PDA

View Full Version : The interwebz don't believe that I live in the US.

Xaven
12-14-2008, 05:37 AM
About two weeks ago, Google, Yahoo and the like started automatically sending me to their Spanish sites. How delightful, considering my quarter of Spanish blood. As of about last week it switched over to their UK site. How delightful, considering my quarter of Welsh blood. What's next, Cherokee? How delightful considering my sixteenth of Cherokee blood!

Not really a problem, just puzzling.

Also, on a possibly unrelated note, I can't connect to other anonymous players on SSBB wifi features. I can immediately watch matches with the Spectate feature, but I'll sit in the waiting area for battles with anyone (both normal and team) for an hour without a single nibble. Maybe Nintendo thinks I live in the UK and gets itself all confused trying to find anyone close to me, hah. :O

k u fix it nao

crono_logical
12-14-2008, 09:31 AM
The IP address block your ISP is using for your connection seems to have only been allocated just over 2 months ago, which is very recent, so probably most places haven't updated a definitive location for that block yet :p

Saying that, my Firefox plugin is saying United States correctly for your address :p