PDA

View Full Version : Characters who summon lots of mobile things at once.

Markus. D
12-17-2008, 05:49 AM
I'd like to try and play some of these games... so I've found:

Alice Margatroid from Scarlet Weather Rhapsody - She can bring up a bunch of dolls to act as both a meatshield and a tool of destruction.

Olimar from Super Smash Brothers Brawl - He pulls up plants from the ground, using them as a catalyst for most of his attacks, the longer they live the more they grow... turning into pretty flowers.

Catherine from Granado Espada - She can use Tool Boxes to construct many mini-replicas of her family members, acting much like they do as hostile foes, leveling ALONG with Catherine.

MM From Guild Wars - Using Elites to based around raising flesh mutants from dead things, different types include: Corpseless Raising, Recycling into stronger at death, Powering up at the cost of own health or raising a mutated giant one...

Templer/Shillian Knights (Might have one name wrong..) from Lineage II - Powering themselves up by summoning up to three cubes that randomly activate, charging at an enemy and inflicting whatever the effect.

Shadow Summoner from Diablo II: Median - The most sexiest summoner ever imo... summoning a wall of Shadow Demons and stuff to tear through the Median worlds.

Minion Master from DII:LoD - It's pretty self explanetory... you raise things from corpses. Most people choose to invest in the higher-quality Golems from that certain skill tree.

Hammerdin from DII:LoD - Conjures a bunch of flying hammers that uhhh, deal stupid amounts of damage.

Druid Summoner from DII:LoD - Can summon many pretty animals that patrol along with him.

Engineer from Hellgate: London - Summons both protective and offensive robots to fight alongside him/her.

Cabalist (I think?) from Hellgate: London - Summons lots of demons to demolish your city zombies, it's beautiful, but slow and tedious to accomplish.

I want more games with stuff like this (No Card games unless they're absolutely amazingly wonderful), so if you could please pleasure me (and tell me any I've missed from the already mentioned games?).

Shoeberto
12-17-2008, 06:07 AM
Gonna be honest, I have no idea what most of those acronyms you said stand for.

Generally a necromancer in any game does this, though.

Markus. D
12-19-2008, 12:02 PM
Aw.

No one likes mass summoners?

Zappa was awesome.

Værn
12-19-2008, 12:36 PM
No one likes mass summoners?
As much as I love letting minions do my work for me, you've already named off everything I can think of :(
I'd add King Dedede to the list, but he only summons one thing at a time... except for his final smash, in which case Pit could also be added.

SNOOZER
12-19-2008, 01:46 PM
If you still have your PS2 handy Chaos Legion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_Legion) would be right up your alley. It's basically Devil May Cry (it is also made by capcom) but you can summon demons and fight with them along your side, freaking badass! Seriously there is nothing like having your main character just do his idle animation and have your minions tear the crap out of the enemy AI. I really wish they would have followed up with this game but, oh well, what are you gonna do? Tried to look for some cool game play videos for you for the summons that the main character had but all I ended up finding are a bunch of music videos of the damn cut scenes. Anyway it's definitely something you should check out.