PDA

View Full Version : Aurans arm WTF

sir helix
12-14-2008, 05:43 AM
Does anyone have any idea why Auran keeps his left arm in his shirt like a sling. besides making himself look more kick ass. its bugged me ever since the game came out, but im just now asking this. dont know what took me so long.

Tavrobel
12-14-2008, 05:51 AM
I've read somewhere this is an emulation of ronin behavior, that the arm is hidden to represent the loss of a master. Think of it as him entering "serious mode" when he does it.

sir helix
12-14-2008, 05:59 AM
huh that makes sence. i need to replay the game now,
this just struck a nerve about aurans past with the monks. hmmm

blackmage_nuke
12-14-2008, 07:17 AM
Yunalesca broke his arm when he was still alive

Or atleast thats what i gathered.

Sephiroth
12-14-2008, 11:49 AM
Yunalesca broke his arm when he was still alive

Or atleast thats what i gathered.

That's right.

You can see it in the flashback in Zanarkand. It's a bit like Riku who was injured by Roxas so he couldn't use his left arm.

Pete for President
12-14-2008, 01:27 PM
I guess the Ronin stuff is more logical since Auron has lost his "master", lord Braska.

sir helix
12-14-2008, 04:30 PM
i agree. if his arm was broken by yunalesca then it would have healed up and he wouldnt need to support it any more

Sephiroth
12-14-2008, 06:41 PM
i agree. if his arm was broken by yunalesca then it would have healed up and he wouldnt need to support it any more

That's Final Fantasy. Not everything has to be logical.;)

And it's the same with Riku (Kingdom Hearts).

Oh, and (Spoiler)

Auron died after Yunalesca's attack. There was no way his wound could heal. So it's just another symbol.

EDIT: LOL, no one says his arm is broken. He has been attacked by Yunalesca. And because of this attack which randomly hit his arm he holds his arm like that.

black orb
12-15-2008, 12:47 AM
Does anyone have any idea why Auran keeps his left arm in his shirt like a sling. besides making himself look more kick ass. its bugged me ever since the game came out, but im just now asking this. dont know what took me so long.
>>> He probably doesnt shave his armpit on that side, thats why he keep it hidden..

Big D
12-16-2008, 06:13 AM
Auron's arm isn't broken. He uses it to swing his sword.
The arm-in-sleeve thing is, as others have said, symbolic of his 'Ronin samurai' influence. Same as the sake jug on his belt.

Yar
12-16-2008, 07:52 AM
I remember noticing that he shaved his pits, as well. :p

Big D
12-16-2008, 09:08 AM
But never his chin, though. Perpetual five o'clock shadow...

Yar
12-16-2008, 12:18 PM
It's five o'clock somewhere... :-/

Ultros
12-16-2008, 04:11 PM
i thought square put that in just because it looked pretty cool! like he always wears sunglasses even indoors and stuff...it just looks cool :tongue: