PDA

View Full Version : Nobodies may seem to have feelings, but this is a ruse

blackmage_nuke
12-20-2008, 12:40 PM
"They only pretend to have hearts. You must not be deceived!"

Anyway i find the statement hard to believe, (but i thought yen sid was a shifty character to begin with anyway) Maybe Im just one of the ones who has been deceived but i find it hard to think that nobodies dont have emotions, particularly with cases such as Axel or Roxas. Besides how could anyone possibly know if they have feelings or not unless they were a nobody?

Do you think nobodies have feelings?

Tavrobel
12-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Axel and Roxas are the exceptions, not the rule. By definition, they can't have real emotions, because they don't have Hearts. They, can of course, show anger or rage, because these are not emotions that require thought or involvement. Even mindless drones can be angered when pushed against.

They're terribly good actors, but the marked shifts in personality when you hit too close to home do signify that they don't have such feelings. It's more likely that they are going by the memories of their times as people to emulate their emotions than actually having them.

Rye
12-20-2008, 07:39 PM
I always felt like they did. After all, the Tinman in the Wizard of Oz didn't have a heart!

LunarWeaver
12-20-2008, 09:35 PM
Axel's love for Roxas is real! Nothing Tavrobel says will destroy my denial.

qwertysaur
12-20-2008, 10:27 PM
While nobodies do not have feelings, they do have memories of having them. Perhaps they are trying to replicate those feelings in order to fill their void.

blackmage_nuke
12-21-2008, 01:32 AM
I can accept that nobodies have the ability to not have emotions if they choose not to but i cant seem to grasp the fact that they cant feel emotion even if they wanted to. Some replicate the emotions to fill the void but isnt the fact that they are going to this effort a sign of fear or worry that they may not exist?

They remind me of the replicants from blade runner

unjust
06-26-2010, 05:08 AM
hmm but they do exist while being nothing in itself so i think tht makes them capable of producing something like feelings but i do not know if it would be the exact emotion since in the end all they have are memories of what they used to be

blackmage_nuke
06-26-2010, 08:49 AM
Shouldnt bump old threads. I just posted to say even though this thread is over a year old I still feel the same way. Especially after playing 358/2 Days (havent finished it so no spoilers)

And I still think Yen Sid was being an arse

Rodarian
06-27-2010, 02:42 PM
The only time an Organization nobody showed their true void was the Sitar one...His fake emotion was immediately transformed to something sinister.

Rye
06-28-2010, 06:12 AM
Please don't revive threads older than 3 months.