PDA

View Full Version : When I Grow Up...

Jiro
12-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Good people of EoFF, what do you want to be when you grow up? Those of you who are grown up, what did you want to be and are you now?

When I was a small child, I always wanted to grow up to be a hero. Some really cool knight or something that always saved the day and scored the princess.

Later on I decided I wanted to create that hero, by working for a games developer. I gave up on that due to my lack of talent in that area :p

Nowadays I'm unsure what I wish to be, though I'm fairly set on taking a course in International Business at university. Though I wouldn't mind something in Journalism or even trying to make it as an Author.

I should probably mention my possible career in athletics too, though I'm undecided on how far I really want to pursue that at the moment.

And you?

rubah
12-20-2008, 06:26 PM
an astronaut!

Rye
12-20-2008, 06:29 PM
I've wanted to be an ice skater, scientist, doctor, a singer, and music teacher.

Right now, I'm in the process of becoming a High School English teacher.

I'm planning on trying to minor in Psychology, because Psychotherapy has always been an interest of mine. I'm planning on doing my Masters in Psychology~

I'd also like to dabble in make-up art. I've always adored make-up artists. I also wish I was in fashion.

Vermachtnis
12-20-2008, 06:32 PM
I don't wanna grow up.

Momiji
12-20-2008, 06:40 PM
I've always wanted to be a doctor, but then I realized I'm too squeamish when it comes to being responsible for people's lives.

Instead I'm going to be a Psychologist. I want to understand the complexities of the human mind and apply what I've learned to helping people, be it psychotherapy or simply solving everyday problems in peoples' lives. Also, as much as I dislike kids, I've been fascinated in child psychology for a while now. I'm 100% positive that this is what I want to do with my life. I'm not going to be indecisive anymore.

That being said, I'd love to own and run an arcade. xD

chaos_ghost
12-20-2008, 06:41 PM
I wanna write pretty stories about bears and werewolves!!

Shorty
12-20-2008, 06:43 PM
I wanted to be an archaeologist until I found out it was nothing like Tomb Raider or Indiana Jones adventures.

I'm getting ready to apply for college, and I don't have an exact profession in mind. I'd like to work in a hospital and help people or become a professor. Those are the most realistic options.

Aerith's Knight
12-20-2008, 06:51 PM
Doctor, then I found out I was afraid of needles.

Zeldy
12-20-2008, 06:55 PM
Something English or Sociology based, maybe teaching one of those subjects, or being a journalist, whatever; I'm pretty open minded really!

Madame Adequate
12-20-2008, 07:35 PM
ASTROMAUT!

Moon Rabbits
12-20-2008, 09:23 PM
One day I'll grow up and be a beautiful womaaaaaan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo_xQtwAmKw&feature=related)

Or a unicorn.

Tavrobel
12-20-2008, 09:30 PM
When I was a child I wanted to blow stuff up.

I chose a very bad profession in Engineering. See, because if something blows up, that means you did it wrong.

LunarWeaver
12-20-2008, 09:47 PM
I wanted to be an assassin. I wanted to snipe people :lol: Then I realized in real life it's not so glorious. I'll stick to games where I can safely shoot people in the face. Mmm. Then later I wanted to be Britney Spears. It was quite a turnaround.

Peegee
12-20-2008, 09:49 PM
I wanted to be a policeman or fire fighter when I was a child. Which are interesting aspirations seeing as I likely did not even see a firetruck (fire car in chinese) until I was in Canada.

Right now I want to be retired.

Jiro
12-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Retired Billionaire sounds like a good profession for you PG :D

Peegee
12-20-2008, 10:05 PM

I honestly have no use for anything more than, let's presume 4% interest rate per year.

So

I have no use for more than 1 million dollars (not per year, just to have). Maybe 1.5, but that's really pushing it.

Red Fox In Disguise
12-20-2008, 10:11 PM
In an ideal world I would quite like to be a rich spinster with many pet cats, just really to hear the weird and wonderful tales people would tell about me...

.... but no, seriously, i want to be a psychologist, i'm doing the first year year of my degree in psycholgy now. I think its rather wonderful, also we have a lecturer who used to be a man, which makes it even better. (i'm not sure what that last sentance says about my character, but hey ho hum pigs bum) I'd quite like to be a clinical psychologist when i think about it.

Cortez
12-20-2008, 10:15 PM
When I was a kid I wanted to be a palaeontologist xD I liked dinosaurs very much, so did a lot of little kids. Now I'm studying international relations (and I'm going take financial studies next year), so maybe I will be an embassador or a diplomat in Japan. Oh yeah, these are nice dreams... If I cannot fulfill this kind of dream, I will work for a multinational company or a bank as a financial manager (but this would be quite boring IMO >_>)

Shoeberto
12-20-2008, 10:29 PM
I guess I'd like to be able to take my ideas and put them into existence through forms of media, either film or video game form.

scrumpleberry
12-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Hmm, let's see...Ballerina, author, adventurarrrrrrrrrr, moviefilm actress, artiste, chemist of some sort, psychologist, investment banker, sucessful golddigger - all more or less in order.

Guess how many of those I'd still love to be right now x)

Jiro
12-20-2008, 11:46 PM

I honestly have no use for anything more than, let's presume 4% interest rate per year.

So

I have no use for more than 1 million dollars (not per year, just to have). Maybe 1.5, but that's really pushing it.

Yeah, but with billions you can help out basically everyone you know! :cool: