PDA

View Full Version : I'm A Fat Ass

Yar
12-16-2008, 06:08 AM
My mother baked some peanut-butter cookies with Hershey Kisses in them for me today. THEY'RE ALL GONE NOW I ATE THEM I ONE SITTING! So, I failed my diet today. :(

How often do you binge on junk foods? What junk foods do you binge on? When do you like to binge?

Jojee
12-16-2008, 06:18 AM
Oh, honey, it's okay. <3 I've been failing on my diet all through the past two weeks. It's more just a "healthy food in normal amounts" diet that I've been trying to impose since I've gained over 5 lbs at law school, but if anything I've made it worse the past couple weeks because finals stress is causing me to want to eat so much (and unhealthy stuff!), so I do it because I'm focusing on finals, not food choice. o_o In addition to that, I've gotten no exercise recently because I've had no time !_!

I've been binging on chocolate. Massive amounts of chocolate. And anything else I can find, hehe. Cookies are so good! ^o^ I'll work on dieting n' exercise after finals. ...Well, after finals and after my week straight of post-finals drinking >;3

Araciel
12-16-2008, 06:19 AM
I used to eat all fast food/junk food and pop and alcohol all the time... like massive amounts of hamburgers, pizza, chips, chocolate bars etc..

Now not so much.

Levian
12-16-2008, 06:29 AM
If I had snacks or cakes laying around I'd be too fat to hit just one key on the keyboard at a time. So I just buy small chocolates and cans instead of bottles. I know I'll eat/drink it all no matter how much there's in it anyway. :laugh:

LunarWeaver
12-16-2008, 06:31 AM
I became crazy and overboard particular when I was 16, and I haven't really eaten anything considered junk food since then. I like my weight at 120 for now, even though that's under for my height and gender, so that's exactly where I keep it. Oh well. Like I said, I'm overboard with it.

rubah
12-16-2008, 06:44 AM
potato chips are my nemesis, but I've been doing pretty good this week

Agrias
12-16-2008, 06:58 AM
I normally (meaning almost every week) pig out on sour cream and onion crispers...They're SO GOOD!!! Or tapioca pudding...Or nachos and salsa/cheese dip all warm and stuff.

mmmm.....

Rantz
12-16-2008, 11:03 AM
Anything within an arm's length. I'm always hungry!

Iceglow
12-16-2008, 11:57 AM
I work in pizza hut so as you can imagine I eat pizza pretty regularly, I try to keep it to a minimum...thankfully with the fact that I clear tables and have to see the disgusting state of pizza when it's been eaten and sometimes especially with little children choked on and spat back out again it's killing my appetite for pizza. Other than that I try to be healthy when possible. I know for example today my lunch is pretty unhealthy (I have a small plate of; potato pancakes with a small amount of margerine, ham, 2 mini scotch eggs and 2 bitesize sausage rolls) however I'm going to work this evening and in all likelyhood when I come home at 11pm or so I will not be eating food.

cloud_doll
12-16-2008, 12:47 PM
I just eat whatever I feel like eating. Most of the time that's mcdonald's chicken nuggets. And I bake a lot so I'm always eating sweets.

BUT, I love excersise so I never feel bad about eating junk foods.

Peegee
12-16-2008, 01:55 PM
I ate out very often in hong kong and I eat my full every time. Because I was exercising (walking uphill) almost all day, I felt physically drained and eating food helps as eating improves your mood, albeit unhealthily.

At my parents' place we have nothing but processed foods so I have been finding myself eating crap like fried chicken things (burgers, nuggets) rather than anything healthy. That's why eventually I freak out and need to leave and go back to my home, where I get home cooked meals whether I have to make it or not.

Force yourself to snack on fruits rather than junk. And for the love of God use portion control. You can eat junk food -- you just don't have to eat them all.

