PDA

View Full Version : Um, what did you just say?

Shiny
12-12-2008, 04:16 AM
I was having a phone convo and for some reason I was talking about an encyclopedia and the person was like, "...did you just say necrophilia?" Another mishearing is when I said, "disney" and the same person thought I said, "do me"...which I didn't of course. :shifty:

So anywayz, topic is mishearing something someone else has said and/or them mishearing you.

Jessweeee♪
12-12-2008, 04:25 AM
The orthodontists had me wear a herbst (http://www.tanos.co.uk/braces/bkb/main.php?d=./mainsite/knowledge_base/types/&v=herbst_appliances/herbst_appliances&t=p&e=0) and when people asked me what the hell all the metal was in my mouth I'd say, "It's a herbst."

Every time, I swear to god, they'd say "...what, you have herpes?"

blackmage_nuke
12-12-2008, 04:54 AM
What he claims he said "It's home time"

What I (and the other people around me) heard him say "It's hentai"

Frequency NecroKat
12-12-2008, 06:18 AM
My mom constantly thinks I'm saying something dirty. Granted, I do that a lot, but it's always when I'm saying something innocent.

I don't remember everything she's misheard, but I remember this golden moment at the comic shop. I asked my sister, "Is this Wolverine and Phoenix?". Mom heard "Wolverine's penis". :P

The Last Oath
12-12-2008, 06:57 AM
I once ordered a large coke at mcdonalds and the person behind me asked

"did you ask for a large cock"?

Peegee
12-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Shiny, disney.

Loony BoB
12-12-2008, 04:54 PM
I was having a phone convo and for some reason I was talking about an encyclopedia and the person was like, "...did you just say necrophilia?" Another mishearing is when I said, "disney" and the same person thought I said, "do me"...which I didn't of course. :shifty:
This is what you get for having a phone conversation with Psy. You should have seen that coming!

This happens with Danielle and myself quite often. I mishear a lot of the things she says, usually because of background noise.

SilverWind
12-12-2008, 09:29 PM
That has definitely happened to me, I just can't think of any stories. Sadly, No one can understand what I say sometimes. I tend to mumble. Ah well.

Quindiana Jones
12-12-2008, 11:02 PM
I ordered tomatoes in a Subway in America. "Olives?" was the response.

Later on, I ordered a strawberry milkshake from a random café place (where they had an uberfit waitress lass who totally digged me ;)), and the response was "Chocolate?".

I wouldn't mind if either situation had words that sounded even remotely similar. :mad2:

Shiny
12-12-2008, 11:22 PM
I wonder sometimes if just background noise or what the person wants to hear. xD

I have another from today.

Person A: What's that smell?
Person B: I'm baking a cake.
Person A: ...What.
Person B: A cake, want some?
Person A: No thank you. I don't want a baked cock.

Vermachtnis
12-13-2008, 12:05 AM
Well one time I was on the phone and sat on my keys. She heard, I sat on my cat. Although to be fair, it wouldn't be to surprising if did set on my cat. And there was this long conversation about a pole that started after I said something about a pores. This is the exact reason I like IMs more than the phone.