PDA

View Full Version : Food Television

Yar
12-20-2008, 10:38 PM
I have a love/hate relationship with it.

I love it because it's food! And it's fun to watch people making food. The food also looks delicious!

I hate it because every time I watch it, I'm always STARVING so it's like "haha! Look what I'm making but you can't have it!" Which makes me respond with "curse you, Alton Brown! *shakes fist*"

I like to watch Good Eats. Alton Brown is hilarious, so I watch it for its comedic value, as well. I occaisionally watch Iron Chef, and Paula Dean is nice to watch at nap time. :)

Miriel
12-20-2008, 11:05 PM
Food Network isn't what it used to be. I used to watch it a LOT, but not so much these days. I hated it when they gave Mario Batali the boot. He was the very best Chef that Food Network had to offer. =/

"They don’t need me. They have decided they are mass market and they are going after the Wal-Mart crowd.” - Batali

I think it's true that they've dumbed it down over the past few months. They're trying to bank on the success of Rachel Ray by filling up their schedule with cooks rather than chefs. Don't get me wrong, I love 30 minute meals. But still, a nice balance between real culinary shows and the "down home" shows would be nice. My favorite show on Food Network now is Diners Drive Ins and Dives and that's because I love seeing individually operated restaurants thriving in a fast food/chain restaurant world and that exists in places I could potentially visit one day. I'm particularly fond of Alton Brown and is geeky food scientist ways. Recipe wise, Barefoot Contessa, Tyler Florence and Giada De Laurentiis have the best ones.

Top Chef on Bravo is by far the best cooking show on Television.

Momiji
12-20-2008, 11:27 PM
I like watching the Food Network; it's one of the few channels I'll watch these days!

I don't really care what's on, I just like looking at all of the food. *_*

blackmage_nuke
12-20-2008, 11:43 PM
Im not a fan of cooking shows because they are either absolutely ridiculus and the food looks pretty bad or it makes me feel like im starving, then again the same thing happens with those chocolate comercials where they show it in liquid form.

Momiji
12-21-2008, 12:43 AM
Oh, and I don't like that lady who puts butter on everything. I feel my arteries clogging just when watching her.

Depression Moon
12-21-2008, 12:55 AM
Oh yeah I watch fod programs all the time. You watch Good Eats, every one knows it's all about The Secret Life of.. Unwrapped, Diners, Drives, and Dives, and Emeril Live. I also like to watch G. Garvin on TV1. My brother met him one time. Yeah the food sometimes makes you real hungry, but you can avoid that by eating something while you're watching it. I love to watch stuff like the Secret Life of and Unwrapped to find out about the history of foods and with triple D, it informs you about the best places in the country to eat.