PDA

View Full Version : TREX

Mystik_Ninja
12-21-2008, 05:03 PM
Many people know about(and have encountered) WarMech in the game. But I was wondering how many have taken the time to also fight TREX?

I am speaking about the NES version of the game only, as it may not exist in other versions.

Saber
12-21-2008, 06:35 PM
where can he be found?

sir helix
12-22-2008, 05:38 AM
never herd of it

Mystik_Ninja
12-22-2008, 02:43 PM
Here's a link to Unne's enemy sprites if you want to see TREX...

Final Fantasy Classic :: NES :: Sprites (http://www.ffclassic.net/nes/sprites/enemies/)

TREX can be found in the desert with the Mirage Tower.

The encounter rate is the same as that of Warmech(1:255) and the sprite looks like a blue TYRO.

12-23-2008, 04:56 AM
I know I've fought in before but I never knew it was supposed to be rare.

black orb
12-23-2008, 07:04 PM
>>> Looks like the Iron Golem is even more rare, I have played ff1 lots of times but I never encountered one.

Martyr
12-27-2008, 06:07 PM
T-Rex seems less rare because we spend more time navigating the Mirage Desert (It may have a different name, but I don't recall it) than we do the Wind Room of the ToF.

Both encounters are ridiculously rare, and I have discovered that they have correlating rare encounters in other parts of the world (though nobody mentions them because those rare encounters are simply oddly formed enemy parties that we slay along with the rest without a thought. The best example I know is a party of scorpions in Elfland or a 2 Ogre/Green ogre party in the plains near the elfland town (not in the forests near Elfland or the area by the Marsh Cave).

If you fight 255 battles near elfland, chances are fair (not nearly certain) you'll find those scorps or ogres (but you won't fight THAT many battles).
Same for the Desert and T Rex.
You'll probably get into about 6-8 random encounters in the Wind Temple of the ToF. Chances of seeing a Iron Gol: Laughable.

theundeadhero
01-14-2009, 05:55 AM
I've hunted down TREX and IronGols before.

Sharpe
11-23-2009, 08:43 AM
T-Rex seems less rare because we spend more time navigating the Mirage Desert (It may have a different name, but I don't recall it) than we do the Wind Room of the ToF.

Both encounters are ridiculously rare, and I have discovered that they have correlating rare encounters in other parts of the world (though nobody mentions them because those rare encounters are simply oddly formed enemy parties that we slay along with the rest without a thought. The best example I know is a party of scorpions in Elfland or a 2 Ogre/Green ogre party in the plains near the elfland town (not in the forests near Elfland or the area by the Marsh Cave).

If you fight 255 battles near elfland, chances are fair (not nearly certain) you'll find those scorps or ogres (but you won't fight THAT many battles).
Same for the Desert and T Rex.
You'll probably get into about 6-8 random encounters in the Wind Temple of the ToF. Chances of seeing a Iron Gol: Laughable.My first reply or activity since 2006! :)

I saw that 2 Ogre/Green ogre party and KNEW it had to be super rare. :)

Flying Mullet
11-23-2009, 01:42 PM
I'm pretty sure I've run into T-Rex in the northwest part of the forest where you land your airship when going down to Lefein.