Finally I can't stress this enough -- don't feel guilty when you don't keep up your diet. I told you that you should be allowed one 'cheat day' a month.

squiike
12-16-2008, 02:23 PM
i kind of got an enlightenment not long about about chocolate. I dont know if any of you have eaten "Smash"? anyways, after eating alot of chocolate over time i realized that it actually made me fysical ill and was not worth it actually. so now i just like cakes, but i seldom find any that is good enought to buy, so i dont actually eat unhealthy stuff at all anymore. Exept rice cream that i recently discovered was good!

and:

Terry&#39;s Chocolate Orange - Google Bildesøk (http://images.google.no/images?hl=no&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla:nb-NO:official&hs=ufv&q=Terry%27s%20Chocolate%20Orange&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi)

but this stopped selling in my country 10 years ago, so i cant get a hold of it...probably for my best

Quindiana Jones
12-16-2008, 02:37 PM
12 mince pies. Oh God. I love mince pies so much.

Madame Adequate
12-16-2008, 02:40 PM
And for the love of God use portion control. You can eat junk food -- you just don't have to eat them all.

Christ. Most stuff I get isn't more than a mouthful. I'm often tempted to buy two or three of what I like, because otherwise it doesn't even feel like I've eaten anything. The idea of eating less than all of one is crazy :p

Rye
12-16-2008, 02:46 PM
I'm quite good with not eating snacks, except when I'm bored. Then god help me. I don't eat a lot at once, but I go between a lot of things and eat, a pickle there, a little handful of Cheez-its here, etc.

I get bored at home lately, so god help me. I lost 15 lbs at college. I'm terrified that I'm going to gain it all back.

Blue Harvest
12-16-2008, 03:06 PM
It's christmas. By the end of the year I'll need a crane to get out of the house. Bloody family buying too much food >.<

Peegee
12-16-2008, 03:09 PM
It's christmas. By the end of the year I'll need a crane to get out of the house. Bloody family buying too much food >.<

Portion control.

When I went to my first Christmas party last Saturday, I ate very little for dinner.

Psychotic
12-16-2008, 03:51 PM
I eat junk food whenever I'm hungry and it's there. I am still a skinny mothersmurfer. :cool:

Peegee
12-16-2008, 04:25 PM
I eat junk food whenever I'm hungry and it's there. I am still a skinny mothersmurfer. :cool:

But you're young and your metabolism is insane.

scrumpleberry
12-16-2008, 04:36 PM
He's obese on the inside. You'll have to get your cholesterol levels checked one day, and then...BAM! Healthy lifestyle imposure, motherfucker!

Psychotic
12-16-2008, 04:37 PM
It's okay, I'll just get the cholesterol lasered out of my body. I'm kind of counting on ridiculous advances in medical science to take place over the next 25 years.

kikimm
12-16-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm really good with not eating junk food. I don't buy any of that stuff, which is always a good start. :P But I am living with my family at the moment, and my two brothers are huge junk food eaters, and....doritos and hot cheetos are a couple of my weaknesses. I can't have them in the house or I'll go crazy. :| But yeah, besides that....I just don't have a taste for the stuff anymore, really.

But yeah, like PG said, when I do have those moments where I eat more of that stuff than I should, or whatever, I''m not gonna feel bad about it. :P It's not like I do it every day, or even every month, or meh. One day of overeating isn't gonna make me gain 20 pounds. :monster:

Montoya
12-16-2008, 05:39 PM
I binge on junk food whenever I have the opportunity and it's pretty often. In the night is when I end up eating the most.

The Last Oath
12-16-2008, 05:45 PM
I do a lot of excersise & always try hard to stay to a low crap food diet but KFC and maccas always gets me.:(

Madame Adequate
12-16-2008, 06:43 PM
It's okay, I'll just get the cholesterol lasered out of my body. I'm kind of counting on ridiculous advances in medical science to take place over the next 25 years.

Boy knows what up!

He's obese on the inside. You'll have to get your cholesterol levels checked one day, and then...BAM! Healthy lifestyle imposure, mothersmurfer!

Or just carry on in a similiar vein until death. At least I'll die happy!

Miriel
12-16-2008, 08:25 PM
With the amount of junk food I eat, it's a miracle that I'm not a 300 pound fattie.

I LOVE junk food. Chips, chocolate, cake, CUPCAKES, cookies, smoothies, ahhh... my dear dear friends.

I've haven't touched junk food in about 2 weeks though. Yay, me!

Depression Moon
12-16-2008, 10:40 PM
I still try to eat as often as I can. I don't believe in these diets and I'll start watching what I eat later when I'm living on my own. I can eat as much as I want without gaining wait, I once at 13 slices of pizza when I was 13 and as of late I probably ate about five helping of food at Thanksgiving and three big plates of the cheddar fry appetizer at Sticky Fingers which was about two weekends ago. Food is one of the greatest things on this planet right below video games, books, and movies.

Parker
12-16-2008, 10:59 PM
I eat a lot of bad food but remain skinny. Pretty sure my heart is dying though.

Rye
12-16-2008, 11:03 PM
With the amount of junk food I eat, it's a miracle that I'm not a 300 pound fattie.

I LOVE junk food. Chips, chocolate, cake, CUPCAKES, cookies, smoothies, ahhh... my dear dear friends.

Smoothies are junk food?!

I thought banana smoothies were good for you! This is the worst news EVER! ;_;

Marshall Banana
12-16-2008, 11:06 PM
Smoothies help people gain weight - don't they? =O

scrumpleberry
12-16-2008, 11:10 PM
Smoothies are packed with nutrition and fruity sugar, right? So, yeah, but they don't tend to have bad fats in. They're still good for you. It depends what you put in them as well.

Rye
12-16-2008, 11:12 PM
I mean, if you pack a lot of whipped cream, yogurt and milk, I'm sure they're bad. But I like to get fruit-based banana smoothies, just pure fruit, nothing else afaik. I don't really see them adding anything else to it besides ice! =O

Momiji
12-16-2008, 11:35 PM
I mean, if you pack a lot of whipped cream, yogurt and milk, I'm sure they're bad. But I like to get fruit-based banana smoothies, just pure fruit, nothing else afaik. I don't really see them adding anything else to it besides ice! =O

I always thought smoothies always had sugar and yogurt, or at least one of the two. o_O

Oh well, I've not had too many before. Either way, if it's just fruit and ice, I don't think you have much to worry about other than wondering why you're ruining a banana by grinding it up with ice and nothing else. xD

That being said, even if a smoothie's made with lowfat yogurt, it's still relatively good for you, in comparison to a big sugary milkshake. I prefer them to milkshakes anyway. :p

Jojee
12-16-2008, 11:38 PM
Oh man, speaking of milkshakes, McDonald's eggnog milkshakes... <i>so bad</i> yet <i>sooo</i> good. *.*

Miriel
12-17-2008, 01:15 AM

Well the smoothies I'm referring to are the ones from places like Jamba Juice or Robeks. Both those places use ice cream or sherbet in their smoothies and the regular sized ones are like 400 calories. In college, I had on right below my dorm and I would drink one everyday without realizing that those smoothies are meal replacement drinks rather than... you know, a drink to have WITH your regular meals. xD

If y'all have never tried smoothies with sherbet in it, you've never tasted a truly delicious smoothie. The ones with just ice and fruit are pretty bland in comparison and the consistency is totally different.

Saber
12-17-2008, 01:26 AM
I hate to say I've been a chip fan for a while now, like for the past couple months. I use to hate junk food but I started to say hey snacks are better then a whole meal.

Momiji
12-17-2008, 02:17 AM

Well the smoothies I'm referring to are the ones from places like Jamba Juice or Robeks. Both those places use ice cream or sherbet in their smoothies and the regular sized ones are like 400 calories. In college, I had on right below my dorm and I would drink one everyday without realizing that those smoothies are meal replacement drinks rather than... you know, a drink to have WITH your regular meals. xD

If y'all have never tried smoothies with sherbet in it, you've never tasted a truly delicious smoothie. The ones with just ice and fruit are pretty bland in comparison and the consistency is totally different.

Keeping that in mind, I should totally make a smoothie for breakfast in the morning. :D

Rye
12-17-2008, 02:19 AM
Mmmmm! That would be yummy. I think I have bananas, maybe I'll make one in the morning, and an egg white omlette for lunch. =O Yummy healthy meals. I make mean omlettes!

Momiji
12-17-2008, 02:21 AM
How do you make an omelette, anyway? Every time I try, I always end up tearing the egg and I settle for scrambled eggs.

Rye
12-17-2008, 02:32 AM
I usually follow recipes very steadfast online, but I made one slapdash today and it was probably the best one I ever made, so I'll give you my instructions!

(Keep in mind this is with egg white beaters. If you use eggs, put like, two eggs into a bowl, mix them, and then pour into a pan) Oh, and spray pan with non-stuck oily stuff (I forget what you call it xD)

:cake: Rye's Favorite Omelettes :cake:

:ichigo: Pour the egg whites in until it looks decently thick, but not too thick. It's a kind of eyeball thing, but usually it gives you TBSP equivalent of an egg on the back of the carton.

:ichigo: Put in spice. I like Mrs. Dash spice! Put as much as you feel is appropriate to your taste. I personally love things with flavor and spice, so I add quite a bit. xD

:ichigo: Put in half of your set amount of cheese. I like use grated mozzarella!

:ichigo: Put in half your set amount of bacon bits, if you choose. Or whatever meat you'd like.

:ichigo: Put in two biggish drops of milk. Glop glop, eyeball it. Not too much, not too little.

:ichigo: Now let it cook on the stove. Move the pan back in forth a little until it starts to really set in.

:ichigo: When it starts to get solid, but isn't 100% solid, put the remaining amounts of your ingredients.

:ichigo: Take your spatula and push along the sides of the omelets lightly so that they don't stick to the pan.

:ichigo: Wait until liquid stops running when you move the pot from side to side. This means it's just almost done! Flip half the omelette on top of the other half so half the pan is exposed. Then wait a bit longer, then take out! It's done! Yummy!

Omelettes are kind of a fun experimental thing for me. xD I don't think I ever make them quite the same each time, but that way definitely worked for me.

Miriel
12-17-2008, 02:39 AM
How do you make an omelette, anyway? Every time I try, I always end up tearing the egg and I settle for scrambled eggs.

Omelets are really easy!

Here's a Good Eats episode where Alton Brown demonstrates the techniques for good omelet making:

YouTube - Good Eats S7E3P2: The Egg Files VI - French Flop (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=24ShaXtp_OM)

Momiji
12-17-2008, 02:51 AM
Hm. I need to practice it a bit. That feta cheese and spinach omelet that Alton Brown was talking about sounds heavenly. Too bad I don't have any feta cheese or spinach. ;_;

Yar
12-17-2008, 03:34 AM
xD Alton Brown. My mom loves that guy. She wants to marry him.

I think he's really funny. He's fun to watch, and nice to listen to when I try to get to sleep. Zzz.

Marshall Banana
12-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Eggs always make me sick. =(

Loony BoB
12-17-2008, 12:58 PM
I can eat whatever I like, really - I'm having my second tuna pasta bake at the moment. I've been thin all my life. I don't even gain bulk in muscle, my muscles just get stronger... so yeah.

scrumpleberry
12-17-2008, 01:34 PM
You don't even need to put yoghurt and sugar in smoothies, just do fruit and water. It's still fairly delish and a lot less fattening.

Misfit
12-17-2008, 04:59 PM
This.

Bunny
12-17-2008, 05:02 PM
This.

This.

I once ate three hamburgers, one quesadilla, one burrito, a bag of chips and several hostess snack cakes in a single day. I lost five pounds.

Rye
12-17-2008, 05:15 PM
I hate people like you guys. I'll sit around for a day, not even eating much, and gain 5 lbs. My metabolism is a curse. xD

Miriel
12-17-2008, 06:42 PM
Seriously. Hate you skinny mothersmurfers who can eat whatever and not have consequences for it. Go away. :mad2:

Tama2
12-17-2008, 06:59 PM
No. It's not our fault we were born this way. ;_;

Cleric
12-17-2008, 07:40 PM
Peanut Butter kiss cookies are so good though!!!! My mom made some last weekend, but luckily I came down with strep throat and couldn't swallow, and couldn't eat them. I am such a sucker for ice cream though. I eat Ice Cream like year round

Shorty
12-17-2008, 07:53 PM
Blaaaaah. Back in April I was going through a pint of Ben and Jerry's every other day. (Comfort break-up food.)

When taking lunch breaks at work, I would always eat out. I work in a very populated area, and there's fast food restaurants on every corner. After a couple months of that, I noticed a difference. :(

Since then, I've actually went out and bought bread and avocados and turkey and salad stuff to put in the fridge at work. Cutting fast food out made a huge difference on the way I physically feel.