PDA

View Full Version : Strep Throat!

Cleric
12-15-2008, 02:30 PM
So I have recently come down with Strep throat. I am one of those people though that as long as I am not dying, I am gonna get some things to treat the symptoms and ride it out. I think that prescribed medicines have their place, but I like to take them as little as possible. I think the last time was like 5 years ago...anywho, when you're this sick are you running to the doctor right away to get your meds, or are you more like me, and letting your immune system take it away. Discuss

Flying Mullet
12-15-2008, 02:37 PM
I usually tough out most illnesses for a day or two and see if my body can handle them on its own. If it's still persistent after a day or two or becomes debilitating I'll head to the doctor.

Rye
12-15-2008, 02:52 PM
This is the first year I didn't get strep throat in many many years! *knock on wood*

I don't really like to use medicine. I try to ride things out.

Old Manus
12-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Last time I went to see a doctor about anything was about 5 years ago. Srsly, unless you've contracted meningitis, you're just wasting their time.

Red Fox In Disguise
12-15-2008, 05:00 PM
I usually wait quite a while before going to the doctor. What's the point in wasting their time with your cold(or whatever silly little illness it is), which everybody and their granny knows there is nothing they can do about anyway. :strut:

qwertysaur
12-15-2008, 05:03 PM
I treat the symptoms when they appear, but if I get an unusually strong symptom/they persist for a few days, I'll go to the doctor. If the symptoms are severe, I go right to the doctor.

Rantz
12-15-2008, 05:35 PM
I went to the doctor last week to have a lump on my neck examined. Before that, I don't think I've been to the doctor since I had pneumonia maybe seven or eight years ago. It's usually my mum who convinces me to go.

Momiji
12-15-2008, 05:50 PM
I've been lucky this year to just feel sick for an extended period of time, without having anything debilitating like I normally get.

scrumpleberry
12-15-2008, 05:59 PM
I dislike going to see doctors. I hardly ever go. I haven't been in hospital since I was born.