PDA

View Full Version : KHIII The greatest Kingdom Hearts

Depression Moon
12-12-2008, 10:13 PM
Hey well the KH threads going around here, I wanted to make a discussion on what some of you would like to see in KHIII to make it the best one yet. For me with some of the flaws in KHII I would like to see a bit more platforming that was there from the first game II seemed to emphasize more on combat. I would also like to see a bit more puzzles too that you get in FF games. I think the coliseum mode needs to go back on the quality of the original since it didn't seem all that challenging or epic to me in KHII. More secret bosses as well, now that I'm thinking about it, II seemed to go a lot of steps back, but they did make the gummi ship parts more fun and speaking about that, eventhough KH's gummi missions were a little bad, it did sort of made it more friendly to build and customize your own ships, I think II's interface might've been a little more complex.

What I also see as a flaw in both games that the game never tries to influence you to use your summons in combat. In the original game I probably found Tinkerbell the most useful and I only used her in one battle and that was against Malificent Dragon. In II I used sometimes only a couple of times in the story and more in the coliseum mode where it seems is the only place where they are useful when you're alone. I think the magic is fine, but they probably could add some new spells. in the original game when I saw the battle interface it reminded me of FF and I was expecting for the game to have status ailments in it, but sadly it had none, so I think III needs to bring it with Posion, Blind (Causes the screen to go black, but you can still target enemies you just won't know how far or close they are) silence, sleep, and confuse.

Also the game's AI needs to be a little more rebust the disney guest characters seemed to handle enemies fine on their own, but in KH II when I just watch and sat Donald, Goofy, and Riku attack enemies, they weren't doing hardly any damage and Donald uses up magic against enemies that are immune to it which is also stupid. Well that's all I have to say what are your views on it?

LunarWeaver
12-19-2008, 10:17 PM
AI could definitely be better. I wouldn't mind them shamelessly stealing the Gambits from FFXII, but I doubt a lot of kids could get a grasp on them. Not a lot of adults could.

I want Sora/whoever is in the next one to be more customizable. They allow you to pick these three weapons at the beginning, and while they do change things, I want it to be more specific. If I choose the staff, I want to feel like a crazy magic guy.

The series needs to bring back the attack abilities of the first. Look, as much fun as hitting triangle every so often is, I much preferred equipping these abilities and using them as I pleased. But the ease of one button is most likely because of the target audience.

Also, everyone should just admit they're gay next time. (Overused and not even funny the first time joke alert!)

arcanedude34
12-20-2008, 02:47 AM
AI could definitely be better. I wouldn't mind them shamelessly stealing the Gambits from FFXII.
This would make Kingdom Hearts about three hundred percent better. At least.

Depression Moon
12-20-2008, 03:02 AM
Do you think gambits would be necessary. The game's combat isn't that complex for their to be a need for them, but I guess it would work out to have Donald set to enemy=fire weak- cast Fira or Goofy having Ally MP <30%- MP Gift

Wolf Kanno
12-20-2008, 03:35 AM
I would stick to a heavy emphasis on combat, KH1 was a terrible platformer. I don't mind an increase into exploration but that does not mean platforming. Exploration means you can go anywhere and do everything. Platforming is mindlessly jumping and climbing to advance the game cause there is nothing else. I hated most of the KH1 worlds cause they were claustrophobic and needlessly platform heavy. The camera made the whole experience more frustrating... I'd rather see large worlds with lots of places to explore than cramp areas that involve jumping from platform to platform, except the smurfing camera keeps resetting once you jump after you spent 10 minutes configuring to where it needed to be, and of course the whiplash inducing camera spin means you miss the platform and now have to waste another 10 minutes of your life just jump across two houses...

For combat, all I really want is more emphasis on Reaction commands and I agree with Noctiluca that special attacks should be brought back but I want them a bit more flexible. Mostly I want enemy A.I. to be better so the combat system isn't wasted. I want more teamwork between enemy units. I would love to see the Neo-Shadows be far more aggressive and mean.

I am also for the Gambit system being ripped off from XII for this game. Donald and Googy could finally work and lord knows your Disney companions need these skills. I would also like better use of the form commands. They are a neat idea but I feel they need to be retouched. They are way overpowered. Magic was pretty nice in KH2 so I can't complain, I genuinely prefer the emphasis on practical support magic rather than trying to make offensive skills that are inferior to normal combat.

