PDA

View Full Version : The "Out Of Date" Elixer

MJN SEIFER
12-26-2008, 10:43 PM
I can't remember where it is, but there is a scene where you can take an Elixer, and a man asks if you just stole soemthing from him, say no, and he'll say something about needing to throw away an "Out of date Elixer" that will "do more than make a guy sick".

Does this Elixer actually do anything, as I always have a load of Elixers at that point?

Mercen-X
12-28-2008, 05:16 AM
Regular Elixer. Nothing special.

MJN SEIFER
12-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Thought so. Just thought I'd check.

Thank you for answering me.

Skyblade
03-07-2009, 08:45 PM
That is, IIRC, in Mideel. When Cid is your party leader, after Tifa has decided to stay behind with Cloud, and before the Lifestream destroys all the buildings. It is the building before the clinic, and the guy there is sitting by his dog, with an Elixir on his bed. If you take it, he will ask you if you took it when you leave. Say you did or didn't, you'll get it either way, and it's just an Elixir.

Saber
03-08-2009, 06:46 AM
At least the mods are standing up and asking if you stole anything. I've always found it funny when a FF character goes into someones house and steals their :skull::skull::skull::skull:.

MJN SEIFER
03-08-2009, 04:44 PM
At least the mods are standing up and asking if you stole anything. I've always found it funny when a FF character goes into someones house and steals their :skull::skull::skull::skull:.

Typical RPGs in general really. You can just break into anyones house, take things, or look at things - nobody cares.

Vermachtnis
03-08-2009, 06:16 PM

Typical RPGs in general really. You can just break into anyones house, take things, or look at things - nobody cares.

Yup, it was funny Dragon Quest. You go and break pots and open drawers and stuff and no one bats an eye. Not so funny in Morrowind. The Guards just have no since of humor in that game.

theundeadhero
03-12-2009, 11:28 PM
They have a great sense of humor. They just think throwing you in jail is funny.

I like Zelda games where you can pick up pots and throw them at the owners heads.

MJN SEIFER
03-12-2009, 11:35 PM
They have a great sense of humor. They just think throwing you in jail is funny.

I like Zelda games where you can pick up pots and throw them at the owners heads.

I got one Zelda game where you can "steal" items (like in most RPGs), but in the shop! (you get zapped for doing it though...)

Skyblade
03-12-2009, 11:40 PM

I got one Zelda game where you can "steal" items (like in most RPGs), but in the shop! (you get zapped for doing it though...)

Yep. Link's Awakening. Quite a good game, with some excellent music. But, yeah, you could steal from the shop. Then, the next time you go into the shop, the shopkeeper would get his revenge. Not recommended if you want to play through with no deaths.

theundeadhero
03-12-2009, 11:41 PM
You can actually get away with it in Link's Awakening but you have to be good not to get zapped. If you do manage it everyone calls you theif for the rest of the game instead of your name as a trade-off. Sometimes I feel it's worth it to steal a shovel and sometimes I don't.

Skyblade
03-12-2009, 11:43 PM
I forgot about the "Thief" bit. Fun times. :)