PDA

View Full Version : Balls to da face!

Freya
12-20-2008, 08:14 PM
Snowmen, Snowball fights, Christmas lights, Christmas trees ^_^ All fun things in this cold time. Yeah I know winter doesn't start till tomorrow but it feels like winter! What do you like about winter?

I love sledding. You're going down the hill so fast with the wind blowing your hair about.

Snow men are fun too! When you build them with friends or family and it turns into a snowball fight it just makes for good times all around.

And then Christmas light! Oh I love those. My family use to drive around and just look at peoples houses with all the pretty lights ^_^

I love the christmasy smells too :3

BUT one thing I love doing above all the rest. When the side walk freezes over and I slide to everywhere I need to go. I think i'm an ice skater. :jess:

So what do you like about winter?

Shorty
12-20-2008, 08:52 PM
When I lived in Utah, we would drive down Osmond lane and check out the ridiculous Christmas decorations. Bruce Bastian had some pretty amazing decorations, too.

I'm sad to say that I no longer live in a state where it snows! I miss walking home from from school with my sisters and fighting to sit in front of the fireplace while my dad made hot chocolate.

Goldenboko
12-20-2008, 09:43 PM
Winter is when we make money. Winter is win.

Peegee
12-20-2008, 09:57 PM
I'm not trying to piss on the thread, but I detest winter. It's cold, and I have to preemptively shovel the drive way or I can't get out (and we lost our shovel while I was gone), and did I mention the cold?

But to be honest, the outside looks so beautiful and sometimes I want to go out and just find somewhere I can sit to look at it all. Then I snap out of my insanity and hide at home.

I'm a fan of Tobogganing and I don't mind skiing. I love to ice skate.

Big D
12-20-2008, 10:54 PM
It's times like these that I gloat about living in the southern hemisphere. Christmas, for us, includes barbecues and trips to the beach.

scrumpleberry
12-20-2008, 11:18 PM
Sledding :bigsmile: and making snowmen and sitting looking at the prettiness.

Zeldy
12-21-2008, 12:40 AM
Winter = Christmas. That's.. about it. Everything else sucks, it's dark when I leave in a morning and dark when I come home, where's the fun in that? :p

Araciel
12-21-2008, 12:58 AM
It ends.

Yar
12-21-2008, 01:01 AM
I am disappointed by this thread. :mad2:

The best part of winter is New Years Eve. Smurf Christmas. If I could somehow steal it, I would.
:mad2::mad2::mad2:

Miriel
12-21-2008, 03:37 AM
I love wearing cute boots and coats and mittens and scarves. I love presents. I love hot chocolate. Holiday wise, I love New Years more than Christmas cause that's when I get to have yummy New Years dumpling soup.

I love the title of this thread! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v451/Emoticons01/Mine__s_Bigger__P_by_Zikes.gif

Rye
12-21-2008, 03:41 AM
Word up on the scarves and boots. Makes me sad putting them away. :jess:

I like Christmas music. I like having an excuse to smile at people more than usual!

Yar
12-21-2008, 11:31 AM
Another reason I hate winter is today's forecast. High 19°F Low 3°F. Winds of 22mph, which is recipe for a hella bad windchill.

Cz
12-21-2008, 11:49 AM
I like snow, but we don't get it very often, even in winter. Not all of us live in the Siberian wilderness, you know.

Christmas spirit is great. When you've got time off work and you're lounging around in front of your newly decorated tree, snacks in one hand and glass of port in the other, listening to an old LP of Carols from King's...there aren't many occasions that allow you to be so content.

Winter is also birthday season in my family, so that means presents and cake and good times.

blackmage_nuke
12-21-2008, 11:49 AM
No flies :)

escobert
12-21-2008, 12:00 PM
I do love the snow and the quietness of winter. but I hate the dry air :(!

cloud_doll
12-22-2008, 10:28 PM
It doesn't snow here, in face during decemeber it mostly stays in the 70s. BUT, I love the christmas tree most of all =D
But I hate winter cuz I always get sick. Like right now. Boo!!

Jessweeee♪
12-22-2008, 11:22 PM
hahaha, when I lived in Illinois, our babysitter's kids would pour water on their stairs so they had a slide made of ice and snow going all the way to the street and we'd sled on it xD

Now I just leave comments on my family's myspace profiles saying HAW HAW I'M WARM AND YOU AREN'T

Momiji
12-23-2008, 01:03 AM
I wish I had an excuse to pelt random people with snowballs.

Værn
12-23-2008, 03:03 AM
I'd like to start a snowball fight, but all of the snow here is covered with a thick sheet of ice. It's solid enough that I can walk over it; it supports my weight real horrorshow, and I don't even leave footprints :D
No way we're going to be able to manage a snowball fight here, but throwing sharp ice shards at people isn't entirely out of the question.

Blue Harvest
12-23-2008, 11:06 AM
Winter = Christmas. That's.. about it. Everything else sucks

This. It's not been very cold this year so it doesn't even seem christmassy.

Shiny
12-24-2008, 01:39 AM
Snow tubing!