Better writing... First, kick Nojima off the project cause he killed KH2, bring back Daisuke who wrote the wonderful KH:CoM and helped write KH1. Next, kick Nomura in the head about his whole "I purposely leave loose ends to keep the fans specualting". NO BAD NOMURA!!! *SMACK* Its a nice idea in theory, especially when the first two games came out and there were cryptic clues to greater things but fans didn't even think about them until they saw the secret ending. The problem was that most of those clues were in the secret trailer and the few important clues in the game were just two things and most fans didn't even think about it. KH2 is a giant Robot Chicken paraody of a M. Night Shamylon skit. Almost every plot point made me think someone should say "What a Twist!" and most of them don't go anywhere.

KH2 was practically a half written game. You spend two games introducing a new set of villains then axe them all off with little backstory into who they were and you completely waste the potential of several characters just so you can hype another spin-off game that should explain stuff that should have been in the actual sequel? Smurf you Nomura. CoM felt more like a solid sequel than KH2 did. The only reason why I still give a damn is because the Final Mix actually filled in a lot of gaps concerning plot points and characters. Even then, it doesn't bloody well do anyone good outside of Japan.

:End Rant:

To me, KH1 was a mediocre game with an intriguing story. KH2 was a wonderful and fun game with a lousy plot... I just want something in the middle.:sad:

Depression Moon
12-20-2008, 03:55 AM
I didn't have that much of a hard time at all with the platforming in KH and the camera problem only seemed to happen with me during some battle. As for the story of II, I saw it as an improvement of the original and I didn't really care too much about the background of Orginization XIII except for maybe Axel who I wonder whose nobody he really is. I always thought he was Riku's since he was a friend of Sora's nobody. I also want to add that we don't need another boss fight like Genie Jafar's in II's. I agree with your statement about drive forms. Perhaps to fix that they could just make the bosses harder or the forms slightly weaker. I also want Malificent back in the next one and to actually fight her this time and the battle should feel sort of epic like fighting against Ultimecia.

Wolf Kanno
12-20-2008, 04:59 AM
There were just a few spots I had some trouble with in KH. Like Monstro, where I jumped from a platform to reach a treasure only to learn I need the fly ability to reach it and instead had to work my way through most of the dungeon again. My real problem with KH1 was that it tried to be tto many things and every part felt unpolished. Even combat has rough spots.The camera was the main issue and while KH2 fixed it, its obvious its more for a combat system. I also liked the combat more. I had more fun going through the Collesium than trying to play kiddie Prince of Persia in Agrabah.

I'm still miffed that Maleficent came back to be honest. That was a plot point that not only came out of nowhere but never really went anywhere either. The Organization intrigued me but its because I really loved the philisophical ramifications of the concept known as Nobodies. I was really sad when KH2 deiced to forget the concept after the prologue. :(

blackmage_nuke
12-21-2008, 11:38 AM
I think the story in the disney worlds could be alot better than what was done in KHII. It just followed the movie plots and was very unoriginal and annoying to sit through cutscenes to recieve the next instructions. It was irritating how sora continually got distracted, atleast in KhI he had his main goal in mind most of the time. Though i thought the main plot in KH2 was very good but that only occurs at the beginning and end.

Further more there should be an option like in ffxii to take out party members, ie so you can choose to only have 2 or 1 member in your party at a time. It would be good for playing solo challenges and if your one of the people like me who gets abit embarrased having donald and goofy chase you around everywhere you can just get rid of them. Or if your extremely indecisive and cant pick one to ditch in favour of a world specific replacement you can just kick both of them off.

I would also like to be able to have more exploration, there were too many invisible boundaries in KH2 and all the treasures were easily accesible and there wasnt the same satisfaction

And more FF characters from the snes generation

sdm42393
12-21-2008, 03:29 PM

Was there any to begin with (besides Setzer)?

Marshall Banana
12-21-2008, 04:06 PM
KHIII should have a less convoluted story than KHII. I like the story of KH, because it feels just like the fairy tales that play out in Disney movies, but KHII feels like a typical (bad) movie/Disney sequel.

This is a stretch, but I think that the look and gameplay of Odin Sphere would suit a Kingdom Hearts game.

I'm still miffed that Maleficent came back to be honest. That was a plot point that not only came out of nowhere but never really went anywhere either.
Me, too. That was ridiculous.

sir helix
12-21-2008, 07:34 PM
a world dedicated strictly to FF snes.

