PDA

View Full Version : No fight or skills 'challenge'

Gerad
12-18-2008, 01:18 AM
My first time through FFX it got to a point where I could pretty easily defeat everything by just using fight or quick hits. I remembered Lulu being pretty powerful at the start of the game and thought it would be somewhat of a challenge to play the game without using 'Fight' or 'Skill', since all (?) of the skills are simply a fight command plus a status. I had a save at kilika where I started this challenge (it seemed pointless to start earlier than besaid).

I played the game through the final battles and won, but the sad (?) thing about this challenge is that I was unable to do anything with the monster arena since without the 'Fight' command you can't capture. That made the goals pretty slim, and the celestial weapons unneccesary.

I sent Lulu, Yuna, Tidus, and Auron through most of their own grid to start with, and once I could I moved Wakka, Kimahri and Rikku into Lulu's area. They were always behind her in magic ability, but some spells were super helpful for anyone once they were available: Bio and Demi. (Example: casting bio or demi on a bomb doesn't count as one of the '3 hits', so you can just let them attack themselves to death.)

There are ways to uncover some of the AP trick items by using bribe so I used it to customize some Overdrive-AP items for about 300,000 gil each. Getting triple AP or triple overdrive would have costed millions, so I didn't go there.

It was a pretty fun game, and different from watching the powerhouses destroy everything in sight while the girls mostly watch. If anyone has questions about how I beat parts of it I can try to remember, but it's certainly not as hard as NSG I'm sure. I'm looking at a new way to tweak my sphere grid use to try the game again from a new angle. I have read about NSG but I don't really want to go that route. Any suggestions?

Saber
12-18-2008, 01:46 AM
Seems like a decent challenge, good job.

Markus. D
12-18-2008, 04:20 AM
Totally go that route.