PDA

View Full Version : The Grammy Nominations Are Out; I Have Lost All Faith In My Religion.

JaytodaP
12-12-2008, 03:40 AM
Ima Millionaire,
Im a Young Money Millie in aire, tougher than Nigerian hair,
My criteria compared to your career just isnt fair,
Ima venereal disease like a menstrual bleed..
Threw the pencil and leak the sheet of the tablet in my mind,

--- The lyrics of this song belong to an album and an artist that got nominated for 8 grammys. I'm not going to tell you who this is, because then I'd be promoting him.

If this is what is considered something for an Album of the Year nomination, then I don't think I can have any connection to this world we live in.

Ouch!
12-12-2008, 03:47 AM
Most of the other nominations aren't that bad, to be perfectly honest.

JaytodaP
12-12-2008, 04:02 AM
I'm willing to take into account that I may be biased because I don't like new music that much at all.

But honestly, when you compare yourself to a woman's period, you lose your right to any sort of positive recognition ever. If I went to school tomorrow and said that I was an integral part of menstruation, someone would probably punch me in the face.

I don't know though, I still think that Metallica should have at least got nominated for Album of the Year. Personally I gave Coldplay a shot, I didn't like them, but they haven't done a lot to piss me off, so I can't make fun of them for anything. I wouldn't really complain if they won... and on that list they deserve it. Even though I love Led Zep I don't really like anything that Plant has done recently. I even had a chance to go see him but I didn't want to.

Rocket Edge
12-12-2008, 04:06 AM
Since he proclaimed himself the greatest rapper alive the media have been having a hissy fit. The media shape the grammy's, simple as.

Kirobaito
12-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Hey, but Tom Paxton, Pete Seeger, and Peggy Seeger all got nominated for Traditional Folk Album of the Year, which is the only category I care about. Tom's been performing for over 45 years, and never had a Grammy nomination, but this is (I think) his 4th in 6 years, so I really hope he wins and gets the lifetime of credit he deserves. Pete's nominated for At 89 (as that is his freaking age), and it's his second nomination ever (he won the first time, 10 years ago) despite the fact that he's one of the most influential American singers of the 20th century (he did win a Lifetime Achievement Award in '93).

Rye
12-12-2008, 03:53 PM
L'il Wayne, is dat you?

Old Manus
12-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Wayne is all about puns and metaphors, whether or not they are relevant to anything.

Rye
12-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Safe sex is great sex and great sex is safe sex so you better wear a latex because you don't want that latex to be I think I'm late tex.

charliepanayi
12-12-2008, 08:13 PM
I'm with The Simpsons when it comes to the Grammys - they're a bit of a joke really (how many bloody categories are there?!), and I love it when the show has ridiculed the awards.

I Took the Red Pill
12-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Lil Wayne is better than 90% of the garbage out there. Some of his rhymes are ridiculous. Be quiet.

Nominus Experse
12-13-2008, 07:46 PM
The entire grammies are a joke anyway

Depression Moon
12-14-2008, 02:39 AM
yeah I can't stand Lil Wayne he's overrated, I think TI had a couple of good songs, I don't who is nominated in the R&B and Rock categories, I just saw this video http://new.music.yahoo.com/videos/JamieFoxx/Just-Like-Me--205696550yesterday on TV and there should be a category for funniest music video, because I hadn't laughed at a video like this in a while.