PDA

View Full Version : Norg Evolution. (spoilers?)

MJN SEIFER
12-22-2008, 09:58 PM
I don't remember if this has been discussed before, but it most likely has.

Norg was meant to evolve at some point, and we don't see his evolution, or do we? I have an idea of what his evolution is, but I'm not saying it is fact, it is just what I believe based on what I have seen in the game, and I would like your opinion, but am silightly wary.

So for now I'll just hint/ask; would it be too traumatic for you if this became a theory thread?

Iceglow
12-22-2008, 11:49 PM
I believe (and will confirm if I can be bothered to rush through disc 1 on my current play through) Norg to be evolved already. I believe this because Shumi either become a Moomba or an Elder. Well Norg shared many traits with the Elder of the village. He certainly didn't share many traits with the artisan ect. I'm pretty sure Norg evolved in to a Shumi elder but was just very very corrupt.

licence
12-23-2008, 09:09 AM
I believe (and will confirm if I can be bothered to rush through disc 1 on my current play through) Norg to be evolved already. I believe this because Shumi either become a Moomba or an Elder. Well Norg shared many traits with the Elder of the village. He certainly didn't share many traits with the artisan ect. I'm pretty sure Norg evolved in to a Shumi elder but was just very very corrupt.

Think this makes sense.

Jiro
12-23-2008, 11:31 AM
He also looks very similar, except for being ridiculously huge. I used to wonder about Norg, but I forgot what exactly I was unsure about xD

The Last Oath
12-23-2008, 12:24 PM
he seems huge because he shows his hands. other shumi are ashamed to show their large hands but norg seems not to care.

Jiro
12-23-2008, 02:00 PM
But is he really the same height as the Elder? He seems to be bigger, but it's been a while since I last played

blackmage_nuke
12-23-2008, 02:07 PM
It's because Garden Hot dogs are filled with steroids.

Jiro
12-23-2008, 04:09 PM
That's why Zell wants some, he needs them to increase muscle growth!

licence
12-23-2008, 04:16 PM
Wonder what his next form would be?

MJN SEIFER
12-23-2008, 10:19 PM

That is actually pretty likley, it would pobably make a little more sense than my theory. However take note that after the battle, NORG seams to be going to an evolution state, like when he is no longer sealed he will be evolved. However, I am not ruling out what you have said, so if I am right with my theory, then maybe shumi's have more than one evolution. I am fairly sure that what happens at the end of the fight is the first state of the evolution process.

But either way, what would that evolution be? And how long would it take? It might take a trip to the future to find out, if I'm right in my theory of course. If I am right though, it might be fairly traumatic if NORG's next form was something you'd have to fight.

Iceglow
12-24-2008, 12:19 AM
I can disprove your theory MJN.

I checked on youtube, to confirm how Norg dies myself here (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8-6ZE5fqLOE&feature=related) is a youtube video, Norg dies around the 2.5 - 3minute mark on this. His death is very normal.

I believe you got confused between the death of Norg and the fake president Deling in the Timber mission as seen here. (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=K_uMAFvScHw) The transformation in to the hunk of undead love takes place around 22:30 in this video. Though why he transforms we never actually find out. I can guess that it is probably some kind of fail safe mechanism incase of kidnap or assasination.

licence
12-24-2008, 12:42 AM
I can disprove your theory MJN.

I checked on youtube, to confirm how Norg dies myself here (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8-6ZE5fqLOE&feature=related) is a youtube video, Norg dies around the 2.5 - 3minute mark on this. His death is very normal.

I believe you got confused between the death of Norg and the fake president Deling in the Timber mission as seen here. (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=K_uMAFvScHw) The transformation in to the hunk of undead love takes place around 22:30 in this video. Though why he transforms we never actually find out. I can guess that it is probably some kind of fail safe mechanism incase of kidnap or assasination.

I think he's talking more about the cocoon that appears after Norg's defeat.

Iceglow
12-24-2008, 01:08 AM
The cocoon thing, well thats slightly more difficult to explain. I mean sure it could be evoloution but we never see a shumi evolve. Therefore I find it hard to support. My own take on this was: the cloud of energy and gas was due to the strong magical power and machinery that Norg's throne took form of.

licence
12-24-2008, 02:16 AM
Isn't it mentioned though that he might evolve by a character at some point? It's been a while so I'm unsure of whether I'm just mixing this up with discussions from boards or actual in-game dialogue.

Serapy
12-24-2008, 02:26 AM
A Garden Faculty npc told the party to be there in front of NORG within three seconds. It sounds like NORG doesn`t want to waste resources in order to appear for nothing, which might explain the existence of a little spiral planet at the end of NORG`s defeat. I believe that it came from the resources that made NORG appear.

licence
12-24-2008, 09:49 AM
I'm not sure I understand your point here. What kind of resources do you think that NORG needs to appear?

