PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding tips for battles in FF7

Pancakes
12-21-2008, 10:56 PM
Hey guys, I'm here just to ask if its possible to beat the game without having to rely on leveling like FF8 where you can just play with the junctions and beat the game even at level 7?
Or do you have to grind levels to beat FF7? I would appreciate any battle tips as well, thanks ^^;

Saber
12-22-2008, 12:31 AM
no there are some parts where you gotta grind. here's some tips, if you have a bac attack hit L1 and R1 to turn around before you get hit from behind. getting hit from behind means double damage. machines are weak against Bolt so it causes a lot of damage when lightning stikes them.

Wolf Kanno
12-22-2008, 12:40 AM
You do have to level but Materia and Limit Break levels are more important in my opinion. Its actually kinda easy to level in VII. Leveling the materia is when it gets a little tedious but then again you don't need all of them maxed out. Master Materia is more of a hardcore challenge than a practical endeavor.

For me personally, I stop using magic about the time I pass Nibelheim. You should have about two Enemy Skill materia's by then and once you acquire the Tiny Bronco, you can travel and acquire 2/3 of the Blue magic in the game. Trine and Beta are generally stronger and cheaper than Level 3 spells. Once the second disc starts, the game starts handing you powerful materia.

Added Affect + Contain materia in your weapon will eliminate most threats and shorten battles. Always steal from ShinRa troops including SOLDIER. They tend to carry decnt armor and weapon upgrades.

FFIX Choco Boy
12-23-2008, 01:04 PM
Yeah, you've gotta level in this game, but even 98-99 is a fast track, I got all my chars to 99 and it was easy, did it in about 5 days of grinding, only about 3 hours each day.

leader of mortals
12-23-2008, 05:37 PM
You really have to level in this game, but go ahead and do it while you are training materia and levels. It's a lot better and more satisfying if you do two things at once.

Levian
12-23-2008, 07:03 PM
I only spent time leveling before a few boss fights. Other than that there's not much need to grind if you still want a challenge.

leader of mortals
12-24-2008, 08:15 PM
I only spent time leveling before a few boss fights. Other than that there's not much need to grind if you still want a challenge.

Yeah for the most part in this game just going through the story is good enough to level you.

Crimson
12-24-2008, 10:31 PM
Enemy Skill Materia

nuff said.