(i made up a midgar world a wile back and my school friends said it would be awsome to have in a real KH game)

sdm42393
12-22-2008, 02:54 AM
I'm still miffed that Maleficent came back to be honest. That was a plot point that not only came out of nowhere but never really went anywhere either.

I wouldn't be surprised if she was supposed to be more involved with the plot, but the plot was cut.

blackmage_nuke
12-23-2008, 01:24 PM

Was there any to begin with (besides Setzer)?

Not that I know of, and even Setzer didnt really fit his normal personality.

Wolf Kanno
12-23-2008, 06:55 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if she was supposed to be more involved with the plot, but the plot was cut.

Not likely, Nomura has said he purposely has the story written to leave holes and gaps in the plot so fans can speculate. Its very likely that Maleficent had no purpose in this chapter of the story except for raising hopes and massive misdirection.

LunarWeaver
12-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Maybe he felt Disney villains needed a little more representation since the game is so focused on Organization XIII through much of it. I dunno. I didn't mind her coming back too much. It was quite unnecessary, but I just accepted it. I like to hear her laugh anyway. HOOAHAHHOAHA~

blackmage_nuke
12-24-2008, 12:45 PM
I hope Twighlight Town and the Twiglight Town gang feature in the next game, though its doesnt seem very likely as they only really had ties to Roxas and unless he appears theres no real reason to bring them back. Never the less I loved those guys.
(Speaking of which I hope Roxas is in the game somehow too)

Wolf Kanno
12-27-2008, 06:33 AM
Its sad how despite only being in the game for a short time, Roxas established himself as a stronger and more enduring character than Sora. At least to me. I still become sad when I finally get control of Sora in KH2 :cry:

Fonzie
12-27-2008, 05:22 PM
Its sad how despite only being in the game for a short time, Roxas established himself as a stronger and more enduring character than Sora. At least to me. I still become sad when I finally get control of Sora in KH2 :cry:

Hey, he had a good summer eating ice cream and doing... beach things. :p

Wolf Kanno
12-29-2008, 04:44 AM
He never even got to go to the beach!!! Poor guy...:cry:

Instead his last week of summer vacation was filled with bizarre mind games that would do Fei Fong Wong proud. :D

sdm42393
12-29-2008, 05:02 AM
I still become sad when I finally get control of Sora in KH2 :cry:

*sigh* Same here. Until I realized that his "tutorial" world was boring as hell. But he did establish himself more as a character, which is what I really liked about him.

Mercen-X
02-03-2009, 09:37 PM
bit more puzzles. Influence you to use your summons. Bring it with poison, blindness, silence, sleep, and confuse.

game's AI. Donald, Goofy, and Riku stupid.Good points. Yes to puzzles. No to epic Coliseum.

hero customizable. bring back the attack abilitiesPersonally, I always like games where you can purposely change your character's appearance. But if they just added more costume-changing worlds, I'd be happy with that. Sora's Final Form and Halloween Town Final Form (he's wearing a crown!) rock! Maybe have some more world-specific abilities.

Exploration means you can go anywhere and do everything. more teamwork between enemy units. I would love to see the Neo-Shadows be far more aggressive and mean.

I would also like better use of the form commands. They are a neat idea. They are way overpowered.

Better writing... First, kick Nojima off the project because he killed KH2, bring back Daisuke. Next, ditch the leaving of "loose ends to keep the fans speculating." BAD NOMURA!!!
Large worlds for exploration? Yes. I don't know about writing... somehow the stories seemed the same to me.

background of Orginization XIII, who Axel really is. drive forms. Perhaps to fix that they could just make the bosses harder or the forms slightly weaker. I also want Maleficent back and to actually fight epic like against Ultimecia.Yeah, damn it! Who the hell is Axel? He's like the good, the bad, and the pretty boy. I know why they killed him though. He was an experiment by Nomura who wanted a Reno in KH and let's face it, they can't have that character in both games unless it's really Reno (or if Reno dies in FF7... ain't happening).

I think the story in the disney worlds could be alot better .
option to take out party members.
there were too many invisible boundaries in KH2 and all the treasures were easily accesible and there wasnt the same satisfaction.
And more FF characters from pre-VII generation
The Disney Worlds seemed to focus near-entirely on love and lost friends. It was an ever-constant reminder that Donald and Goofy were searching for Mickey and that Sora was searching for Kairi and Riku. Now we just need a game where Kairi, Riku, and Mickey go looking for the other three and the circle will be complete.
Maybe the world-specific character should follow you around as a fourth (FF12... and KH Riku) instead of replacing a character. World-specific characters could also provide different Drive Forms.

