PDA

View Full Version : Polo..ticks

Freya
12-22-2008, 02:26 AM
Politics are one if not THE major part of each Final Fantasy Story. Every story has some dramatic world ending kinda thing were nations get involved.

MY QUESTION, do you think there is any possible way that you could make a final fantasy that didn't revolve around politics? If so what would it be?

Also reflect on FF's politics :D

I really can't think of a world wide event that wouldn't involve nations and such.

My Fav FF is IX and well that one is teeming with politics. One nation is trying to get their jewel back so then they use that as an excuse to attack another nation while one more nation is all wtf? And then they get attacked too! World domination using politics :D

arcanedude34
12-22-2008, 02:52 AM
Final Fantasy I, III (for the most part), and V didn't deal with politics.

Freya
12-22-2008, 02:55 AM

SURE THEY DID :D

Hey we need you light warriors to save our lands :D That's political right there :p SOO they were under some kind of oppression from someone that need their lands, their nations, saved.

Wolf Kanno
12-22-2008, 03:24 AM
I'm not sure if you can truly say that about I and III. Yes the Light Warriors helped a few cities and an occasional town or two but at the same time, they were not that detrimental to the plot. They were means to an end. You only help the Elves cause you need the damn item from the prince, so you can finally get on with the real quest.

The other games had warring nations and large political conspiracies. While III does have some of these as well, I don't feel as though saving these kingdoms were major factors in the story in comparison to other games. These kingdoms could easily be changed to small towns, or tribes or family and it would not weaken their impact on the story in any major way. Granted, politics are pretty weak and straight forward in most of the FFs.

LunarWeaver
12-22-2008, 11:28 PM
I'd like to see a break from politics and the worldwide scale. Not saying you can't travel the world, but I don't want to constantly save it. I don't know how, though. The original ideas are too much pressure, get them away!

Or maybe they should let you be the evil empire. I've always wanted to be Darth Sidious :nerd: AND LEKANA SHALL BE MY QUEEN.

Wolf Kanno
12-23-2008, 07:16 PM
I'd like to see a break from politics and the worldwide scale. Not saying you can't travel the world, but I don't want to constantly save it. I don't know how, though. The original ideas are too much pressure, get them away!

Or maybe they should let you be the evil empire. I've always wanted to be Darth Sidious :nerd: AND LEKANA SHALL BE MY QUEEN.

XII did this though...

LunarWeaver
12-23-2008, 07:28 PM
You mean not save the world part? Well, it was headed there. If the Empire was left unchecked without getting Larsa on the throne, I imagine things would get pretty http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifty after a while. Maaaybe. His way of doing things weren't the best, despite his intentions. But it was quite different all the same. It was a refreshing break.

But I want to be Vayne, not Ashe and company. Except more evil, not so ambiguous. And I want Larsa to perish in a sad scene. I am a bad person.

black orb
12-23-2008, 08:22 PM

SURE THEY DID :D

Hey we need you light warriors to save our lands :D That's political right there :p SOO they were under some kind of oppression from someone that need their lands, their nations, saved.
>>> Yeah, Chaos and the 4 fiends those guys were all about politics :D..

Wolf Kanno
12-24-2008, 08:09 AM
You mean not save the world part? Well, it was headed there. If the Empire was left unchecked without getting Larsa on the throne, I imagine things would get pretty :skull::skull::skull::skull:ty after a while. Maaaybe. His way of doing things weren't the best, despite his intentions. But it was quite different all the same. It was a refreshing break.

But I want to be Vayne, not Ashe and company. Except more evil, not so ambiguous. And I want Larsa to perish in a sad scene. I am a bad person.

I hear you, I find it funny that in most games that promise you the ability to "be the villain" it always turns out there's a bigger asshole out there and then you become the anti-hero instead of the villain. Even your "heroes" you battle turn out to be more nasty and evil than your character.

I would love to see a game where your goal is to kill every living thing on the planet and then head off to other worlds to enslave other life after you became god. :D

Freya
12-24-2008, 05:02 PM
haha I'd love to be your queen! As long as I get equally part in the world destruction :)

Yeah a FF game from the badies view would eb really hard. And knowing squenix they'd be all, as Wolf Kanno said, "ANTI-HERO!"