PDA

View Full Version : Problem with PS3 Internet Connection

Rocket Edge
12-24-2008, 01:46 AM
I just got a new PS3. I don't know much about any of this business so I'm stuck. Basicly, it says its failing to find the/an IP Address. It's picking up the wireless signal alright (100%). What do I do to treat this? Did I make a mistake with the setup, or is it my broadband? Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Was reading online there and apparently I need a router. Is that something I need to buy separatly or is is already built into my computer? I really have little knowledge of computers...

Alastair|UK
12-25-2008, 05:54 AM
a router is a box where you plug computers and stuff into before sending em to da phone lines but if you have a wireless connection which it detects then its possible you allready have a router but /shrug

Serapy
01-10-2009, 07:13 PM
I just got a new PS3. I don't know much about any of this business so I'm stuck. Basicly, it says its failing to find the/an IP Address. It's picking up the wireless signal alright (100%). What do I do to treat this? Did I make a mistake with the setup, or is it my broadband? Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Was reading online there and apparently I need a router. Is that something I need to buy separatly or is is already built into my computer? I really have little knowledge of computers...

If you don`t have a router right now, your only option is to unplug the Ethernet cable from your cable modem and plug it into your PS3. Reset your modem (switch off the power and switch it back on), after that, go to the Internet setting in PS3 and set it up as 'Wired'. You will be connected by then.

When you get a router, read the manual and you`ll have to change the Internet setting in your PS3 to 'Wireless'. Good luck.

Rocket Edge
01-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the posts. Got it sorted after a while back, cheers.