PDA

View Full Version : And The Malfuctions Continues...

TyphoonThaReapa
12-17-2008, 09:15 PM
A'yo, seriously guys, I don't know why people are putting on with this (http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/microsoft-faces-new-xbox-360-reliability-accusations/1274293). It's like endorsing failure. But hey, we all have our choices I suppose so. It's whatever. I know I'm never buying an X-Box in this particular Gaming Generation.

Flying Mullet
12-17-2008, 09:34 PM
Johnson filed his suit after his console scratched three store-bought game discs, and is seeking $50,000 in punitive damages.
This is what saddens me with the legal system these days. If he had three game discs scratched, he should seek the cost of replacing those games, I'll over-estimate and say $200.

LunarWeaver
12-17-2008, 09:41 PM
I read this earlier today. Quite silly. I'm thinking of shoving off my refurbished 360 and just getting a Playstation 3.

Mulley, the extra money is for emotional and psychological damage of course!

Flying Mullet
12-17-2008, 09:48 PM
I recommend he try dating then.

Dreddz
12-17-2008, 10:37 PM
This isn't that big a deal to be honest. If you moved your PS2 while the disc was spinning it would also scratch the disc. Same with the Saturn. I think people are trying too hard to find problems with the 360's hardware at this point.

I'm not making excuses on Microsoft's part however. RROD is still about which shows an extreme lack of respect for Microsoft's customers. They have made three different models of the 360 and all have RROD. At least Sony sorted out the PS2's DRE problem on its second model.

Depression Moon
12-17-2008, 11:07 PM
I recommend he try dating then.
Come on what's $50,000 to Microsoft, a dime? Hell I would do that to if I know that I have a good chance of getting it.

Markus. D
12-18-2008, 04:13 AM
Fine, miss out on some extremely fun games.

It's okay, we can forgive you next year when the PS4 and Xbox 1280 McTwist arrive in stores :3! With a red SPHERE of death!

;D! I have no idea if I'm trolling or anti-trolling, or either.

I love my 360 regardless, best choice I've made in gaming for quite the time.

I definetly understand though, my friend went without a 360 for an entire month (due to RROD), he was... extremely annoying.

TyphoonThaReapa
12-18-2008, 06:03 PM

It's okay, we can forgive you next year when the PS4 and Xbox 1280 McTwist arrive in stores :3! With a red SPHERE of death!

I definetly understand though, my friend went without a 360 for an entire month (due to RROD), he was... extremely annoying.

Listen, if you hadn't notice, the gaming different between the X-Box 360, PS3 and even the Wii is becoming less and less obvious thanks to Thrid Party Software Creators and the growing in number choices of going multi platform. Okay, the X-Box 360 is in fact getting more game than either system and that much I can acknowleage. But this topic is not about software, it's about hardware. And right now I feel as your the gamer is spend too much money over the years over a product that is getting more and more reports of faulty hardware. And to and insult to injury, Microsoft knew of these problem before it even hit the market and refuse to correct them with a few simple steps. And not to mention it's been three years since the release and coustomers are getting the same old same old.

Once again, I can understand if people use there ability to make their own decisions and buy the X-Box 360. But known of you can't deny the truth of the matter which is not just underminding the costomers, the entire Gaming Industry. Sorry, but that's the way I see it.

LunarWeaver
12-18-2008, 06:12 PM
I'm really happy with my 360 and all, but as Typhoon has said, the lines between it and the Ps3 are blurry these days. Most games that I want are for both anymore. It's true the Ps3 didn't have many games at first, but those days have long since passed. I'd rather just have a system that has a good track record at this point. Imma traitor!

Del Murder
12-18-2008, 07:10 PM
Punitive damages are not for pain and suffering, they are meant as a punishment to the corporation to act as a deterrent to further illegal or malicious behavior.

If you saved millions by cutting corners in production to make cheap but sometimes defective products, are you going to be scared off that by $200 replacement of parts lawsuits? If you think $50,000 is nothing to Microsoft, imagine what $200 is.

That being said, this is in particular is pretty silly. Why would you be moving your console around while the disk is still in it?

Jessweeee♪
12-18-2008, 07:16 PM
My brother's had a game or two damaged 'cause of this :(

Flying Mullet
12-18-2008, 07:41 PM
Are punitive damages awarded to the plaintiff? If so, I think it would be better if they were given to some non-profit or some such.

Levian
12-18-2008, 07:43 PM
Regardless of the malfunctioning, I could never buy an Xbox 360. I just don't like the majority of the games on that console. The only title that comes to mind that was long exclusive for Xbox that I wanted was Condemned, but I think that's out for PS now too. Basically the very few games I want are also on the PS3, Plus I can play PS2 games on it, which is very important to me.

I almost bought the old Xbox though, as it had a big hardrive and I could chip it and put lots of old SNES games on it. :D

The controllers for 360 are pretty sweet though, especially the L and R buttons. I could get used to that pretty quick. The PS3 L and R button are pretty annoying as they'll get pushed in when I put the controller on a table, messing things up.

Markus. D
12-18-2008, 09:40 PM

Listen, if you hadn't notice, the gaming different between the X-Box 360, PS3 and even the Wii is becoming less and less obvious thanks to Thrid Party Software Creators and the growing in number choices of going multi platform. Okay, the X-Box 360 is in fact getting more game than either system and that much I can acknowleage. But this topic is not about software, it's about hardware. And right now I feel as your the gamer is spend too much money over the years over a product that is getting more and more reports of faulty hardware. And to and insult to injury, Microsoft knew of these problem before it even hit the market and refuse to correct them with a few simple steps. And not to mention it's been three years since the release and coustomers are getting the same old same old.

Once again, I can understand if people use there ability to make their own decisions and buy the X-Box 360. But known of you can't deny the truth of the matter which is not just underminding the costomers, the entire Gaming Industry. Sorry, but that's the way I see it.

That's kewl.

Because I agree alot.

Vyk
12-19-2008, 02:02 AM
I think people moving their system around while a disk is spinning deserve to have their games ruined. Like monetary shock therapy for the Darwin-deficient