PDA

View Full Version : Spyware Guard 2008

scrumpleberry
12-27-2008, 03:25 PM
This is a horrid little bitch of a virus disguised as antivirus software. It pops up every 5 minutes doing false scans, featuring completely horrendous spelling errors (which gave it away almost instantly to me..), putting a false Windows Security Center icon in the taskbar which urges you to buy the full thing for about $40, and obviously you can't get rid of it by uninstalling. I'm trying out Malwarebytes to get rid of it. Oh, and the tagline is "Best antivirus protection software. Ever." which I find sniggerable.

I don't really want any help, just wondering if anyone else has had it yet?

Sergeant Hartman
12-27-2008, 03:35 PM
I Googled it and there's a lot of results on how to remove it.

scrumpleberry
12-27-2008, 03:38 PM
Malwarebytes removed it :up: It was only on my puta for a few hours or so.

Am I the only one thick/unfortunate enough to have got this thing then?

Aerith's Knight
12-27-2008, 04:33 PM
I got the Norton virus.

Ramza Beoulve
12-27-2008, 04:43 PM
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/2071/linuxuseratbestbuynn7.png

Peegee
12-27-2008, 05:04 PM
I guess it's too late before inb4 linux jerks.

No I don't have that. I don't install malware on my pc.

scrumpleberry
12-27-2008, 05:11 PM
lawl I didn't install it intentionally. It hops in off the interbuttz :o

Aerith's Knight
12-27-2008, 05:12 PM
Why can't linux get any virus?

Or is linux so impopular that people don't see the trouble making one for it?

Ramza Beoulve
12-27-2008, 05:35 PM
lawl I didn't install it intentionally. It hops in off the interbuttz :o[/linuxjerk] I know :(

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/6676/monopolyub4.gif

Shoeberto
12-27-2008, 06:23 PM

A little bit of that, but it's mostly the structure of the operating system. There's very well-defined security zones that prevent you from accessing secure locations without permission for anything, though at the same time you can install a lot in the userspace if it only requires access to the userspace (most common programs only need that). Windows has tried implementing this a few different ways, but it's a little more annoying - most of the time you either need full admin permission to do anything, or you have always-on admin access. So you either have a mostly irritating setup or an entirely un-secure setup.

rubah
12-27-2008, 06:25 PM
sure, linux and OSX and whatnot aren't as widely used as windows, so it makes the best sense to write viruses and funstuff for windows, but also microsoft likes to give a lot of authority to its own programs, you know, outlook, internet explorer, windows media player, so if you overcome those programs, why hello there windows OS.

Blue Harvest
12-27-2008, 09:09 PM
That's the virus my computer has. I cba to remove it when I don't use that comp anymore though.

Meat Puppet
12-27-2008, 09:26 PM
hey fellas here’s one why
why don’t people make viruses for
for osx
hehe
it’s because ha
gimme some room
because they suffer enough already
press 11 if you get it