KHIII should have a less convoluted story than KHII.
This is a stretch, but I think that the look and gameplay of Odin Sphere would suit a Kingdom Hearts game.I haven't played Odin Sphere... but I've seen pictures... no.
I am also in accord that Maleficent's return meant precisely balls.

I hope Twilight Town and the gang feature in the next game, though its doesnt seem very likely as they only really had ties to Roxas and unless he appears theres no real reason to bring them back. (Speaking of which I hope Roxas is in the game somehow too)Point 1: The REAL Twilight Town gang has no idea who the hell this Roxas guy is. They're SORA's friends. They could be brought back for the same reason as Destiny Islands.
Point 2: Roxas is in 352/Days (pronounced Three-Hundred Fifty-Two Days Over Two, but I say Three-Hundred Fifty-Two Half Days), and Ven (who is the original Roxas) is playable character in Birth By Sleep.

Marshall Banana
02-03-2009, 10:34 PM
"No" to beautiful 2D graphics? =O

Depression Moon
02-04-2009, 12:19 AM
2d-graphics that would be a step down for the series. 3-D looks a lot more prettier.

Marshall Banana
02-04-2009, 01:21 AM
No way! 3D isn't better looking just because it's 3D.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/odin_im11.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/odin_im8.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/odin_im6.jpg

Definitely superior.

Depression Moon
02-04-2009, 06:45 PM
http://www.driftingheart.net/yuna-2/media/fmv/fmv203.jpg
http://downloads.khinsider.com/album_images/6270-ektxgebysc.jpg

Definitely superior.

sdm42393
02-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Point 2: Roxas is in 352/Days (pronounced Three-Hundred Fifty-Two Days Over Two, but I say Three-Hundred Fifty-Two Half Days)

Actually, it's pronounced 'Three-Five-Eight-Over-Two Days.'

and Ven (who is the original Roxas)

:eep:

sir helix
02-05-2009, 12:17 AM
i want to see decent keyblades, in KH1 every time you got a new blade it was stronger then the last, but in KHII every time i got a new one i was like "what the hell is this ****"
i anly used kingdom key, hiddon dragon, sleeping lion, gulwing, and the guardion, i would have used ultima weapon but its to hard to come by materials in KHII. you have to use the ones you need just to have to go out and re-obtain them.

FFIX Choco Boy
02-05-2009, 12:53 AM
Sora, Kairi, and Riku as main chars so I don't have to see Donald and Goofy(Mayber even a 5 person party like in 4, or you can choose 3 between the 5), also having these 3 would make it easier to gear your peopleseeings how they all use keyblades now. Also, more magic and status effects would be nice. And strictly FF worlds would be amazing. A FF7 world, an 8 world, a 9 world(With more epic 9 quality music), and a 10 world. A FF12 world would not be very good to do though, not yet at least.

blackmage_nuke
02-05-2009, 12:59 PM
I hope Twilight Town and the gang feature in the next game, though its doesnt seem very likely as they only really had ties to Roxas and unless he appears theres no real reason to bring them back. (Speaking of which I hope Roxas is in the game somehow too)Point 1: The REAL Twilight Town gang has no idea who the hell this Roxas guy is. They're SORA's friends. They could be brought back for the same reason as Destiny Islands.

I refuse to believe this, if it's true then why did they feel the need to see Sora off at the station?
Their hearts are connected and nothing anyone says will make me see reason!:cry:

Wolf Kanno
02-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Exploration means you can go anywhere and do everything. Platforming is mindlessly jumping and climbing to advance the game cause there is nothing else. I hated most of the KH1 worlds cause they were claustrophobic and needlessly platform heavy. The camera made the whole experience more frustrating... I'd rather see large worlds with lots of places to explore than cramped areas that involve jumping from platform to platform...
I want more teamwork between enemy units. I would love to see the Neo-Shadows be far more aggressive and mean.

I would also like better use of the form commands. They are a neat idea but I feel they need to be retouched. They are way overpowered.

