PDA

View Full Version : Ouch! And not the member!

Bahamut2000X
12-24-2008, 10:58 AM
So the other day I was doing my ninjutsu training like normal. Nothing too bad, the normal. Then we go to start the sparring, which starts up normal, but turns very very bad when I get thrown and LAND on my shoulder. Not my legs, not my arms, not any other part of my body but all 145 pounds of glorious man muscle of mine ON MY SHOULDER.

Now I'm not sure what the medical term for "HOLY **** PAIN" is, but I'm sure I got it, luckily we have a Doctor Ninja there who popped my arm back into place or something. All I know was he did something funny which hurt like all hell and made a lot of pops in my body then I felt better....for about 3 seconds before more shooting pain exploded anytime I move my arm.

Now here I am about to go into work for an 8+ hour shift which I'm sure is to hurt like all hell and be quite difficult.

So EoFF I ask you what injuries you have sustained in your life, and the stupid things you have done while injured.

Jiro
12-24-2008, 11:08 AM
I've had countless injuries in the course of my short life, but I'll detail a few that I can remember.

Fractured my arm playing softball once. Dove for a catch and the glove hit the ground and went under the rest of my arm. The momentum cracked my forearm about 2/3 of the way to my wrist. That was a very painful moment.

I tore all the ligaments in my right ankle, as well as stretching the tendons to a dangerous point at football training. Was supposed to be on crutches for 6 weeks. Three days later I played a full match. That was pretty stupid, it took upwards of a year to fully heal after that.

The funniest injury I ever sustained was breaking my second toe on my right foot. I tripped over a mattress and cracked it on the floor. I still have no idea how that's possible, but it happened to me :D

I'm also very good at displacing my neck and spine by doing stupid things, like jumping off buildings, diving will playing sports and doing bicycle kicks in football xD

Yar
12-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Besides being dropped on my head in the Kroger parking lot as an infant, all my injuries have occured on my left arm.

When I was a toddler, my mother was holding my hand as we were walking somewhere. She pulled too hard and dislocated it. :(

I jumped off a jungle gym at age seven and my left arm hit a steel rung on one of the gym's ladder. I broke one of the bones in my forearm. If you feel the bone, you can still feel where it was broken; it's kinda curved.

I have a third degree burn on my left wrist. TV dinner accident! I pulled it out of the microwave and dropped it because it was too hot. The cellophane covering and some mashed potatoes landed on my wrist. I eventually needed to go to the hospital because it lead to a freak incident involving blood poisoning. :Oo:

blackmage_nuke
12-24-2008, 11:35 AM
Luckily I think the worst thing ive done got a tooth knocked out and i dont remember how it happened.

Yar
12-24-2008, 02:19 PM
I thought it would be worth noting to you all that on my way to McDonald's this morning, I slipped on the wet ice twice. My ass hurts.

With no one around, I had to laugh at myself. :(

DK
12-24-2008, 02:33 PM
When I was like 10 or 11 or something like that and still taking random ass karate lessons we used to go and train at this training centre near my dads place that was this huge place with all sorts of sport training done there. Our usual spot wasn't available for this one week so we ended up going to train in what turned out to be the basketball courts instead. Before the lesson started a few of us were dicking about playing Basketball and I thought it would be a good idea to climb onto this Gymnastics horse and do a huge slam dunk off it. I must admit I looked like a god damn badman but when I dropped down to the floor and landed I fucked it and ended up tearing the ligaments on the sole of my foot, which sucked a lot. And then because for some reason I can't remember I didn't want to say anything about it, I went through with the Lesson anyway which, as it turned out, was all about kicking. So yeah I spent about an hour alternating standing on this one foot that was fucked and it was fairly obvious that I was screwed over but I bit my lip and got through it until the end where I promptly fell over and didn't walk again for about a day http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/wacky.gif

It was stupid but at the same time, quite manly for an 11 year old :cool:

Namelessfengir
12-24-2008, 03:38 PM
ive got various injuries most heal up quick enough thou

broke my finger on my right hand when i was three...i dont remember doing it

when i was 5 i was running and slipped and slid my skull into the corner of a steel door. not sure how many stitches i needed. if my hairs short enough you can see the scar.

tore up the skin on my right knee when i was 7-8 got 8 stitches. now the scar is Y shaped kinda funny at the time.

in ninth grade we were playing a tag like game during gym i was running full bore about to get this guy when he went right... and i didn't.... head first into a cinderblock wall. and it didn't actually do any damage. just busted blood vessels in my forehead. but damn i got the biggest damn nosebleed you'll ever see must have been at least 2 cups worth.

insummer of 05 i crashed an ATV into a fence at 35 and flew about fifteen feet. i broke a bone at the base of my thumb which i cant heal without surgery because no blood gets to it and i dont have insurance to pay for it.... after three years im used to the pain

Clouded Sky
12-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Haha. So the first sentence of the following might be laughable (we're supposed to be nerds, right?)

