PDA

View Full Version : CMS recommendations

The Man
12-19-2008, 03:56 AM
I'm looking to set up an easy way for large numbers of people to contribute to a database of reviews of a wide variety of media, such as films, books, games, and music. Ideally I'd like the database to be fully searchable via a variety of means; for example, with music you'd be able to search by artist, by genre, by rating, and so on. Multiple people could review the material, and ideally, people could then review the reviews.

so basically a giant amazon.com, except we wouldn't be selling anything. Also, ideally it would integrate nicely with vBulletin, maybe even to the point where people wouldn't even need to register new accounts for the site software, and where new reviews could automatically get posted as new threads.

Anyway, does anyone know of any CMS that could fulfil all these requirements? It seems like a long shot, I know. If there's none I might just commission a friend to write some, though that would carry its own problems.

XxSephirothxX
12-19-2008, 05:49 AM
Isn't Drupal really customizable? I think you can do a lot with it. I think pretty much any CMS you use will take a lot of modification to do what you're looking for, though.

Samuraid
12-19-2008, 06:10 AM
+1 vote for Drupal. Out of the box, it will need some customization. But you can do a lot with the available modules (views, cck, etc.) Surely there's a module or code mod that allows vBulletin integration.

The Man
12-19-2008, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the recommendations, both of you. Other people have mentioned Drupal as well so I'll probably set that up on my next day off and play around with it some.