PDA

View Full Version : Christmas is Over

Depression Moon
12-26-2008, 04:22 PM
So now that Christmas is over, shall we discuss the gifts we received and how the day just went out? I woke up a 7 in the mornin' and opened gifts with my brothers, my mother, and my older brother's roommate. I received nothing but some clothes, a bar of African soap, and some socks. We then preceded to eat a home cooked breakfast, and then for the rest of the day until dinner began, I played football with my brothers, oh and my little brother got Samba De Amigo too. I tried it it's okay. It makes you look stupid though shaking the Wii motes in the air and doing poses every few seconds. At dinner time I had a feast consisting of sweet potatoes, collard greens, brocolli casserole, rolls, ham, dressing, sweet potatoe pie, and red velvet cake. I also watched Awake for the first time and found it as a nice psychological thriller movie. Now i'm amd that I let my brother borrow my PS2 now I have nothing to play but my N64. Oh well I haven't played Zelda in a while or never beaten Perfect Dark yet.

Vermachtnis
12-26-2008, 04:32 PM
Started when my cat woke me up. It was her time to nap in my bed and I wasn't aloud. Opened presents. Got an awesome piggy bank that counts coins. Played some Nocturne. Went to my aunts to eat. Go an earfull from my cousin about how awesome Dark Fall will be when it comes out. Now I'm getting over hyped for that. Spent the rest of the day watching A Christmas Story, playing Nocturne, and eating turkey and stuffing. Day ended on a high note when I rushed in blindly against Beelzebub and got my ass handed to me :p And I made my new avatar.

Peegee
12-26-2008, 07:28 PM
I spent the day killing zombies and had dinner with immediate family and my brother's gf and her sibling.

I received 100$ (I should put that to use) and a sweater.

rubah
12-26-2008, 08:21 PM
I opened presents with my family first, then my sister and my nephews came over for a couple racous hours of little kids. My middle newphew got a spider-man web shooter, so to be fair, I dug out two bottles of silly string I had so my other two nephews could fight fair with him xD

Then after they left, my brother came up and we exchanged gifts. then my mom asked if we all wanted "toddies" and made mudslides for everyone except my brother who doesn't drink at all (self protection from anger issues/tendancies). So we all got a little loopy, some more so than other (*coughmomcough*) so when we remembered that we were supposed to be cooking a roast we kinda freaked for a minute xD luckily it was on a low heat and had progressed to the 'simmer for hours' stage.

So then I was dreadfully hungry for an hour and ate so hard that I didn't even bother to cut the fat off the side like I suually do!

then my dad popped in High Plains Drifter, which was pretty good, but I didn't really pay attention to it because I was taking down christmas decorations (soooo bored) and after that, I went up in the attic and cleaned around up there, putting the christmas boxen up!

and I read some and went to sweet sleep~

black orb
12-26-2008, 08:48 PM
>>> Nothing special for me, it was just like any other day..

Leeza
12-26-2008, 09:04 PM
rubah, you take your Christmas stuff down before Christmas is even over!? On Christmas Day?! That's just weird. :)

On Christmas Day we got up as usual and then proceeded to open gifts one at time. I got a DS and a bottle of Hungarian Champagne! We then played the various video games that were received, cooked Christmas dinner, ate Christmas dinner and played more video games and watched some videos. It was a good day. By 'we' I mean Skye-chan, Dr Unne and me.

Today is more of the same. It's been snowing here for days so everyone is pretty much snowed in, unless a lot of shoveling happens. I wanted to go catch some of the Boxing Day sales, but I guess I'll have to scrap that idea.

I hope everyone had a good day. :cat:

Tavrobel
12-26-2008, 09:17 PM
I spent less than eight hours awake, and four of it was spent watching Christmas Story.

I received nothing, expected nothing, and actually wished I could have been asleep longer. Then I got yelled at for texting too much, as though there's anything to do in southern Maryland.

rubah
12-26-2008, 10:03 PM
not usually leeza! Usually I beg and plead with my parents to keep it up past new year's even, but this year I just got really bored and wanted to get the whole lot sorted xD

Namelessfengir
12-26-2008, 11:36 PM
got woken at 730 in the morning by grandma calling to tell us merry christmas. got on computer looking for a christmas amv but it was on a bad section of a dvd so fail....

got dvds, books i already read, flashlight to put in car

had turkey and 'tatoes

watched indiana jones, bond, startrek tng season three

today watched more tng and lois and clark season three

Zeldy
12-27-2008, 07:20 PM
My parents were bribing me and my brother with tea in order to get out us out of bed. Eventually, after my Dad waking us up with 'HE'S BEEN, HE'S BEEN' we both got up at about 11am. My parents enjoy christmas more than we do now.

The only way I can describe what I got for Christmas is by "stuff". Money, clothes, makeup, headphones, underwear, stuff. My family are awfully generous when it comes to Christmas and money, I must have recieved nearly £300 this year.

Blue Harvest
12-27-2008, 08:58 PM
Every single day, christmas or not, the dog decides when it's time to get up. Christmas day she decided we were all getting up at half past 7. Presents were opened straight away and I got a good half hour of demon slaying in before breakfast. We had a turkey dinner at around 3pm and nothing else eventful happened for the rest of the day.

Del Murder
12-27-2008, 09:00 PM
I stayed up until 2AM watching Dragon Ball Z with my brothers.

XxSephirothxX
12-27-2008, 09:03 PM
I stayed up until 2AM watching Dragon Ball Z with my brothers.
Surely the best Christmas ever. DBZ is so funny.

tebian
12-27-2008, 09:24 PM
I have enjoyed my "new" console record player. Totally no LCD's just some knobs and a lighted dial to play those great old ABBA records. Now to think about taking down the Christmas tree.

Momiji
12-27-2008, 10:16 PM
I just saw this on LJ.

I haven't been to EOFF in a while so everyone from there who happens to read this for a bit, please wish them a merry christmas for me.

Done and done, Aicha. :heart:

Laddy
12-27-2008, 10:18 PM
I watched Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer.

I've concluded Rudolph is so gay for the elf.

rubah
12-27-2008, 10:52 PM
I think it's vice versa, laddy

demondude
12-27-2008, 11:48 PM
Christmas is still going on for me, until January at least. =p

Yuffie514
12-28-2008, 07:19 AM
Christmas sort of began on its eve, a day that I was required to work. And these are the events after work:

Christmas Eve - Wednesday
1) 8 hours of work and disappointment. After this, a relative of mine came to deliver presents.
2) Meeting up with the family of my brother's girlfriend, in which the two of us were also going to stay with until noon on Christmas. The reason for this, half of my family (comprising of my mom and dad) were out-of-state in California on vacation, and I couldn't go, in part to event number 1 under this list.
3) We got to the house too early, and sat there for like an hour and a half. Next, we were required by the mom of my brother's girlfriend to attend an hour of church service. She was actually supposed to go with her mom, but we got caught in the middle for coming down to her place. The church was crowded and had very little chairs, which is the same condition the previous year. Before the drive home, we stopped to do some last minute shopping at a nearby Wal-Greens.
4) After church, we unwrapped the remainder of our gifts that were not opened earlier in the week due to excitement and curiosity. Finally, we gathered together for a Christmas dinner with some of the relatives of my brother's girlfriend. The dinner party ended for us nearly at 3am and we all went to bed.

Christmas Day (Thursday)
1) I was finally able to pull myself completely out of bed just before noon. My brother and I were in a rush to get home, because one of our cousins was expecting to attend lunch at 1pm, but we were already late. We were late because my brother thought that we were going to attend another meal with his girlfriend's relatives at a restaurant, but the plans changed, and it ruined an event we could've had with our cousin. The couple parted with a brief exchange of angry words.
2) Driving back home in the rain, we had no official Christmas dinner. My brother and I decided that all we could do to compensate for it was lunch at Denny's. His girlfriend came over shortly and spent some time before leaving earlier tonight.

Presents I Received:
1) Gift cards from a California-native cousin of mine. Every card included some money, while I also received a trinket and a T-shirt.
2) From my brother's girlfriend, first of all, two Wii games that came together. This was opened before Christmas, and she eventually returned it due to some problems. She would later replace them with the Wii remote charging station and MySims. She, my brother and I all got addicted to the latter.
3) $20 from the mother of my brother's girlfriend. It was unexpected, but luckily I had something to give her in return.
4) From my mom, I know that she will be returning with my gift late tomorrow. I had requested her to get one of my favorite dramas on DVD while she is in California.