PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Weaknesses...

Wolf Kanno
12-27-2008, 06:50 AM
Whether its your guilty pleasure or not, sometimes we all have that genre that no matter what, you will try it, and play it. Even if the game looks terrible you will still put the effort into playing it a few times.

For me. its Music/rhythm games. DDR, Frequency, Guitar Hero, Gitaroo Man, PaRappa the Rapper, or even Mad Maestro. If its a game about playing pushing buttons or synching to music, I will play it. Its probably my favorite casual genre.

Fighting games are my second choice though I don't actively seek it out as passionately as I do Rhythm games but I love fighting games and can be easily talked into playing any of them even titles I don't care for like Tekken, DoA, or Smash Bros. I will play them.

Shoeberto
12-27-2008, 08:03 AM
I guess my guilty pleasure amongst some of my friends are games with deep narratives. Most of them don't really appreciate games in stories. I like to sit by myself and do things to really get immersed in a game and find out what all the characters have to say. On the other hand, I had a friend playing Twilight Princess in my room earlier this year who just tapped A to get through all of the dialogue so he could keep exploring. It gets worse if there's a game with a romantic story that I get immersed in; I can't retain much of my man-cred while saying I nearly weeped from some emotional relationship thing in a game.

I don't feel guilty playing them, though, just discussing them and admitting that I appreciate games as an artform and not just as slashy shooty kill kill boxes.

Markus. D
12-27-2008, 09:30 AM
Complex gameplay D:!

Even though I play RPGs, games like Valkyrie Profile/2 always have me in a state of awe.

Oh and Celestial Themes.

Madame Adequate
12-27-2008, 01:50 PM
I'm a total 4x grognard. I'm pretty bad about RTS games too, but 4x... yeesh.

Dreddz
12-27-2008, 02:22 PM
Any new fighting game release Ill always find myself getting around to it eventually. No matter how many times a company rehashes a fighting game I still find myself playing it to death even whilst knowing that nothing significant has changed in the last decade.

I even gave the Bloody Roar series a chance to redeem itself and despite the fact that I'm with the majority that they suck I feel like I was the only one still buying them.

Momiji
12-27-2008, 04:14 PM
It's arcade games in general for me. I'll try any one at least once.