PDA

View Full Version : Performance!

Yar
12-13-2008, 04:29 AM
AND I WAS GREAT!

So, I was helping/hanging out with the pep band (there are 6 members in their band. :p) at their high school basketball game tonight. Then it was time for them to perform and, oh no!, the cowbell player was gone. D: That's when I was told "We need you right now; keep a steady beat."

What's this? I've not ever had any professional cowbell training. But, it was my time to shine! So, I sat there in the corner, keeping a steady beat. I WAS AMAZING, IF I SAY SO MYSELF.

What have you done amazingly without any training or practice that one might need in that situation!

GOGOGO!

Momiji
12-13-2008, 04:39 AM
Oh, pep band. Oh dear god I hated pep band.

*former saxophonist here*

I wouldn't say I'm particularly amazing at anything, but I'm generally really fast to learn how to do things. So really, I can be good at pretty much anything if I'm given a while to get a basic understanding of processes in a task.

Jessweeee♪
12-13-2008, 04:46 AM
WOOOOOOOOO COWBELL

escobert
12-13-2008, 07:17 AM
I saved the world form Saddam Hussein last week.

blackmage_nuke
12-13-2008, 07:20 AM
I make sure I train in the basic skills for as many situations as I can in the case that I am ever needed.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

Balzac
12-13-2008, 12:37 PM
I saved the world from a giant meteor hitting.

Rantz
12-13-2008, 12:48 PM
*former saxophonist here*

*hi5* Let's make a former saxophonists club.

Gwawr
12-14-2008, 06:46 PM
I've been dragged in as a violinist at various points, but I think my crowning glory of 'standing in at the last minute' as being asked to take the role of 'Bianca' in 'The Taming of the Shrew' with two days to go.....and to perform it in Shakesperian Welsh. Which is bloody difficult, not to mention utterly ridiculous.

rubah
12-14-2008, 07:08 PM
There was a rather embarassing picture of myself at a basketball game getting our principal to play cowbell with me on a song.
(well the picture quality was embarassing moreso than the content)

I totally managed to own it up in a song in rock band last night on the drumset on medium! I was rather proud. And then the next two songs stomped me.

scrumpleberry
12-14-2008, 08:38 PM
I've been dragged in as a violinist at various points, but I think my crowning glory of 'standing in at the last minute' as being asked to take the role of 'Bianca' in 'The Taming of the Shrew' with two days to go.....and to perform it in Shakesperian Welsh. Which is bloody difficult, not to mention utterly ridiculous.

Hats freaking off.

I SAID TAKE YOUR HATS OFF. ALL OF YOU :mad2:

Rye
12-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Nah. xD I refused to do any singing roles if I wasn't well prepared. I do not make a fool of myself on stage. I need to rehearse songs a lot, because singing opera german arias take practice.

I've stopped singing though, alas. xD Feels so weird to say that...