PDA

View Full Version : Persona 3

Jessweeee♪
12-26-2008, 05:15 AM
I figured I should make a separate thread from my other one :p

I received Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 for Christmas, and I'm having a blast :</>D! Are there any really important tips you have for a newbie player?

Vermachtnis
12-26-2008, 05:20 AM
Have fun with it! And watch out for the Mudo and Hama skills. And use Tactics or else you're gonna Rage when I certain character insists of using Marin Karin and Tentarafoo over and over!

Jessweeee♪
12-26-2008, 05:31 AM
I just died after fighting like a bajillion enemies in a row without anyone getting tired ;_;

Markus. D
12-26-2008, 05:51 AM
Conserve :3!

Use both worlds and not just one, or else that's no fun :(!

Also! You want to play the MMORPG.

Jessweeee♪
12-26-2008, 05:56 AM
I died again. That's what I get for constantly having Jack Frost equipped in an area where the Shadows like to use firey spells a lot :(

Momiji
12-26-2008, 06:27 AM

I'm going to get that damn thing to download if it's the last thing I do. :mad2:

Jiro
12-26-2008, 08:48 AM
I also got Persona 3 for Christmas, and I think it's brilliant. I'm quite a fan of the characters, they're very different to anything I've ever seen before. I must remember to play more Shin Megami Tensei games :D

Markus. D
12-26-2008, 11:32 AM

I'm going to get that damn thing to download if it's the last thing I do. :mad2:

Eh?

OH!

I didn't mean that, I meant the in-game one :3!

Vermachtnis
12-26-2008, 01:25 PM
Eh?

OH!

xD Yea, favorite non-team member character of the game.

I also got Persona 3 for Christmas, and I think it's brilliant. I'm quite a fan of the characters, they're very different to anything I've ever seen before. I must remember to play more Shin Megami Tensei games :D

You should give Nocturne a whirl. The bosses will kick your ass and just when you think you've got the hang of it, they will remind you why they're the boss.

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-26-2008, 05:13 PM
Eh?

OH!

xD Yea, favorite non-team member character of the game.

I love how she is actually one of your teachers.

I need to finish that game though. -__-;

I bought Persona 4 right before I left to go to my parents'. Haven't got to play it much since I left my PS2 at my apartment.

Wolf Kanno
12-26-2008, 06:36 PM
I LOVE Persona 3. I got FES for my birthday and I just got Persona 4 for Christmas. Winter break will be a regular demon throwdown for me :jess:

My advice is this:
Make sure to not play favorites. Whether its with Persona's or party members, you need to upgrade and rotate everyone if you ever want to hope to succeed. Don't get accustomed to using the same Persona's fuse and try out new ones. Don't keep people like Yuakari constantly in your party just because she has healing magic, if she's weak to the enemy elements, she will cause more damage than good. Play to your enemies weaknesses constantly...

Do the Social Links. Talk to everyone and make sure the social links are spent on the majority of your afternoon time. The mall is open at night and gives you access to the three major shops that increase your stats. Rotate going to Tartarus with raising your statistics and focus on raising your social links after school and on weekends. Raising Persona levels is tedious and time consuming through battles so the social links help immensely. They are also fun and very touching.

Don't slack off raising your three stats. Restaurants, karaoke club, and the shrine all help raise your stats outside of school. Use them wisely. Also, hanging out with friends on the weekends help raise your stats and keep in good standing with your friends. You need to raise these stats cause they will get you access to more social links a well as a few extra goodies from Mitsuru.

Don't let your friends down. Except for the people you meet outside of school, make sure you spend some time with them every now and again. The girls you date and your fellow classmates can get annoyed and send the relationship in reverse if you ignore them too long. Also, if you spend quite a bit of time with the girls, and the social link starts going into a more romantic relationship, you need to stop seeing the other girls and try to finish up that romantic link fast. If you start "dating around" despite only being friends with these people you will anger the girl who has romantic feelings for you. Its a pain trying to mend these reverse relationships so be careful of everyone's feelings.

Do whatever Elizabeth asks of you. Elizabeth gives you access to a few side missions, DO THEM! They will net you better items and equipment than you can get and the fusion challenges create some awesome Persona's for you as well as teach you how to customize the Persona's better. Also, check the compendium and make sure to update all your good Personas before you start fusing. That way you can always go back and purchase your old Person if you accidentally made something useless.You also want to do it if they learned or gained an ability through fusion or transformation of a skill.

Speaking of which... DON'T EVER ALLOW THE PERSONA'S TO CHANGE A SKILL UNLESS ITS SOMETHING YOU WOULD NEVER USE!!!
They constantly like to change offensive and curative skills into something useless so its better if you just don't let them change anything at all. Believe, me its a pain when your awesome Persona decides to switch out his only healing or attack skill in exchange for a status spell or Poismundi :rolleyes2

Hope these help. ;)

As for Nocturne, that game will kick your ass. Normal encounters need to be treated like boss encounters and boss encounters will either drive you mad with frustration or make you stop playing altogether. The game is awesome for this. :cool: Seriously, its a fun game but it does have a steep learning curve but I fel its worth it in the end.

Tasura
12-26-2008, 07:56 PM
what he said ^.

But, it's fine to use one demon, if you find a good one like I did, that reflected almost everything, and absorbed/nulled what it didn't.

Jessweeee♪
12-26-2008, 09:55 PM
Thanks, everyone n.n-b