PDA

View Full Version : Aion wins the Best Korean Game of the Year 2008

Markus. D
12-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Source: Aion wins the Best Korean Game of the Year 2008 | Aion (http://www.aiononline.com/us/news/news_from_abroad/aion_wins_the_best_korean_game.html)

We are delighted to announce that Aion: The Tower of Eternity has won the coveted 'Best Korean Game of the Year' title in the Korean Game Awards for 2008. It was widely observed that Aion outshone competing efforts with its epic scale, immersive story, and stunning graphics and sound design. The prestigious event was co-sponsored by the Korean Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, Sports Chosun and Electronic Times News.

Aion has garnered great acclaim since its release in Korea this November. With awards such as this one behind us, we are more determined than ever to ensure that Aion's much anticipated release in Europe and North America will be equally successful!

I'm definetly getting this if it comes out before Diablo III (won't post, due to being immersed in D3 omg~!).

From the gameplay I've seen and what awaits come endgame, I could definetly see myself as a subscriber.

The gameplay seems to stem off from the Obvious MMORPG construction of WoW and a certain Aeria MMO (The one with the two Gawdddess' xD)... but with a new knack of scenery to explore and absolutely brilliant eye-lasers to await.

and a Storyline apparently, which would be interesting, because it took GW 2 not-so-great storylines before they absolutely nailed it perfect on the face, extremely interesting to see how this pans out.

Rostum
12-22-2008, 10:25 PM
This MMO looks like one of the most beautiful MMO's I have ever seen. The environments, the textures, the post processsing, the character models, it's all so incredibly beautiful. And for this reason alone, I will be getting this. It's just a bonus that I like MMO's.

Props to them, they have worked very hard for the last 4-5 years on this and have exhausted all their talents, so very well done to them.

Carl the Llama
01-04-2009, 05:07 AM
I am so enraptured by this game... looks just bloody amazeing, think ill be rolling a templar.