Better writing... First, kick Nojima off the project because he killed KH2, bring back Daisuke. Next, ditch the leaving of "loose ends to keep the fans specualting." BAD NOMURA!!!
KH2 was practically a half written game. You spend two games introducing a new set of villains then axe them all off with little back story into who they were and you completely waste the potential of several characters just so you can hype another spin-off game that should explain stuff that should have been in the actual sequel?
Large worlds for exploration? Yes. I don't know about writing... somehow the stories seemed the same to me.

I felt Daisuke was better about holding onto themes in the story. He helped write KH1 but in CoM, I felt he did a wonderful job sticking to the theme of memories and for me, I feel CoM easily has some of the most touching and most intelligent writing in the series. It was oddly enough the darkest game in the series as we watched Sora slowly lose his memories and fall prey to Namine's powers. Even Riku's story wasn't too shabby when you learn to not laugh at the whole "darkness in my heart" spiel.

KHII starts off promising, I give Nojima credit that the prologue with Roxas continues the momentum from CoM but as soon as Sora hits the stage it falls apart. I felt his search for Riku was pretty half-hearted for most of the game. Axel and Kairi have really little reason to be in the plot and half the time I felt they were written into scenes cause Nojima remembered he had those characters.

Organization XIII had great potential as characters but instead get relegated to chatty villains with themes. Its like they became Mega Man bosses. They lack the overall chemistry of the ones we met in CoM. We were treated to an Organization with a dangerous goal that was hounded by in-fighting. Every member seemed to have their own reason for being there. The ones we meet in KH2... Not so much, just Lackey 1 and Lackey 2, oh and don't forget Lackey 3 he's my favorite cause he had a cool design and two lines instead of one! Even their back stories were squandered. We know about half the group through the Secret Ansem reports only. Beyond that, only Roxas and Xemnas got love.

There is Maleficent coming back and basically doing nothing in the game, Pete came off as more of an interesting villain than she did. I also felt the whole Ansem isn't Ansem but rather his apprentice was kind of a cop out plot twist. Perhaps Birth By Sleep may rectify this but the whole thing still seemed silly and plain stupid to me. It might make sense later but it still doesn't change my personal feeling that it was presented rather terribly in KH2. Even the "killing of Goofy" was more of a "wtf?!" moment than an actual surprise or shocking scene; especially how it plays out. I just felt that Nojima spent most of his time trying to shock and surprise the player and not about establishing characters or emotion. He hopes for the moment to bring emotions rather than build on the characters and trust the player to emphasize with them. He does this in most of the games he writes for.

The Organization intrigued me but its because I really loved the philosophical ramifications of the concept known as Nobodies.Interesting point of view.

I find the concept of people who are not suppose to exist and don't exist yet do to be fascinating. The secret ending and CoM promised me some good fun philosophical fun but KH2 took the kiddy route and chose to relegate it as an excuse for them being bad guys. The whole scenario regarding the Nobodies, even their designs seem to speak of deeper things but the game never really goes into it like I wanted them to. A few cryptic lines and Xemnas ranting didn't satisfy me cause I feel its something that could be explored. I was so miffed they chose to write them out of the story rather than just establish them as a another force in the series. I was even more angry by the idea they may have not explored them so they could make a spin-off title...

http://www.driftingheart.net/yuna-2/media/fmv/fmv203.jpg
http://downloads.khinsider.com/album_images/6270-ektxgebysc.jpg

Definitely superior.

I love how your proof of 3D being better is from a Pre-rendered CGI cutscene (just a movie not in-game) scene from X-2 which hardly reflects what the actual 3-D looked like in the game and Pre-rendered CGI picture from KH2 that never really happens and once again, doesn't reflect the actual 3D style of the in-game graphics... ;)

PuPu
02-10-2009, 03:30 AM
Definitely superior.
Yeah, the FMVs are superior, but not necessarily the rest.

Tavrobel
02-10-2009, 04:14 AM
Any of you who's actually ever played both FFX-2 and KHI should know that everything in KHI's graphics and rendering is actually better than FFX-2's. Don't think this is an argument you can win.

You know, I used to think that KHII was the strongest entry in the series. But then, certain little things started irritating me about the game. Things like a lack of thought-out balance (the very fact that I used to have arguments about whether or not Magic is useless is appalling), a removal of all of the platforming elements of the previous game, and a lot of interface problems. I loved holding R1 to lock onto the enemy, and not hitting it once and dealing with an auto-acquisition for me. I love platforming. I love that you have think and be aware of the surroundings; yeah, it's nothing but jumping, but it's better than doing nothing but mashing the X button.

