PDA

View Full Version : 2009 games

Depression Moon
12-17-2008, 05:18 PM
So what remakes or ports are Square Enix making next year that would hold off their time to getting XIII complete? I heard that there's supposed to be a VI remake to the DS. Last year had the unnecessary FFIV DS and Infinite Undiscovery.

Wolf Kanno
12-17-2008, 06:52 PM
FFIV DS is smurfing awesome so you hush...

A VI remake is just a fan rumor so I wouldn't be betting on it. Besides, FFV it technically the next installment due for a remake anyway. As for the topic, It will basically be Dissidia being released for the States and PAL regions, FFVII:AC Complete (with XIII demo included), Parasite Eve: The Third Birthday and possibly that new title that SE's 1st Division made after The World Ends With You. Oh, and of course Star Ocean 2 for the PSP and Star Ocean 4 for the PS3 and 360.

Personally, I don't mind if XIII stays in production limbo forever, it looks generic to me.

Jessweeee♪
12-17-2008, 07:16 PM
Square doesn't need to worry itself, Gyakuten Kenji and the Trace Memory sequel will hold me over for a couple of years.

LunarWeaver
12-17-2008, 08:58 PM
Parasite Eve: The Third Birthday.

Mmmmm.

Personally, I don't mind if XIII stays in production limbo forever, it looks generic to me.

Your face is generic :aimmad: No, I kid, you're a good fellow. But XIII will still be glorious I tell you. Final Fantasy arguments are the pinnacle of time well spent.

Depression Moon
12-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Star Ocean 2 and 4? FFVII AC they can scrap those games to focus more on XIII. I know FFVII AC Special Edition is supposed to be packed with the XIII demo, but the movie wasn't good enough for them to be bringing it back out and I bet Nomura thinks he could've done better on it and I would have to agree.

As for my comment on FFIV DS wolf kanno, I was sort of against it because it wasn't that long ago when the GBA port came out and some of these old ports might taste even better if they wait a couple of more years before putting them out like DQIV. BTW did DQIX come out this year?

Wolf Kanno
12-18-2008, 06:23 AM
I get what you mean DM, but it was head and shoulders better than the GBA port. I don't care for AC Complete either, cause frankly it was a poor and cheesy film to begin with. The demo intrigues me cause we can finally get some real info about the title since SE feels that every other form of medium isn't good enough. :rolleyes2 Star Ocean 2 port for the PSP ant the new Star Ocean 4 are supposed to be released next year I believe. Or at least they are suppose to be released before XIII.

As for Noctiluca, I'm on the side that says no. XIII doesn't look special to me and it lacks a "wow" factor for me. It just seems like too many other games I've seen before (funny enough, from SE themselves). I still have high hopes for the combat system but I certainly have no interest in its plot or characters.

Bolivar
01-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Dragon Quest IV DS was awesome, I'm currently at the last leg of the storyline, and it's an amazing experience I almost can't bring myself to complete. So I'm definately waiting for DQ V DS and possibly VI if it comes out next year as well. The fact that it's a trilogy has my extra excited.

Tama2
01-12-2009, 10:17 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-square-enix/122544-new-vp-game.html

Jessweeee♪
01-12-2009, 11:07 PM
...you know I heard something forever ago about Square doing a visual novel murder mystery thing where you hold the DS like a book which made me think of Hotel Dusk. What's the deal with that?

Bastian
01-14-2009, 04:40 AM
First of all: FFIV DS is AMAZING and so far oppoiste from "pointless" I can't even think where to begin on this one. First of all, it took my absolute favorite FF game and brought it into the new century with good voice acting, 3D graphics, improved music, improved cut scenes . . . it just made a nearly perfect game all the more perfect.

As for FFXIII, I'm not remotely interested in it.

As for other upcoming Squeenix games I AM interested in: Blood of Bahamut looks AMAZING. FF:CC:Echoes of Time looks promising. I was sorely disappointed with FF:CC:Ring of Fates for completely removing all story and plot and character from the multiplayer version making it boooooooooooring and pointless. However, the word on the street is that Squeenix learned the error of their ways and didn't do that this time.