PDA

View Full Version : Stocking Stuffer

Rye
12-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Santa stuffed my stocking really good! I see it BULGING. :bigsmile:

But I daren't peek inside!

What did you get for others as their stocking stuffers? I got my brother an iTunes card, and I got my Mom a mix-CD of all her favorite music (Janis Joplin, Stevie Nicks, Eric Clapton, etc), and a Finding Nemo set of ornaments, because she loves ornaments. I still dunno what to get my Dad. I think I'm gonna get him a Starbucks gift card.

Oh, and I put coal in all of their stockings~

Freya
12-20-2008, 07:58 PM
We use to do stockings, not so much anymore. I think I'll get my niece some stuff though. Prolly candy or something since she's little. ^_^

rubah
12-20-2008, 08:02 PM
since my sister and I were born close to Christmas, we both still have our stockings from the hospital, at least I think that's where they're from, my brother doesn't have one anyways!

stocking stuffers are usually batteries, gift cards, fruit/nuts, etc They're never filled until christmas morning though because I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation!

I found a lump of coal last night and I told dad he should put it in his own stocking. ;DD

Iceglow
12-20-2008, 11:42 PM
My christmas stockings are arriving a little late this year however when they do arrive they'll be full of sexy woman and there won't be much else to them I think ;)

scrumpleberry
12-20-2008, 11:47 PM
A stocking is no stocking without a tangerine in the bottom ;)

Araciel
12-21-2008, 01:00 AM
My family does a secret santa thing but my immediate family exchanges gifts via stockings. We have these five foot long stockings that hang on the wall until Christmas eve, at which time we fill them with all the gifts. It's awesome. This year I'm getting each person some generic stuff (candy/chocolate, booze, etc) and one unique gift each....But I can't say who's getting what :P

chaos_ghost
12-21-2008, 05:23 AM
My family doesn't do stockings. Hell, we barely do a tree. Christmas just isn't that big to us I think.

Kes
12-21-2008, 06:28 AM
Thanks for the reminder! My mother goes all out on the rest of us every year and then there's hers and it's sort of sorry looking and empty, I need to do that shopping tomorrow. Not that I have any idea what to get her.

Caraliz
12-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Man, I wish we had stockings. xD

Growing up, I was so jealous of all of my friends who had "typical" family traditions and I felt like a big weirdo. Being Polish means that we get to have "Wigilia" and a Christmas Eve celebration instead of that big Christmas morning thing. I don't even think we do anything at all for Christmas Day.

Cz
12-21-2008, 11:57 AM
My family has decided that we're too old for stockings now, so no stuffing this year. Christmas won't be the same without the satsuma. :(

scrumpleberry
12-21-2008, 11:59 AM
My family has decided that we're too old for stockings now, so no stuffing this year. Christmas won't be the same without the satsuma. :(

Do some for them, make them feel bad!

Cz
12-21-2008, 12:01 PM
Do some for them, make them feel bad! It's what Christmas is all about! :greenie:

blackmage_nuke
12-21-2008, 12:50 PM
I thought presents usually went under the tree. Are you saying you people get two sets of presents or is this just a cultural difference?

scrumpleberry
12-21-2008, 01:07 PM
Stockings are full of tiny presents and delicious things to tide you over on christmas morning when your parents are hung over from christmas eve/being lazy.

Garnie
12-21-2008, 01:39 PM
i always do Christmas traditionally. me and jay both have stockings but there are only two presents in jays stockings and a clementine. i have a clementine but no presents in my stocking yet.:(
however i always do the Christmas dinner now. and i do it all from scratch. i may post a picture of the turkey when iv done on Christmas day.

boris no no
12-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Chocolate coins :3

rubah
12-21-2008, 06:05 PM
I thought presents usually went under the tree. Are you saying you people get two sets of presents or is this just a cultural difference?

The story goes that you hang stockings by the fireplace so that when Santa comes, he will see them hanging there and put things in it, presumably because he doesn't have time to wrap presents. Plus, they look colorful hanging up on the mantle, all red and white! (or recently, other colors) There are still presents under the tree, but anything from santa will mysteriously appear on Christmas morning, and any child worth his or her salt will have memorized every package that was under the tree and exclaim in glee at there being new ones.

(of course stockings are also good for perishables or items too small to wrap easily, or batteries. who wants to open a present and find batteries I mean wtf)

Necronopticous
12-21-2008, 06:07 PM
A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer.

rubah
12-21-2008, 06:25 PM
<a href="http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/06/17/canada.feet/index.html">I always wondered about you, necro</a>

demondude
12-21-2008, 07:38 PM
The stocking gets filled with wrapped presents on Christmas Eve. It will be so tempting. =3