Then I played CoM, and it solidified every single one of my doubts about KHII. I was dead wrong about KHII being better than KHI. KHI suffered a bunch of things, plot-wise, but it made it up with excellent gameplay. KHII seems like it has a stronger plot, but I realized that the characters are so backwards. KHI and CoM has a believable character development, but KHII seems to have some form of regression. It's like everyone decided to just take one year back, even with their infinite resolve.

How to make the theoretical KHIII the best one in the series? Make the plot matter for the whole of the game, even in the Disney worlds. And give me back my difficulty. Screw little kids. There's way to make things deep without being too dark. Ohh, and make the characters interesting again. In KHI, Sora may have been an over-happy kid just trying to run around making sense of everything, but he just did it with a sense of awesome. When I saw the Heartless in End of the World, I got scared, like literally, really scared to be there. I did not want to finish the game, just because the very environment was intimidating. I want that back.

gudkid
02-19-2009, 08:14 AM
oooohhh. KHII definitely had lots of draw backs but it was better at graphics than I in my opinion at least. plot-wise, i love CoM better than the other 2 though it lacked on the "secret bosses and other secret stuff" around but it was still all good. KHI was like a step better than II because at least the plot was much bette and so was the battle system - balanced in nature unlike that of KHII wherein once you enter any of the drive forms (if the situation allows), your enemies are toast. i love the anti-sora form... it was uber great... too uber... T_T KHII for me was just like the same plot with I just with different enemies.

gudkid
02-19-2009, 08:15 AM
oh yeah. i forgot to ask. what console does KH3 play on??? PS3?

Depression Moon
02-19-2009, 02:52 PM
There's no announced platform for it yet, but I can probably assume that it would probably be for PS3, and the Wii at least.

~ Kain ~
02-19-2009, 04:25 PM
I enjoyed KHII's storyline mainly because of mickey and riku. Mickey comes off as a yoda type(superior to almost all in terms of intellect and physical skill)And Riku's journey through the darkness. As someone said already, you really need to get past the whole "darkness in my heart" stuff. Once you do though you realise that Riku did everything in his power to help mickey, kairi, and finally Sora. He did so not thinking he would ever retain his own image and even if he couldn't see them anymore he didn't care as long as they were ok. Ultimately, I thought II was better in pretty much every way including story(I loved the organization and ppl having nobodies). I know the game is targeted for kids but the 3rd looks promising to having more "adult" themes under the plot. This could easily be the best in the series with stronger magic and a harder difficulty. Maybe even through in some multiple button Combo attacks(Say one special move was used by hitting X, O, X, X in succesion)

Aerith's Knight
02-19-2009, 05:37 PM
I may be the only one, but I enjoyed both KH games equally. The only fault I would find is that KHI is pretty hard if you don't level up enough. Both had a decent plot and those should be aknowledged. Although KHII did some cliche-like things on the end I don't approve of(I mean cmon, the several end-bosses?). And I do say that KHI had some more... powerful cutscenes than KHI. The first time I saw the releasing of hearts cutscene in KHI I nearly got goosebumps. And the ending cutscene, with the music, just perfect.

How to make the theoretical KHIII the best one in the series? Make the plot matter for the whole of the game, even in the Disney worlds. And give me back my difficulty. Screw little kids. There's way to make things deep without being too dark. Ohh, and make the characters interesting again. In KHI, Sora may have been an over-happy kid just trying to run around making sense of everything, but he just did it with a sense of awesome. When I saw the Heartless in End of the World, I got scared, like literally, really scared to be there. I did not want to finish the game, just because the very environment was intimidating. I want that back.

Yes.

Marshall Banana
02-19-2009, 06:25 PM
And the ending cutscene, with the music, just perfect.
I think so, too!

sdm42393
02-19-2009, 06:34 PM
For the reason that I'm a cheap bastard, I hope there's a (most likely watered-down) version for the Wii.

Aerith's Knight
02-19-2009, 07:35 PM
And the ending cutscene, with the music, just perfect.
I think so, too!

Gave me goosebumps, so perfect was it matched. ^_^

gudkid
02-20-2009, 10:41 PM
yeah. the ending cutscenes were nice (Kairi was very cute) and the music was cool as well. ^_^

Mercen-X
02-23-2009, 05:04 PM
Point 2: Roxas is in 352/Days (pronounced Three-Hundred Fifty-Two Days Over Two, but I say Three-Hundred Fifty-Two Half Days)

Actually, it's pronounced 'Three-Five-Eight-Over-Two Days.'

and Ven (who is the original Roxas)

:eep:
Kingudamu Hātsu Surī Faibu Eito Deizu ōbā Tsū... Well, you were closer than I. I also like yours better.

Why :eep:?

i want to see decent keyblades, in KH1 every time you got a new blade it was stronger then the last, but in KHII every time i got a new one i was like "what the hell is this ****"
i anly used kingdom key, hiddon dragon, sleeping lion, gulwing, and the guardion, i would have used ultima weapon but its to hard to come by materials in KHII. you have to use the ones you need just to have to go out and re-obtain them.GOD, I HATE games where you coincidentally find better weapons with every step along your journey. Life doesn't work that conveniently. How is it that characters don't accidentally stumble upon these 'advanced weapons' early on and what kind of power would they have and progress might they make if they'd had them from the beginning? It's just stupid.
I thought Ultima Weapon was slightly easier to obtain in II. Now, if you could forge your own Keyblades... how about some Keyblade Fusion (I started doing this in my fanfic). It's temporary, but gives phenomenal boosts to even the weakest weapons. In my fanfic, Fusions even allow Keyblades to give you new drive forms (even forms for Kairi and Riku), let you use inaccessable magic/limits and abilities, and summon powerful creatures to your aid (like Yojimbo).

I also think that 3D works better for console games whereas 2D might work better for PSP and DS.

We don't need FF worlds. We have them in the damn games. Just expand on Radiant Garden, Destiny Islands, Twilight Town, and bring back and expand Traverse Town.

Also
Their hearts are connected and nothing anyone says will make me see reason!:cry:Creepy...

sir helix
03-01-2009, 02:42 AM
if we were able to just stumble on an ultimate weapon at the beginning of a game , would it even be worth playing? and i agree with forging keyblades, that would add a new step to the games, like in Revenant wings, you could forge as many of your own weapons as you wished and each one would be completly different.

Depression Moon
04-25-2009, 02:02 AM
Another thing that I would think would be great in the game, i think I mentioned this eariler, but they should make summons more important in the series. I never felt that I really needed them in most of the game, especially II.

Marry Poppins should appear as a secret boss harder than Sephiroth and when you beat her you can recruit her as the strongest summon in the game!

Wolf Kanno
04-25-2009, 05:00 AM
Mary Poppins would rule. :cool:

Tbh, I feel summons just don't work in an action game like KH. The Combo attacks should really just replace them cause summons were only ever useful in CoM or finishing the Journal of Doom. As an offensive device, they are really lacking and any way I see fixing them makes them worse or the game already does something like it so its pointless. I feel it would be better just to ax the feature all together.

Despite this statement though, I did enjoy the summons in KHII

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-25-2009, 05:45 AM
Tinkerbell was useful though :D

sdm42393
04-25-2009, 12:56 PM
I also think that 3D works better for console games whereas 2D might work better for PSP and DS.

I think 358 and BBS are looking pretty smexy. :)

KHHacker6595
05-19-2009, 02:15 AM
Kingdom Hearts III needs multiple things to make a really good game. First it needs new and improved attack and battle systems. For example Gambits. The game also needs new worlds. Final Fantasy worlds are out of the question, because that is not the nature of the game. Disney worlds need to be well thought and have to have a good story, backround, and Hero/Villain. Adding more FF Characters in the game would be good. May i suggest older characters like from FF IV or VI. My thoughts is that there is barely any characters from IX. personly that is one of my favorites. Zidane might be able to fit the bill but there are plenty of other characters to add. Back to Disney worlds. Worlds that could fit in the story. Robin Hood works, along with The Black Cauldron, or Sword In The Stone. I dont know but these things would definetly improve the game as a series.

Ouch!
05-21-2009, 11:28 PM
My thoughts is that there is barely any characters from IX. personly that is one of my favorites. Zidane might be able to fit the bill but there are plenty of other characters to add.
The reason for the lack of representation of earlier games is likely due to Nomura's lack of involvement in the character design of games before VII. Vivi and Setzer were added due to pressure from his own staff. Now that Nomura has worked on more of Amano's designs (via Dissidia), I would expect that there's a higher probability of older characters making it into the games.