PDA

View Full Version : Favorite "Acquisition" of an Airship.

Wolf Kanno
12-23-2008, 09:03 AM
The title says it all, in all of the FFs which had your favorite moment of acquiring the beloved airship, whether it be heartfelt, or funny or just an awesome scene to behold. Which game just made acquiring the freedom to fly that much sweeter?

My choice would go to VI, crashing an opera to steal from a wandering gambler whgo is also trying to crash the opera. It was priceless and beautiful to behold. Then later, when you battle through the graveyard and learn the truth about Setzer's past and who inspired him to become the man he is today. It was another moving experience for me. Its probably why despite not being a Cid, Setzer is still my number one Airship pilot. :cool:

Edit: I had a poll but my comical notations were too mcuh for the system to handle...

The Crystal
12-23-2008, 10:12 AM
Are you talking about only the first airship, or any one that you get during the story?

Karellen
12-23-2008, 10:15 AM
The airship acquisition in VI is part of the best set piece in any JRPG ever, so that I guess.

blackmage_nuke
12-23-2008, 10:35 AM
VI as well for me, Setzer has the most awesome theme music aswell.

And I really liked how they resurected the falcon from the grave yard despite its commical appearance.

Elpizo
12-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Getting the Invincible in III for me. Seeing it rise from the sea in those awesome NES graphics was amazing.

The Last Oath
12-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Getting the ragnarok back in disc four when i thought it was gone forever and i couldnt go back to Deep Sea Research Centre to fight Ultima.

Wolf Kanno
12-23-2008, 06:52 PM
Are you talking about only the first airship, or any one that you get during the story?

Any, had the poll not had such restrictions, the question would have made more sense.

licence
12-23-2008, 06:59 PM
I quite liked taking over the Ragnarok.

The Crystal
12-23-2008, 09:02 PM
Any, had the poll not had such restrictions, the question would have made more sense.

In this case... I choose the Invincible of FFIX. The FMV of the party leaving Terra with the ship is awesome.
The ship itself have a futuristic design that makes it pretty cool.
And lets not forget that it's the friggin Invincible! That's the ship you see controling Eidolons and blowing-up cities, during the entire story.
Seriously, when you started playing the game for the first time, did you think you would gain control over that "terrifying eye from the sky"? I didn't, and it was a pleasant surprise.

Depression Moon
12-23-2008, 09:14 PM
Out of the games I played it would have to be Final Fantasy IX. Gaining the Hilda Garde was such an astounding experience that started with the secret of Eiko's pet moogle, Mog, the defeat of Zorn and Thorn at Mt. Gulug, the discovery of Cid's long lost wife, Kuja's ambitions, finally having Cid transform back into his human form, and Hilda revealing the plan's of Kuja. Story wise it revealed a lot as so did X's with the reveal of the summoner's death at the end of their journey.

BG-57
12-25-2008, 03:09 AM

In this case... I choose the Invincible of FFIX. The FMV of the party leaving Terra with the ship is awesome.
The ship itself have a futuristic design that makes it pretty cool.
And lets not forget that it's the friggin Invincible! That's the ship you see controling Eidolons and blowing-up cities, during the entire story.
Seriously, when you started playing the game for the first time, did you think you would gain control over that "terrifying eye from the sky"? I didn't, and it was a pleasant surprise.

Eyeball O' Doom FTW! :D

sir helix
12-25-2008, 03:47 AM
Out of the games I played it would have to be Final Fantasy IX. Gaining the Hilda Garde was such an astounding experience that started with the secret of Eiko's pet moogle, Mog, the defeat of Zorn and Thorn at Mt. Gulug, the discovery of Cid's long lost wife, Kuja's ambitions, finally having Cid transform back into his human form, and Hilda revealing the plan's of Kuja. Story wise it revealed a lot as so did X's with the reveal of the summoner's death at the end of their journey.

Best of the best, i also like how Cid (VII) stole the shinra airship (i think, its been too long to remember properly), the mission in junction was fun. having to controle tifa to get out of the smurfing chair. running out side and finding yuffie in disquise. priceless.

black orb
01-03-2009, 08:16 PM
>>> FF1, if i didnt get the airship, i would probably given up the game.

Jessweeee♪
01-03-2009, 11:48 PM
FFVIII's Ragnarok! Though my favorite scene with an airship ever is in FFX when they crash Yuna's wedding. That was awesome xD

Jiro
01-04-2009, 12:50 AM
FFVIII's Ragnarok! Though my favorite scene with an airship ever is in FFX when they crash Yuna's wedding. That was awesome xD

Yes, twas very awesome.

Zeromus_X
01-04-2009, 04:49 AM
I guess FFVI was the most memorable. Even more so factoring in the opera.

qwertysaur
01-04-2009, 05:36 AM
The First Airship in III was great. I was all Yay airship, then It breaks :(

Mine is VI.

The Turk
01-04-2009, 12:06 PM
The Highwind in VII.

Getting the Highwind caps off a terrific segment in the game. Meteor being summoned, the Weapon attack, the execution scene, the Scarlet vs Tifa slapping contest! Then you get the Highwind and can finally explore the world. It's just the most kick-ass series of events ever.

I also felt you got access to the airship at just the right time in the game.

Jessweeee♪
01-04-2009, 11:15 PM
The Highwind in VII.

Getting the Highwind caps off a terrific segment in the game. Meteor being summoned, the Weapon attack, the execution scene, the Scarlet vs Tifa slapping contest! Then you get the Highwind and can finally explore the world. It's just the most kick-ass series of events ever.

I also felt you got access to the airship at just the right time in the game.

hahaha, I forgot about the slapping contest. That was funny xD