PDA

View Full Version : Traveling, traveling~

Rye
12-20-2008, 08:24 PM
When I study abroad this fall, I'm gonna travel around Europe with the boy! I've been planning the places I desire to go to. It gives me the strength to work extra this summer (last summer I only worked 9-5 4 days a week - I'm gonna have to up the ante this summer to get the money I want. I plan to make $6000-7000 this summer so I can travel plenty.) This is a list of the places on the top of my list: :jess:

1) Prague, Czech Republic
(Oh my god... oh my god. It looks like the loveliest place. Ever.)

2) Florence, Italy
(Didn't have the chance to go last time, and I've been dying to see more of Tuscany. I might want to visit Bologna again too, it was amazing to see where my Italian half of family grew up)

3) Munich, Germany
(Oh my GOD.)

4) Copenhagen, Denmark
(Scandinavia is too beautiful.)

5) Belfast, Northern Ireland
(Granny visiting! And Dublin too.)

7) Paris, France
(Obv, though a smaller place in Paris that's cute and cobblestony would be nice)

8) Switzerland
(Obv.)

9) Oslo, Norway
(See 4)

10) Vienna, Austria
(I've always wanted to visit Austria)

---

What are places you plan on traveling to in the near future? =O Also, suggest some other nice European places!

Freya
12-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Munich is fun ^_^ very clean. If you're going to Switzerland, try Luzern. Urm also if you're in Germany go check out Neuschwanstein Castle. It was what Walt Disney based his castle after.

Honestly I'd like to go to Canada sometime soon :D Maybe aggravate some Canadian EoFFers while I'm up there ^_^

Psychotic
12-20-2008, 08:36 PM
When I went to Switzerland, I found it to be really beautiful just inside the French border.

Most of the places I'd like to visit are all in North America! Las Vegas, Hawaii, NYC, and San Fransisco, although I'm going to the last one on that list in 10 days' time and it is going to be great. I'm not especially keen on Europe, but somewhere northern like Scandinavia/Czech Republic/Austria sounds pleasant.

Shorty
12-20-2008, 08:43 PM
1. UK - Daniel's incessant harassing is forcing me to put this as #1. Also, I need to adventure with Dan and Jimes, and several other people over there that I need to meet.

2. France - I've always wanted to visit France. I've built it up to something more marvelous than it probably is. I have a feeling that if I go there, I'll never want to leave.

3. Netherlands/that north area up there where the weirdos live - there are several friends up there I need to visit as well.

4. Other European countries including but not limited to: Italy, Spain, Greece, etc. - just for the sake of visiting them.

If I were to travel overseas, I'd have to do the whole thing. Also, possibly Iceland and New Zealand.

Marshall Banana
12-20-2008, 08:46 PM
Well, next summer I'll visit Jeremy in California again (and maybe go to Disneyland again).

Eventually I'll go to Disneyworld in Florida. I wish I could stay in the Cinderella suite there!

Rye
12-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Perhaps, you should visit New York, Monda-chan. I'll show you the happiest place on earth. :bigsmile:

And no, I don't mean Central Park... ;DDDDD

Psychotic
12-20-2008, 09:04 PM
If I were to travel overseas, I'd have to do the whole thing. Also, possibly Iceland and New Zealand.Oh yeah, Iceland and New Zealand are both definitely places I'd love to see.

Madame Adequate
12-20-2008, 09:05 PM
I'm not going anytime soon, but I'd really love to visit China. Anywhere in China, really. I'm like a Chinaboo.

Miriel
12-20-2008, 09:05 PM
New Zealand - Boyfriend and I are going next year. We're gonna go zorbing and hunt down Hobbits.

Barcelona, Spain - I just saw Vicky Christina Barcelona and I don't think i've ever seen a city more beautiful than Barcelona. From what I saw in the movie, the city is exquisite.

Italy, France, Thailand, Japan, they're all places I want to visit. But New Zealand and Barcelona are on my mind right now. Barcelona especially cause I've really been craving paella lately.

Rye
12-20-2008, 09:06 PM
I'd like to visit Russia, if I could guarantee I wouldn't be kidnapped or something. :snowman:

Marshall Banana
12-20-2008, 09:07 PM
Perhaps, you should visit New York, Monda-chan. I'll show you the happiest place on earth. :bigsmile:

And no, I don't mean Central Park... ;DDDDD
I do want to visit New York City!

Peegee
12-20-2008, 10:09 PM
If I can keep up this ridiculous working schedule, I can travel anywhere I want and if I need to, stay at a hotel there too.

List of places I want to travel:

- Where you live (this goes to the people who know who they are)
- Baffin Island
- Yukon Territories

rubah
12-20-2008, 10:10 PM
well, I've made it to the UK and France, so I guess canada and some tropical islands and Rome would be my list.

Shoeberto
12-20-2008, 10:15 PM
I'd like to visit Japan and see the sights. It seems like there'd be a lot of good tourist-y spots. There's a program through school that would take me around a lot of them if I can get into it/get the moneys for it.

Can't really think of too many other places. Long Island, I suppose, so I can chill with my friend and his girlfriend and have them show me the stuffs. I had sorta planned on going over the summer, but I had no job or extra money to spend to get there at the time.

Jings
12-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Barcelona is lovely, probably the best city I've been to on the continent so far It really should be on your list, how can you just ignore Spain like that?! Paris is really nice too!

I notice you haven't mentioned any GB cities either so I'm going to say you should give Edinburgh a visit. Extremely picturesque with lots to see, although the weather can spoil it a lot of the time.

Apparently places like Croatia and Serbia are full of beautiful towns and cities too, maybe you should consider going a little further east than the Czech Republic?

LunarWeaver
12-20-2008, 10:16 PM
I'd only want to go to Florida to visit my cowboy. If I was adventurous, I'd also go to Sweden and visit Rantzien. I have no real desire to travel honestly :-/ I'm a very boring individual. Traveling from my room to the bathroom is all the excitement I need.

Cortez
12-20-2008, 10:18 PM
Rye: I recommend you Hungary (capital city: Budapest), too. It has very very nice parts, and foreign visitors like it, too. So if you go to Prague, you should also take a look at Budapest (they are not far away from each other).

My wishlist: Japan, China, New Zeland and the USA :)

Krelian
12-20-2008, 10:28 PM
How about Köln (Cologne, Germany) to try some Kölsch Beer :p
I think you should include Spain in your list of countries. It's very nice there. I've only been to some smaller town or village called Vinaroz (I think... spelling?). I forgot the next big town nearby, though :(

In the near future? I don't know, if "the next couple of years" are within that timespan I would go back to Malaysia again. It's such a beautiful country <3

Generally I want to visit:

China (Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, ...)
Indonesia (Yogyakarta, Bali)
Thailand (Bangkok, ...)
Japan (Tokyo, Kyoto, ...)
Canada (I dunno any specific places yet, just want to go there XD)
USA (LA, New York, Hawaii, ...)
UK (for some reason I've never been there)

Rye
12-20-2008, 10:31 PM
I'd like to visit Japan and see the sights. It seems like there'd be a lot of good tourist-y spots. There's a program through school that would take me around a lot of them if I can get into it/get the moneys for it.

Can't really think of too many other places. Long Island, I suppose, so I can chill with my friend and his girlfriend and have them show me the stuffs. I had sorta planned on going over the summer, but I had no job or extra money to spend to get there at the time.

There's nothing to do on Long Island, unless you like to go fishing and clamming, unfortunately. xD

Ummm... I guess there's the Amityville Horror House. If you do visit that area of the LI, then I might have to find you. It's kind of boring though too, it looks like every other house in the area.

Shorty
12-20-2008, 10:34 PM
Jess, I want to visit you and Huxley!

Ohh, also Shay/Eric in Pennsylvania and Logan in California.

