PDA

View Full Version : Help with the Bard's Tale...

Fynn
12-26-2008, 08:06 PM
I got this great game from my girlfriend for Christmas :) The thing is my laptop is too slow and when I play it I feel like I'm in the Matrix. Yeah, now I got fed up with the bullet time and tomorrow I'm borrowing my grandparents' laptop, which should put up with the game well. Here's the gist of it - I've made a little progress and would like to transfer my savegame file to the grandparent's computer via flash disc. Can anyone give me the precise location of the savegame folder of this game?

Markus. D
12-26-2008, 09:57 PM
I had it on the PS2, have you tried to see if it's in your Program files?

Fynn
12-26-2008, 10:06 PM
Phew... Found it... God... For anyone that may need this, here's the path: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data. Most of the files are hidden. I have no idea why they should hide save files like this...

Markus. D
12-26-2008, 10:11 PM
xD whoah that is hidden.

Shoeberto
12-26-2008, 10:13 PM
Generally they put it in My Documents or Application Data for whatever account you're signed into for games that came out post-Windows XP.

Iceglow
12-26-2008, 11:39 PM
If you run windows vista then the long, hidden file path is common sight for most games the save files will be in the application data folder in your section of the files. It's what they do to keep your files seperate. It'll get confusing if you ever need to modify browser options manually in a .js file too since these are also stored here.

Mirage
12-26-2008, 11:58 PM
They're hidden because the "Local Settings" directory is hidden by default. This is because most idiots have no idea what this is and could possibly break their applications if they had a field trip in there.