PDA

View Full Version : How often do you dream?

Nominus Experse
12-18-2008, 11:01 PM
This thread is about dreams, specifically how often you experience them.

I <3 Mods

Rye
12-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Very often. When I sleep for a long time, I have a lot of dreams, very sporadic ones that shift often!

qwertysaur
12-18-2008, 11:08 PM
you dream every night, only you forget those that are not in REM sleep. If you didn't, you would hallucinate when a conscious REM phase hit.

qwertysaur
12-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Then the question is how often do you dream during REM cycles?

About 5/7 times a week for me :p

scrumpleberry
12-18-2008, 11:12 PM
I dream less than once a week. I used to have nightmares when I was young, but not much any more. It always seems to be when I get a decent amount of sleep after long periods of not sleeping properly, and when I have a lot on my mind.

rubah
12-18-2008, 11:13 PM
I dream more when I sleep better. I didn't sleep very well last year but i've been sleeping a lot better this year so I've remembered a lot more of my dreams.

I had a dream this morning that was very long and involved, but I didn't remember it until just now when my uncle came over.

My dream involved me and the Joker driving around Russellville late at night and we stopped at a kroger to get some doughnuts and my uncle was working the cash register there, which is why seeing him prompted my memory xD

There was a lot more to it.

Usually I don't have nightmares a lot anymore, at least, not the terrifying ones I've had, but I have dreams that disturb or fill me with disquiet more often than that.

blackmage_nuke
12-18-2008, 11:16 PM
I dream almost every time I fall asleep, however the nightmare begins when I wake up.

Lawr
12-19-2008, 12:10 AM
Can't remember the last time I've had a nightmare, and I barely remember my dreams. All I know is that they consist of happy feelings that you can't achieve in the real world. I dunno it's weird.

Tama2
12-19-2008, 12:11 AM
I remember them about twice a week. They are usually very insane and awesome.

Iceglow
12-19-2008, 01:37 AM
I've got an extremely active imagination in my waking hours and when I fall asleep it seems to go in to complete and utter overdrive and leaves me having many many dreams, most are what normal people would consider nightmares however for me it's just a dream. Apparently a lot of people have tell tall gives which allow them to conciously realise they are dreaming such as:

When I'm dreaming if I jump as in a running leap I can perform a matrix like leap which actually makes my stomach flutter with anticipation, unfortunately I don't always seem too good at controlling the landings of these dream jumps and remember once in a very vivid dream involving my real life friends and family and current real life events I leapt straight in to the front of the store I worked at, right in to a metal beam :embarassed: I knew I was dreaming but I still felt really stupid because of it.

I'm curious does anyone else have anything like this in their dreams when they need to try and realize they're dreaming or not?

Momiji
12-19-2008, 01:43 AM
Before this summer, I used to dream frequently, and even some were those freaky 'lucid dreams' too. However, since I've only been going to bed only when I just can't stay awake any longer instead of having a set bedtime, I'm generally too tired to remember my dreams. I usually remember 1-2 a week nowadays. I have nightmares approximately 50% of the time.

Meat Puppet
12-19-2008, 02:09 AM
I keep having these dreams about Budd Dwyer

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-19-2008, 03:35 AM
I rarely remember my dreams. :/

Jessweeee♪
12-19-2008, 03:39 AM
For the first time this week I had a dream and I wasn't in it.

Depression Moon
12-19-2008, 08:08 PM
I dream quite often, a few times per week and my dreams might be the most bizarre out there. Some of my dreams predict the future as well. I write down some of my dreams and two of them actaully happened in real life. One was about the Ice grotto in DQVIII, I dreamed about the part where the icicles fell and the other was about the Leviathan level in FFXII. I dreamed of these things three years prior to when I actually played them. That's a bit weird.

demondude
12-19-2008, 08:12 PM
The only dream I actually remember was a nightmare from when I was like ... seven.