Rye
12-20-2008, 10:37 PM
Please do! I wish you were coming to the UK in October instead of August, I won't be able to see you there in BoB land then. ;;

Shoeberto
12-20-2008, 10:46 PM

There's nothing to do on Long Island, unless you like to go fishing and clamming, unfortunately. xD

Ummm... I guess there's the Amityville Horror House. If you do visit that area of the LI, then I might have to find you. It's kind of boring though too, it looks like every other house in the area.

Well, like I said, it's mostly to visit a really good old friend of mine. I didn't realize the Amityville Horror house was there, though. I heard they remodeled it extensively to get rid of the association with the movie since regular people live there now. (not to mention that the whole thing was basically a money-making hoax)

scrumpleberry
12-20-2008, 10:50 PM
Uh, nowhere anywhere soon D: There's so many places I'd love to go, my list would just be basically 75% of the world.

Big D
12-20-2008, 10:52 PM
If I save well this year, I might realistically have the funds to visit Europe, the UK or the US. It'd be a fun way to spend some leave, and something I've long hoped to do.

Shorty
12-20-2008, 11:15 PM
Please do! I wish you were coming to the UK in October instead of August, I won't be able to see you there in BoB land then. ;;

You're going in October?

Rye
12-20-2008, 11:34 PM

Well, like I said, it's mostly to visit a really good old friend of mine. I didn't realize the Amityville Horror house was there, though. I heard they remodeled it extensively to get rid of the association with the movie since regular people live there now. (not to mention that the whole thing was basically a money-making hoax)

Yup! It looks as well kept as every other house in the area. There's still always cops around it on Halloween, to protect the family living in it.

And Long Island can be quite pretty in the summer if you go out east to the woodier area!

You're going in October?

Yeah, late September/early October! <3

Tama2
12-21-2008, 01:29 AM
I would love to go to Denmark!

You lucky girl you. : [

Kirobaito
12-21-2008, 02:21 AM
It's a requirement that I suggest Edinburgh since I just got back from living there for three months.

Also, someone else already said so, but Lucerne, Lucerne, Lucerne. Heaven on Earth, if such a place exists.

I would like to next visit Spain.

Breine
12-21-2008, 06:47 AM
I'm not going anytime soon, but I'd really love to visit China. Anywhere in China, really. I'm like a Chinaboo.

China is very easy to travel in, and fairly cheap as well. Plus, they have great hostels almost all over the place, so accomodation is never really a problem. You should go. China is pretty awesome.

I like that you have Copenhagen on your list, Rye. Without sounding too biased it really is a lovely city. Especially in the summertime.
Also, Prague is wonderful too. Been there three times now, and still want to go back some day.

As for myself going traveling.. well, I am traveling at the moment for those of you who didn't know. So far I've been to China, Nepal and India and I still have Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Japan and the US (San Francisco, then cross country and up the east side to New York) to go.

After this trip I still have loads of places I want to go. I really want to travel more in Japan, since we're only gonna spend one week there on this journey. I also want to go interrailing in Europe, travel more in the US, go Down Under and to South America as well.. and that's just to get started, really. I wanna see it all, dammit! Christ, all that money I'm gonna need, and with this long of a list I'm not gonna go to uni in a good while I guess xD

We'll see how it turns out, though.

Big D
12-21-2008, 07:04 AM
I'm like a Chinaboo.Sinophile, if you wanna get technical :p

Rantz
12-21-2008, 10:39 AM
I want to visit Iceland. I obviously want to visit lots of other places as well, but Iceland is pretty much #1 on the list.

I'm going to Barcelona with the family in February though, I have a cousin who lives there temporarily so we'll have free accommodation. We're taking the train there! I love trains.

Denmark
12-21-2008, 11:06 AM

Allow me to quote this, but make it seem as if I wrote it myself. Also add the fact that I have visited Shay/Eric in Pennsylvania but I want to go to their new apartment.

