PDA

View Full Version : New trailers for FFXIII and FFvXIII!!!

Vivisteiner
12-12-2008, 08:30 PM
FF13 DKΣ3713 | Veoh Video Network (http://www.veoh.com/videos/v16902157Qf69KgJS)
FF13 Versus DKΣ3713 | Veoh Video Network (http://www.veoh.com/videos/v16902105DR7q4CJ3)

Elpizo
12-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Versus' trailer REALLY impressed me. The whole time while I was watching I had the feeling I was watching an utterly epic movie. This game has loads of potential. Hopefully Nomura will use that potential and make a masterpiece out of this one.

FF XIII's trailer, however... I was unimpressed by it. Sorry. It just seemed... generic to me. It's setting isn't exactly my cup of tea, either. So this game will have to try harder to impress me. Oh I have no doubt I'll play it someday, I just don't think that with how the game currently is it will become one of my favorites.

So far, Versus XIII seems the way to go for me.

Pete for President
12-12-2008, 09:45 PM
There was yea and meh stuff in XIII's trailer. The contrast between nature and technology is quite impressive, but the characters scream a little bit too much rambo imo. the summons look cool.

I do like the atmosphere in Versus with the whole italian gangster-ish stuff going on combined with a seemingly believable world.

Vivisteiner
12-12-2008, 09:49 PM
The general consensus in the FFXIII forums I'm on is that the Versus trailer is considerably better than the FFXIII one. I agree. Of course though, trailers are not accurate reflections on how good a game is going to be...

EDIT: 480p downloads biotches!

New DVD Quality 480p DKS3173 Trailers - FF-XIII.net (http://www.ff-xiii.net/boards/showthread.php?t=7035)

Depression Moon
12-12-2008, 09:57 PM
Yeah that Versus trailer really was great and I agree that the XII one just seemed like some cutscenes melded together. VXIII seemed like a movie trailer, I wonder if we'll be able to drive fancy cars in the game like in the trailer.

Jessweeee♪
12-12-2008, 11:46 PM
OH MY GOD THOSE WERE SO AWESOME O_O

Dreddz
12-13-2008, 01:22 AM
Still nothing compelling shown in the Final Fantasy XIII. It seems the more they show of the game the less I'm interested.

Versus XIII on the other hand looks incredible. When they started quoting Shakespeare it did seem a bit pretentious but other than that the game looks tight at hell. Digging the Yakuza theme.

Wolf Kanno
12-13-2008, 05:57 AM
In the middle of watching the trailer for XIII, I thought I was watching the trailer for Xenosaga episode 4. In the middle of vXII, I thought I was watching a remake of the Godfather except set in Midgard.

Between the two vXIII was more interesting but I'm worried that its heavy movie tone will make it like The Bouncer where it will be all cutscene and no gameplay. XIII looks like it may be an greater offender of this.

Beyond that, the Yakuza feel of vXIII looks interesting but I still want gameplay. I also get the weird feeling that it already looks like it should have been made as a movie rather than a game.

XIII's was just: Prehistoric world, over the top wire-fu, world of tomorrow, another wire-fu cutscene "with motorcycles", mysterious new girl meeting with a military group that remind me of the Nazi's or any other typical fascist regime and a couple more wire-fu battles in case you were not paying attention. :rolleyes2

vXIII's trailer created drama and tone. Its violence even looks artistic scary enough. I'm actually intrigued by its plot; whereas XIII's was just landscapes and combat. If XIII didn't have Final Fantasy in the title I would have sworn it was some other gaming series starting with Xenosaga and ending on Star Ocean IV.

Granted vXIII looks more like Devil May cry without the humor than an FF as well.

Dreddz
12-13-2008, 01:27 PM
One thing worth noting is that the end of the vXIII trailer said "worldwide" which I'm sure is suggesting that it is going to have a simultaneous worldwide release. That's music to my ears considering I live in Europe.

nirojan
12-13-2008, 04:36 PM
OMFG!!!!! vXIII looks awesome! i have to say xiii looks disappointing, because somewhere in the trailer i saw clone troopers from star wars, but the whole mafia and summon swords of versus looks incredible. I thought Noctis was the heir to the kingdom... why are they attacking their king? Anyways when nomura said this game would feel like a completely diffrent series and no longer the sunshine heros from the FF series he wasn't kiddin. And it looks like SE has updated their graphics as well... the video sequence are a tad bit better than advent children. Oh well reallly looking forward to VERSUS!!