Vermachtnis
12-19-2008, 08:54 PM
I dream like twice a night. At least one a week is a nightmare. But I prefer the scary ones, at least they make no sense constantly. However, the more realistic my dreams are the weirder they are when a cat shows up that spits out money.

Shiny
12-19-2008, 09:01 PM
I once had a dream that Teletubbies attacked me, which is why I'm glad that most of my dreams are not nightmares.

Momiji
12-19-2008, 09:06 PM
I had a weird dream last night where all I remember is that the buttons on my coat fell off.

Jessweeee♪
12-19-2008, 09:17 PM
A couple of days ago I dreamed that I was back in this tiny town of 800 people I went to elementary school in, and I was like, OMG I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU ALL IN FOREVER! I recognized all of my class mates as teenagers like myself, but they still looked like they did in the sixth grade. Then I was like "Oh hey wait, were are those other two guys?" and they were like "They're dead..."

It was very sad :(

...even though all those people hated me anyway >.>

Araciel
12-19-2008, 09:33 PM
Every night, but I get fully restful sleep so I barely ever remember any... I'd say once every two or three weeks I'll remember a dream.

rubah
12-19-2008, 10:06 PM
I pretty much had three dreams this morning!

I dreamed I was working at Pop's Choclit Shoppe (archie comics) because I had used to work there and he needed someone to watch over for a few hours until my friend's shift started xD

I dreamed I sprinkled some acid on my fingers and toes and bit them off so all I had was nubs! It hurt a lot (both the acid and the amputation) but it turned out okay, but I had to walk funny

My third dream was that I was visiting this guy in prison xD

Jiro
12-20-2008, 03:22 PM
I dream fairly often, and most of them contain unpleasant things. They aren't overly nightmares, but I normally wake up feeling sad, angry, annoyed or worried. I am normally fairly aware that I am dreaming, though the experiences are so vivid I tend to forget.

I remember a dream from last week where a friend of mine and myself were running down a street going somewhere awesome. I shouted at him, "I know this is a dream, I just hope I don't wake up yet." Shortly after that my alarm went off and I never saw whatever it was that was so awesome. Funnily enough, he had a similar dream that same night (which is funny, because he's having a really bad case of insomnia and it was the only night in 5 weeks he's got more than 3 hours sleep). :D

Breine
12-21-2008, 06:54 AM
These days I dream a lot. Much more than I usually do. It's those darn malaria tablets (doxycyclin) I guess. They f**k up my mind and give me very weird dreams.

E.g. I had a dream with Rye in it, where she had long platinum blond hair and was flirting with my best friend xD

Peegee
12-21-2008, 07:48 AM
I dream every night, obviously. I just might not remember them.

Kes
12-21-2008, 07:53 AM
I dream almost every time I fall asleep, and sometimes the dreams are seriously disturbing. But even in the dreams where I die, I wouldn't consider them nightmares in the traditional sense; I haven't had one of those in years.

I wish I remembered them better.

Cz
12-21-2008, 12:12 PM
I remember my dreams most nights, and sometime recall two or three. Nightmares are very rare for me. I have dreams where bad things happen, but I can only recall maybe five or six dreams where I've actually been terrified.

Last night was a bad dream. I was told that I was going to be sent to prison for seven or eight years. A police officer or some other official was talking me through what was going to happen, and I felt completely hopeless. I don't know what the crime was, but I remember thinking that I was guilty. Oddly, when I woke up in the morning the first thing I thought was "Thank god I wasn't caught!" rather than "Thank god I'm not a criminal!" :p

boris no no
12-21-2008, 05:41 PM
I dream everytime I fall asleep, but I have a weird type of insomnia that means I don't go into REM sleep very much ^^

Red Fox In Disguise
12-21-2008, 05:45 PM
I seem to dream about nazi's quite a lot, i don't really want to know what that says about me as a person. :p

stalpho slayer
12-21-2008, 08:08 PM
1-3 times a week wich pretty much sux