PDA

View Full Version : Skills you didnt use

blackmage_nuke
12-16-2008, 04:15 AM
Title says it all.

I didnt use Morph because It never really seemed neccissary. Nor did I use Runic except for that battle with the drill thingy. I didnt really use sketch for fear of the sketch bug but i used control to try and get some lore's for Strago. I didnt really like slot's too much but I used gp rain quite abit until I figured out what it actually did.

Saber
12-16-2008, 05:52 AM
gru himself I hated all his skills

Wolf Kanno
12-16-2008, 06:07 AM
Runic/Runeblade is the only skill I honestly don't use too much. I try but I rarely remember I actually have it. I don't use Throw after the WoB and I exchange Steal for Mug and Sketch for Control. Beyond that, I actually use everyone's abilites.

Flying Mullet
12-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Other than the Tunnel Armor battle, the only other time I used Runic was when fighting Kefka in the snowfield at the end of the three scenario part of the game.

I've never been a big blue magic fan, so I never used Strago's Lores except for Aqua Rake in the burning house in Thamasa.

Since I'm not a big blue magic fan, I've never used Relm's Sketch or Control skills.

Morph I will use on the occasional boss fight or when leveling up in the Dinosaur Forest before I can dish out 9999 damage without morphing.

Dancing? Not worth the effort as he seems to trip and fall regularly. But for some reason I always find all of this Dances. xD

So there's a good chunk of them I don't use.

ljkkjlcm9
12-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Morph, Runic, Sketch or Control, Slot or GP rain, Steal(I use Mug), Lore, Throw, Rage...

Basically, I only use Swd Tech, Blitz, Tools, Mug... and sometimes Dance for Earth Blues which is amazing.

But my main party of Shadow as an Imp for super high evasion, which means Interceptor attacks a lot, Edgar, Sabin, Cyan. Back up characters are Relm for Magic, Mog for his Earth Blues, and Locke for 4x Mug.

THE JACKEL

Crossblades
12-16-2008, 04:45 PM
I never used Runic, Rage, and Steal/Mug. Everything else I would use though

Siegfried
12-16-2008, 11:27 PM
I align myself with most. I didnt really use runic except for the drill fight AND the Keffka fight cuz I always ended up putting Edgar by himself in that part. Ummm, I never use Gau so yeah. And after a while, Throw is unnecessary.

Snap Jumper
01-07-2009, 09:45 AM
I use Runic for the battles with Tunnel Armor, Kefka, and Dullahan. Outside of that, I don't use it at all. The others I don't use much, except Tools and Slots.

Del Murder
01-09-2009, 03:22 AM
Dancing? Not worth the effort as he seems to trip and fall regularly. But for some reason I always find all of this Dances. xD

If you use the dance for the area he's fighting in then he doesn't trip, but you probably know that.

I actually didn't use the Fight command all that much during my first times through. The abilities were so much more fun! I used them all.

Sephex
01-09-2009, 03:50 AM
Gau. I never used Gau. I know he's not a skill. I also name Umaro "Assrag" because that's what he is.

Flying Mullet
01-09-2009, 02:10 PM

If you use the dance for the area he's fighting in then he doesn't trip, but you probably know that.

I actually didn't use the Fight command all that much during my first times through. The abilities were so much more fun! I used them all.
Actually, I didn't know that.

Del Murder
01-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Wow I taught the FFVI master something!

Flying Mullet
01-09-2009, 10:14 PM
It's a secret to everybody.

Heath
01-09-2009, 11:46 PM
I never bothered with Morph either or Gau's Rages. I can see how they'd be useful, but I'm not a fan of being able to entirely control what's going on. Likewise with Mog's Dances, though I have less of a problem with them.

Setzer the Gambler
01-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Hmmm... Let's see...
It must be the 9999th time I finish this game, what was the difficulty I had imposed???

How about not using any skills at all... :)
Nope, none of them, didn't even bother using Gau this time.

I remember one time, I solo-ed the world of imbalance with only Shadow without using his throw command !! (that is as soon as I could get him)

trancekuja
01-15-2009, 01:53 PM
Sketch and Dance. I used Gau's Rages because it was really tough to collect them all , so it would be shame to let them go to waste.

Roogle
01-16-2009, 09:20 PM
I rarely use Rage and Sketch. I think that Sketch is far too random and situational to use in a standard battle, and that Relm has much better things to do with her turn than take a chance and hope that Sketch will do something beneficial.

arcanedude34
01-16-2009, 09:58 PM
Throughout the game the only abilities I really made use of were Steal (Mug) Tools and Blitz. Everything else seemed... I dunno... useless? Occasionally Slots, but that's only because Setzer (unfortunately) sucks stat-wise and slots is his main damage-doer in my file.

Kefka_Almighty
01-21-2009, 05:42 AM
Runic, Rage, Blue Magic, and Dance. I used most of the other skills fairly often though.

Del Murder
01-21-2009, 05:47 AM
I just now remembered that I never used Espers as summons, except Ragnarok to get items.

Wolf Kanno
01-21-2009, 06:09 AM
I used Golem, Fenrir, Phantom and Palidor most of the time. Phoenix was useless but I do use Alexander from time to time as he was an awesome summon and the only consistent all holy attack. I do like using Crusader for fun though...

The Turk
01-21-2009, 11:01 PM
Yeah besides Phantom I don't ever use the Espers as summons. I haven't ever used most of them, there isn't much need I found.

I only ever use Morph on boss fights and I haven't used Strago or Relm that much either. I used to use GP Rain a fair bit, but Slots is much more fun and doesn't cost any money. Also when using Swd Techs I usually stop at level 4.

Darkswordofchaos
01-28-2009, 01:22 AM
never used scetch worst skill ever:mad2:

Zechs
02-04-2009, 11:35 AM
Never used Lore or Sketch.

Captain Maxx Power
02-04-2009, 01:38 PM
Defend.

abrojtm
02-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Never really used Morph/Trance, Runic, Leap/Rage, Slots, Lore...

AwesomeGuy
02-06-2009, 06:59 AM
rage, lore, sketch/control, mimic, dance, throw, morph, defend, and item. In battle, anyway. I basically used the vanish/x-zone trick for EVERYTHING. Good times.

The Man
02-06-2009, 07:07 AM
I never used SwdTech, Slot, or Morph much. Apart from that I used pretty much everything.

The Unknown Guru
02-14-2009, 09:22 PM
I never use Sword Tech, or really Cyan at all. I tried Strago, but his Blue magic just isn't as disgustingly good as it is in other games. Also, for fear of the bug, I never Sketch, although I use Control quite a bit.

eestlinc
02-15-2009, 03:35 AM
I don't use most of the skills very often, but the only ones I never use are sketch, slot, and swdtech.

Rebellious Eagle
02-15-2009, 10:19 PM
I pretty much used every skill except for Gau's Rage. Heck, I don't think I even used Gau once.

Ultima Shadow
02-15-2009, 11:06 PM
During my normal playtrough, I never bothered with Gau and his Rage skill. However... in the FFVI low-level challenge I did, Gau and some of his Rage skills were absolutely godly... and in fact the only possible way to get past certain battles.

So... the skill I've used the least, probably has to be Sketch. That skill just never seems to be of any use.

nik0tine
02-15-2009, 11:31 PM
During my normal playtrough, I never bothered with Gau and his Rage skill. However... in the FFVI low-level challenge I did, Gau and some of his Rage skills were absolutely godly... and in fact the only possible way to get past certain battles.

So... the skill I've used the least, probably has to be Sketch. That skill just never seems to be of any use.