PDA

View Full Version : Major Internet Explorer Flaw

Crimson
12-16-2008, 01:44 PM
BBC NEWS | Technology | Serious security flaw found in IE (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7784908.stm)

Discuss.

blackmage_nuke
12-16-2008, 01:56 PM
Each click could be my last.

Værn
12-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Wait, hang on... how is this news?

Iceglow
12-16-2008, 02:52 PM
One of the worst things Microsoft ever developed was damn Active X controls. Enough said if we want to install something we can just download and install it whats the damn point of Active X since it just creates vunerability....oh wait it means people end up with bugs/viruses/spyware and microsoft recommend their good friend dr norton to help...norton never solved anything!

Momiji
12-16-2008, 02:58 PM
I've been trying to get my parents to download Firefox for a while now. Perhaps this will finally convince them, since they never believe me unless I have proof.

Ouch!
12-16-2008, 03:28 PM
I love how the bigwigs at Microsoft tell people "Wait, wait! Keep using our product despite its gaping vulnerability!"

Like previously mentioned, I fail to see how internet explorer's vulnerabilities are news. It's not like this is something of which we were unaware.

Værn
12-16-2008, 03:37 PM
It's not like this is something of which we were unaware.
Yeah... one of my friends forced advised me to start using Firefox because of IE's security flaws (among a few other things) a looooong time ago.
Had to have been at least two and a half years ago, because it was before I started going to FCCC.

Tama2
12-16-2008, 05:11 PM
I switched to a different browser over the fact of IE's security problems.

o_O
12-16-2008, 07:45 PM
I love how the bigwigs at Microsoft tell people "Wait, wait! Keep using our product despite its gaping vulnerability!"

Lol, yeah, this. How can they honestly not recommend switching to another browser in spite of the fact that you can get a trojan by simply visiting a web page? It seems to me that since the days of Netscape and Firebird, Microsoft have been playing catch-up in the quest for secure internet browsing.

Markus. D
12-16-2008, 09:31 PM
It's always been like that, I was seriously laughing at the news reporter thinking... "This isn't new...?"