I played wide receiver and did punt return and kickoff returns on my high school football team. On one punt one of my teammates, not paying attention, somehow managed to back himself up real near to me while I was about to catch the punt. At the last minute he hit me which shifted my position slightly which meant that the ball instead of landing in my hands landed on the top of my middle finger. And broke it. And it really hurt. But I got to flip people off for the next month.

The only other major thing? I fractured my wrist playing dodgeball - hard impact on the ground after dodging.

Peegee
12-24-2008, 05:36 PM
You're kidding me, right? Did you guys ever see my legs? It looks like I was shot repeatedly by bullets:

- I landed on my knee off a bicycle, on a rock which punctured my knee
- I jumped off my bike and lacerated my leg
- I bludgeoned myself on a tree at relatively high velocity
- fractured two of my palm bones (straight fracture)
- dislocated my shoulder
- there's a piece of a pencil in my palm
- countless cuts and nicks all over my body just from not giving a damn

PS: Did I mention I enjoy pain a little too much?

Shorty
12-24-2008, 06:13 PM
I read that as "Doctor Ninja pooped my arm back in to place."

I have a nail in my elbow from busting it right at the joint.

Jiro
12-24-2008, 07:44 PM
(we're supposed to be nerds, right?)

It's obvious that none of us should be allowed outside, far too much chance of injury :D

Blue Harvest
12-24-2008, 07:53 PM
First 'major' injury I sustained was when I was four. I was jumping on the bed and I slipped and fell, hitting my head on the bedside table. I needed stitches to close the resulting wound (I think) and I still have a small scar on my forehead from it.

The second one was muscle damage sustained from a heavy fall onto my left arm when I was playing football. That taught me a valuble lesson: never go out the night before an exam :tongue:

qwertysaur
12-24-2008, 08:03 PM

It's obvious that none of us should be allowed outside, far too much chance of injury :D
Oh, I find ways to injure myself inside anyway. :p When I was 2 I cut open my forehead, went to the hospital where they discovered I was allergic to the antibiotic they game me (omoxacillan)

When I was 8 I slipped and cut open open the side of my head on a table.

When I was 12 I ran through a glass sliding door. Twas very painful with glass cutting all over my body.

Jessweeee♪
12-24-2008, 08:51 PM
I've never been seriously injured before *knock on wood* but there was this one time I banged my head on a TV that was hanging on the wall of a hotel room, then a minute later I had to pick something up that was underneath it and hit my head again.

Tama2
12-24-2008, 09:24 PM
Landed on my knee off a bike also. Except I landed on asphalt 'cos I was trying to be badass and stand on my bike while it was moving. But I think a rock might hurt more. :o

Made a kickass rock swing which cracked the top of my skull.

Played "Let's see if you can hit me with flying cacti parts." I lost. : [

Did a sweet ass flip off a trampoline and somehow busted my front tooth (in half) on one of the bars.

Rock hit by a golf club landed right above my temple thingy.

And many other sweet things. : D

Levian
12-24-2008, 09:58 PM
Stupidest thing I did would probably be jumping from a roof and landing on ice. I don't even like roofs.

Leeza
12-24-2008, 11:06 PM
Motorcycle accident. Hit a rock wall. Broken collarbone, pelvic and shoulder = lots of pain. :cat:

Kes
12-25-2008, 01:56 AM
A few months ago, I fell out of a tree.

I got pretty scraped up and my knee hurt like ZOMG. The next day I went to a RenFair and walked around for like four, five hours.

My knee is still slightly misshapen and I haven't been able to really fence since, but I'm finally going to go see someone about it next month.

I take good care of myself, really.

tidus_rox
12-25-2008, 02:24 AM

Lawl.
Um... I have never been injured. Nothing ever sprained, broken, twisted.

I am a careful guy :)

(Merry Chirstmas Eve!!!)