I need to go to Southern California, so I can point out stereotypes. I haven't been there since I was 3, so I need a refresher course. More generally, I need to roadtrip across the country and back again.

I need to go to somewhere in South America. I'm not sure where.

I need to go everywhere in Europe. Especially Denmark, Germany, Switzerland and Great Britain (minus Wales). Also Moscow.

I need to go to Egypt.

I need to go to New Zealand and Australia.

I need to go somewhere in Asia. Perhaps Dubai. Perhaps Japan.

I need to stay away from war zones, though.

scrumpleberry
12-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Wales is pretty cool, there's nowt wrong with it :(

Caraliz
12-21-2008, 11:40 AM
I want to go almost everywhere in the world, eventually. I want to see everything.

I was fortunate enough to be able to travel a lot when I was younger. But I definitely didn't want to at the time. :p

If I were to go somewhere fairly soon though, I'd probably end up starting small and going to Poland. There are a lot of things I want to see there that I didn't appreciate in my younger age. And besides, I have famfams I wanna visit! And probably work on my shoddy Polish. I've been getting so much worse at it since I moved out.

Yar
12-21-2008, 11:50 AM
It would probably have to be somewhere out of the country; I can count all the continental states that I haven't visited on one hand. My mom likes to travel a lot.

Maybe visit some Canadian cities. I've been to Ontario a couple of times, but I still haven't seen Toronto. Germany would also be pretty sweet to visit. Australia as well, I want to exhibit your backward flushing toilets!

squiike
12-21-2008, 01:42 PM
9) Oslo, Norway
(See 4)

im from norway, and yes it is a beautiful country. But Oslo is not. I know american students that comes from a part of usa that got more norwegians than Norway do(since many emigrated in poor times) And that part of america is more norwegian than oslo is. Oslo is just like any other big town. If you bother to travel a bit i would recommend Trondheim or Tromsø who both is quite big cities. Bergen and stryn is also nice. Do some research and call the ambassad maybe?
or ask me =P

good trip

Madame Adequate
12-21-2008, 01:58 PM

It's full of Welsh people, for a start.

Shorty
12-22-2008, 12:59 AM

Allow me to quote this, but make it seem as if I wrote it myself. Also add the fact that I have visited Shay/Eric in Pennsylvania but I want to go to their new apartment.

You can't just take things I say and make them your own!

We should go stereotyping together in California.

Shiny
12-22-2008, 01:30 AM

It's full of Welsh people, for a start.
And sheep sex.

Places I'd like to go:

Italy. Particularly Rome, Florence, Venice, and Milan.
Montreal
England
Moscow
Munich
Barcelona
Budapest

I've had the opportunity to go to Spain and England in the past, but just didn't have the money or time for it. :(

~sohappytobesushiholic~
12-22-2008, 05:14 AM
New Zealand - Boyfriend and I are going next year. We're gonna go zorbing and hunt down Hobbits.

Yay i live on the same road where the first zorb was created! it's still there!~

lol an EOFFer will be on MY road!

i really would like to travel to South Korea again! really not many people go there and its actually really picturesque in parts and has fantastic shopping

and also of course europe

i would suggest you travel to Croatia (esp Dubronik) and Romania
also Greece(you missed out Greece!)

Denmark
12-22-2008, 06:12 AM

Too many extraneous consonants. I'm not fond of w's.

Sarah I'll pick you up on my roadtrip on my way out and we'll go stereotyping and visit Logan. K? K.

Shorty
12-22-2008, 07:53 AM
There are other people in California, too!

Denmark
12-22-2008, 08:11 AM
But none that you mentioned by name!

Yeah there are a ton of people in California. I may have to visit there someday.

scrumpleberry
12-22-2008, 01:47 PM
People going to Italy:

Milan. DO IT. IT'S THE BEST :bigsmile:

Levian
12-22-2008, 03:17 PM
I'm obsessed with islands, so:

Cape Verde
Azores
Jersey
Tahiti
Fiji