LunarWeaver
12-14-2008, 08:33 PM
I enjoyed both of them. Liquids came out of me that I didn't know I had. Such was my happy.

Dr. Acula
12-14-2008, 09:30 PM
OH MY GOD THOSE WERE SO AWESOME O_O

Freya
12-14-2008, 10:18 PM
I think they rock my face off. I agree Versus looks movie like. But I did enjoy the other trailer as well. :D

Rostum
12-14-2008, 10:44 PM
I think they look incredible. Can anyone confirm how much of it is run by the engine in real time? Would not suprise me if it was the majority of it.

Vivisteiner
12-14-2008, 11:50 PM
^At the end of both trailers are the in game sections. The rest of it is CGI.

Jessweeee♪
12-15-2008, 12:45 AM
Looks like the showed some non-CGI cutscenes for FFXIII in that trailer...still pretty gorgeous.

Wolf Kanno
12-15-2008, 06:53 AM
Watching the trailers a few more times, I have to say that Versus seems better and better even if the trailer makes me think of what would happen if The Godfather and Devil May Cry had a child together and named it after a Final Fantasy. Still it looks pretty good.

XIII looks like Infinite Undiscovery, Last Remnant and Star Ocean IV. With a bit of Xenosaga at certain points. I can honestly say I'm really not that impressed. The giant robot/tower creature being stored away by the troops and later found by Lightening and company in the frozen wave reminds of stuff from Xenosaga with the Tower/robot thing replacing the Zohar. :D

The game looks pretty but its really underwhelming to watch.

P.S. Where's my Gameplay!!! :mad:

Rye
12-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Wow, this is reminds me so much of FFX, it's not even funny. I see quite a lot of FFVIII in it too xD

I really dig this trailer. Exciting!

EDIT: Oh my god, Versus looks so much better. What's the big difference? Two different games? Why? xD

qwertysaur
12-15-2008, 05:40 PM
Wow, this is reminds me so much of FFX, it's not even funny. I see quite a lot of FFVIII in it too xD

I really dig this trailer. Exciting!

EDIT: Oh my god, Versus looks so much better. What's the big difference? Two different games? Why? xD
Three games allow different developers to play with the world of FF XIII however they want, and I think it's a good thing as these trailers show.

The trailers are really shiny. Can't wait to see the Demo of XIII when it eventually is made :D

Vivisteiner
12-15-2008, 07:00 PM
^I think the demo comes out in 2 or 3 months in Japan...

Dragonsoul
12-15-2008, 10:51 PM
I don't use these forums as much, taking a little break from games, will return more before Final Fantasy XIII comes out. Anyways I saw both trailers but was by far more impressed with the one for Final Fantasy Versus XIII one. Better music, better settings and characters, seems more dramatic. Final Fantasy XIII was great but I'm really starting to wonder if Final Fantasy Versus XIII I'll like more than that(and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Starcraft 2 btw).

I really wonder when the game is going to be released. I hope it gets developed fast but they make it right. I wonder when is the next time we'll get more information. Probably in March with the FF XIII demo disc, they'll put another trailer? :)

Elskidor
12-16-2008, 01:23 AM
They are taking their sweet time on getting these games out.

VeloZer0
12-18-2008, 02:43 PM
Versus looks amazing, but I can't say the trailer changed my opinion of it any.

When I was watching the XIII trailer all I could think of was Start Wars Episode I. Usually a game producer will try to make a art style that will match the 'feel' and 'tone' of the game, and I can't say I'm psyched about XIII with the graphics looking the way they are. (style wise, technically they are amazing)

Bahamut2000X
12-18-2008, 07:09 PM
Beyond the pretty graphics I wasn't impressed much. It seemed like bland rehashed character designs (except the bandanna guy, he actually looks fairly decent I think) and the trailers seemed more like a show of their graphics (which again are nice, but don't make a game SE) rather then making me pumped by showing me gameplay, characters, and introducing a story to get me excited.

But then again I've lost any hope in SE producing a real FF since IX.

PeneloRatsbane
12-20-2008, 12:00 AM
I really like the look of Versus XIII, i like the darker atmosphere

Croyles
01-02-2009, 02:48 PM
I like the look of both, but I like the versus trailer quite a bit more. Gameplay wise, it remains to be seen.

Cloudane
01-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Meh, looks worryingly similar to FFXII with the whole mass warring armies on airships theme, not to mention Ashe Mk.II (I hope she's not as much of an annoying spoilt brat) and YET ANOTHER scene of our lead female looking all royal and stuff which we've had every damn game since IX.

If there's anyone who reminds me of Cloud, it's one of the guys on Versus. I don't really understand the "Versus XIII" idea or where it came from (same goes for Agito XIII, aside from it being an excuse to sell a PSP game), but it looks exactly like Advent Children to me, with a sprinkling of Zack and co from Crisis Core, a Cloud and Aerith (at war with each other?) and a Squall and Rinoa at the end, in what looks like an exact duplicate of the finger-waving scene from VIII.

I really don't know. My impression is that they've ran out of ideas (or rather, lost the heart and soul of Final Fantasy to Mistwalker) and are now recycling the last couple of games/movies and copying Star Wars a bit more than usual.

Hopefully it's just the character designs that look recycled. They've always had *some* variation in the characters but this time it's like Ashe, Penelo (XIII), Kadaj, Zack, Angeal, Cloud, Aerith and a few others (Versus XIII) have been reincarnated.

I hope I'm wrong and that they're going to be awesome. Up to and including X, I loved the Final Fantasy games and lived and breathed them. But I'll take these games with a very large pinch of salt.

Avarice-ness
01-08-2009, 07:27 PM
I'm sorry, but Versus looks like every anime I've ever seen since I was 8 only in 3D.

13 on the other hand still has the FF look to it, granted more futurey, but still has the look.

The graphics and direction were AWESOME in the versus but as for it bringing me in to play a game, yeah didn't work. Might watch it if it were a movie, and I'd buy the music, but I can't play games that give me trailers that are like movies because they tend to play that way.

Who knows though.

VeloZer0
01-10-2009, 03:10 AM
To me XIII doesn't have the least bit of an 'FF' look. In the early FFs there was a largely medieval feel, and even later in FF VI/VII although the level of technology was more advanced there was still a dirty/gritty feel to the world. It has only been in FF X/XII that SE has adopted the new 'Star Wars Episode I' style sleek/polished atmosphere that XIII appears to be based on.

And for the record I am decidedly not a fan of the polished style.

KentaRawr!
02-05-2009, 12:42 PM
It looks pretty cool.

The Turk
02-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Versus looks terrible. Really bland. Typical cliched lead character with spiky hair who looks all angsty. In fact he looks like every main FF character since Cloud (not that Lightnings looks much better, but at least the other characters in the game look original). The female shown in that trailer looks exactly like AC Aeris too. The only character I liked the look of is the guy with glasses, he looks pretty cool. It all looks like a poor man's Devil May Cry.

Final Fantasy XIII however looks brilliant and the graphics are sublime. I was worried it was all going a bit too sci-fi, and it probably is, but it's more than likely that it's just the one capital city that is modern while the rest of the world is relatively gadget-free.

Aria28
02-07-2009, 01:09 PM
I agree with the general feeling that FF XIII Versus' trailer is definitely the most epic and captivating of the two: music, editing, story, there's everything to make you go wow.

However, trailers easily can sell you something for what they are not (anyone who's seen the trailer to Casshern and seen the movie afterwards will know exactly what I mean). Also we're talking about videogames and there's this thing called "gameplay" which is also pretty important, and we have yet to know exactly what it will be like - and we have seen even less of that regarding Versus (at least demos are beginning to surface for FF XIII, although it's still all pretty confused to me). So no matter how great, slick and capitvating FFXIII Versus' trailer is, it's just that, a trailer, and the jury's still out as far as I'm concerned

And I must agree somewhat with The Turk: you cannot honestly say that Noctis doesn't look like an almost exact replica of Cloud (especially in his AC glory). Now hopefully it doesn't mean that they have to share the same personality...

Tainted Angel
08-28-2009, 08:40 AM
Was the girl in the White outfit Aeris or some clone of Aeris? Because I'm curious about when she goes toe-to-tow withg Cloud in that magic battle over the river.

Wolf Kanno
08-28-2009, 10:21 AM
Please don't bring back old threads, they smell funny. If you wish to discuss something, please just start a new thread. Thank you! ;)