MJN SEIFER
12-25-2008, 11:16 PM
The cocoon thing, well thats slightly more difficult to explain. I mean sure it could be evoloution but we never see a shumi evolve. Therefore I find it hard to support. My own take on this was: the cloud of energy and gas was due to the strong magical power and machinery that Norg's throne took form of.

That is what made me think he was evloving, as I associate thoes with a "meta" type situation, however you are right to point out that there is no evidence that this is evolution, as we haven't seen shumi's evolve, so thank you for pointing that out. Your sugestion on the magical energy creating the "cocoon" or whatever it was, actually makes sense.

Isn't it mentioned though that he might evolve by a character at some point? It's been a while so I'm unsure of whether I'm just mixing this up with discussions from boards or actual in-game dialogue.

Yes, it has been a while since I saw it but I can remember one of the NPCs saying "Did NORG evolve yet?" and then he(?) is asked what he means and he explains that Shumis can evolve and that he wonders what NORG will evolve into - I'm pretty sure the line is in Fishermans Horrizon, although I can't think why anyone would mention NORG there.

Also bare in mind that this person doesn't state whether he's seen NORG before you do in the same form - so there's always a chance that NORG has already evolved, this person just doesn't know it yet.

You can also go back to MD Level and there will be some Shumis there next to the "cocoon" which is now empty, and if I remember the Shumis say they are "taking care of things here". I don't know what they mean, I'll have to check it out, but NORG has either evlovled or died.

Anyway, I can now admit that my theory may not work after all. I went and scanned the boss that I thought was NORG's evolved form and it turns out that the boss is a "weapon of the future" and is therefore machine not bilogical, and thus can not be anyone's evolved form. I guess there wasn't a traumatic experience awaiting Sqaull in the future after all.

Incidently I like The Last Oath's point about NORG showing off his hands while other shumis kept their hands concealed - I wonder if that was done deliberatly by Sqaure?

Serapy
12-26-2008, 04:00 AM
A Garden Faculty npc told the party to be there in front of NORG within three seconds. It sounds like NORG doesn`t want to waste resources in order to appear for nothing, which might explain the existence of a little spiral planet at the end of NORG`s defeat. I believe that it came from the resources that made NORG appear.

Actually, I think I have an alternative to this post ...

Let`s take a Look at the concept of the INTERVIGILIUM (Sleep) painting, shall we?
So ... NORG seemed to be invisible most of the time in the game, and his first appearance in the game was when he showed up. I'm assuming he was sleeping (like what Future Esthar said) ...

Garden Faculties are very strict and kinda patriotic to thier own garden ... They don`t want to disturb thier master (NORG) when dealing with unnecessary matters.
Maybe this is why they demanded the party to turn up infront of NORG within three seconds, otherwise NORG may think "What the, I`ve wasted three seconds of my life just for nothing? [assuming that if the party didn`t show up]" and possibly punish the Garden Faculty for that reason.

So, let`t look at the little spiral planet after NORG`s defeat ... it could be either a symbol of Judgement (showing that the party has made a good decision) or ... perhaps like what I said above, resources.

What resources? I forget the name, but it was definitely something magic related.
You know Big Bang? It`s linked with evolution, as shumis are well known for involvement in evolution as explained from the game. Let`s combine big bang and evolution, you will see an image of some crazy-mass something ... maybe that`s what was displaying after the defeat ...

Typhoon
04-10-2009, 03:06 AM

Actually, I think I have an alternative to this post ...

Let`s take a Look at the concept of the INTERVIGILIUM (Sleep) painting, shall we?
So ... NORG seemed to be invisible most of the time in the game, and his first appearance in the game was when he showed up. I'm assuming he was sleeping (like what Future Esthar said) ...

Garden Faculties are very strict and kinda patriotic to thier own garden ... They don`t want to disturb thier master (NORG) when dealing with unnecessary matters.
Maybe this is why they demanded the party to turn up infront of NORG within three seconds, otherwise NORG may think "What the, I`ve wasted three seconds of my life just for nothing? [assuming that if the party didn`t show up]" and possibly punish the Garden Faculty for that reason.

So, let`t look at the little spiral planet after NORG`s defeat ... it could be either a symbol of Judgement (showing that the party has made a good decision) or ... perhaps like what I said above, resources.

What resources? I forget the name, but it was definitely something magic related.
You know Big Bang? It`s linked with evolution, as shumis are well known for involvement in evolution as explained from the game. Let`s combine big bang and evolution, you will see an image of some crazy-mass something ... maybe that`s what was displaying after the defeat ...

Sounds logical.