PDA

View Full Version : Dissidia surpasses 500,000

Vivisteiner
12-26-2008, 08:09 PM
According to VG chartz, after selling 350,000 on its first day, Dissidia has solid over 500,000 cumulatively in the whole week. This is better than Crisis core, which sold about 480,000 in its first week.

VG Chartz.com - Video Game Sales Charts - Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Wii, PS3, Xbox360, DS, PSP, PC (http://vgchartz.com/japyearly.php?year=2008&console=PSP&maker=&disp=Japanese+Name&boxartz=1)

Impressive stuff. Its now the third best selling PSP game in Japan this year. It'll probably beat second place in terms of overall sales though, but probably not by the end of 2008.

black orb
12-26-2008, 08:53 PM
>>> It does not surprise me, SE knows how to make money.

arcanedude34
12-26-2008, 11:52 PM
It's over 9000!

Wolf Kanno
12-27-2008, 05:45 AM
Not surprising, its been a fanboy wet-dream for years. I know I've been wishing for it for a long time. Guess this increases the chance of a sequel.

Crimson
12-27-2008, 02:52 PM
I must admit, im pleased with the results, but considering what the game is, I was actually expecting more, not only does it contain the FF cast of the greatest generations, it has them in beautiful full 3D, with some with for the first time full voice acting, the ability to play as the Villians for the first time, and that full open battle action system that KH and Advent Children introduced which gave FF fans wet dreams.

So yeah i'll admit, I was expecting more, maybe because it was on the PSP rather than the PS3. (no thats not a shameless wish, just an opinion)

Nifleheim7
01-02-2009, 04:32 AM
Has anyone here imported it?
Any news of its western release?

Rase
01-02-2009, 06:03 AM
Any news of its western release?
So far I believe all we've got is the tentative "Mid-year 2009" that's been floating around for a while.

While I will admit that my initial reaction to this game was "Dear God, why?", I have warmed up to it and been pleased with hands-on previews I've read. These fairly strong sales are certainly a good indication of a possible sequel well down the line. When I eventually pick up a PSP I'll definitely grab this.

Vivisteiner
01-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Dissidia surpasses Crisis core in Japan...almost.

Dissidia has now sold 0.75 million in Japan:
Dissidia: Final Fantasy (PSP) | VG Chartz.com - Video Game Sales Charts - Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Wii, PS3, Xbox360, DS, PSP, PC (http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=14750)

Which is almost as much as the 0.79 million Crisis core has sold in Japan in its lifetime so far:
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP) | VG Chartz.com - Video Game Sales Charts - Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Wii, PS3, Xbox360, DS, PSP, PC (http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=7385&region=All)

So Dissidia will probably overtake Crisis core next week. Which is pretty impressive seeing as its been out much less time. I wonder how long high sales will be sustained...

And to heighten my nerdiness, using simple mathematics (22C2) I've calculated that the number of possible 1 vs 1 matchups out of the 22 characters is 231. Thats a lot!