PDA

View Full Version : Sales

Zeldy
12-27-2008, 07:30 PM
When I'm older, I'm going to tell everyone that as far as I'm concerned, Christmas will be in January. You might aswell - and make the most of the pre-Christmas sales! Are you hoping for any christmas bargains?

Where I work, the sale starts 5am on the 27th. Yes, today, and I was in at 6am. It was chaotic, it's pathetic that people even queue outside before 5am. Ever worked in a sale? It's really bad, like really xD

scrumpleberry
12-27-2008, 07:36 PM
The sales are insane. Not worth it imo.

Rye
12-27-2008, 07:38 PM
I worked at TJ Maxx which is basically a store where designer clothes are sold on sale always. It sounds nice, except that it's really ghetto, it's always messy, and the nastiest ghetto-est people would shop there. All the time. It was a disaster in December.

The Man
12-27-2008, 07:43 PM
I've been handling returns at work. It's absolutely insane how much unsorted stuff we have piled up in back of the cash registers. They've probably moved most of it back to the receiving room by now, though.

as for sales, a number of titles we had overstocked are 50% off, as are most calendars. I haven't really bought anything though; anything I wanted I already had.

I don't really care enough about anything other than books or music to bother searching anywhere else at the moment.

Zeldy
12-27-2008, 07:43 PM
I worked at TJ Maxx which is basically a store where designer clothes are sold on sale always. It sounds nice, except that it's really ghetto, it's always messy, and the nastiest ghetto-est people would shop there. All the time. It was a disaster in December.
yeah, we have TK Maxx here, and it's a mess like all year round!

I work in Next, and they always try to maintain high standards, so whenever I had a free minute I had the managers shouting at me to "recover" which is to check clothes are in the right place, right size order, and it's just impossible :(

rubah
12-27-2008, 07:45 PM
usually I feel so guilty for spending money before christmas I don't even want to think about buying things until february xD

Rye
12-27-2008, 07:45 PM
I wouldn't mind doing high quality retail again, or a bookstore. I got fat from working in an office over the summer. Retail makes you lose weight.

My only problem is that if I did good retail, like in Nordstrom, Sephora, Victoria's Secret, whatever, I'd spend my paychecks there. ;;

Zeldy
12-27-2008, 07:49 PM
I wouldn't mind doing high quality retail again, or a bookstore. I got fat from working in an office over the summer. Retail makes you lose weight.

My only problem is that if I did good retail, like in Nordstrom, Sephora, Victoria's Secret, whatever, I'd spend my paychecks there. ;;

I get 25% off Next clothes, so I know what you mean! and that's just a temporary staff discount. You get more when you're permanent and you get uniform allowance (I think it's like £75 in credit to spend in store) because they like you wearing their clothes. I was also able to shove whatever I wanted from the sale into the stock room when we finished christmas eve, so that way we always get what sizes we want before the customers get a chance.

Although, working in retail probably makes me fatter. In my lunch I run to the nearest subway or burger king!

Yar
12-27-2008, 07:51 PM
Dad wanted to go to GameStop to return a game for $3. The line was going to be over an hour. His "it's the principle of the matter" mentality had me scared we were going to wait in line.

We didn't though. ;)

The Man
12-28-2008, 06:03 AM
I told myself I wasn't going to buy any more books after Christmas, then I got sucked into 2666. There goes another $21.

Shoeberto
12-28-2008, 06:11 AM
To me it just seems like the after Christmas sales are the same things I was seeing before, though it could just be limited to stuff that appeals to me.

I haven't really gotten all that much Christmas cash to justify many purchases though. I'm really trying to hold on to my money at the moment...

Sergeant Hartman
12-28-2008, 10:08 AM
This bloke on the news cracked me up (with a proper Welsh accent)

''This Neil Diamond CD was £15, I had it for like 3............fantastic!''

scrumpleberry
12-28-2008, 02:07 PM
In TK Maxx you need awesome powers to see through crap and piles of terrible things and then you find amazing stuff really cheap. I think it's excellent because it's like YES I FOUND THIS AND YOU DIDN'T HAHAHAHAAHAH AND IT WAS CHEAP AND IT'S AWESOME >:)

Rye
12-28-2008, 03:15 PM
In TK Maxx you need awesome powers to see through crap and piles of terrible things and then you find amazing stuff really cheap. I think it's excellent because it's like YES I FOUND THIS AND YOU DIDN'T HAHAHAHAAHAH AND IT WAS CHEAP AND IT'S AWESOME >:)

Yeah. xD Only thing is that I could honestly not do that if I was just shopping, I don't have anything close to the patience and the attention span. But when I worked there, I found a lot of nice stuff, like shirts from American Eagle for 7 dollars, and even a really cheap pair of Abercrombie & Fitch pants (I think they sold for $30 dollars, when I buy them in store for $100).

Come to think of it, I think there was a cute Marc Jacobs skirt there that was originally $300 dollars, that was down to $80 dollars, buried amongst the clearance section.

Madame Adequate
12-28-2008, 03:21 PM
Women.

You guys out there know what I'm talking about, right?

Rye
12-28-2008, 03:21 PM
Women.

Shut up, you didn't even complain once when I dragged you shopping all of those times. It's because you LOVED it. :bigsmile:

Madame Adequate
12-28-2008, 03:23 PM
Women.

Shut up, you didn't even complain once when I dragged you shopping all of those times. It's because you LOVED it. :bigsmile:

If you tried to drag me somewhere at 5am you'd have got violently beaten complaints. As it was you weren't too bad. And I did complain when you tried stuff on xD

Rye
12-28-2008, 03:24 PM
Heyyy. I tried to let you try stuff on too, so we'd be even steven, but you freaked out about the pants having germs in them from guys who tried them on before, and you hate argyle and everything from The Gap that I picked out. FREAK.

Madame Adequate
12-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Oh my god.

You people see what I put up with, right?

I liked most of that stuff from The Gap but I hate trying clothes on, both in practise and in principle, so tbqh I'm never gonna do it!

scrumpleberry
12-28-2008, 03:28 PM
Cram it MILFord. You're ruining the shopping thread >:( If you're too weird to shop properly, we don't care.

Madame Adequate
12-28-2008, 03:32 PM
I'll have you know that I am an exceptional fruit and can shop with the best of them. I just don't like being super skeevy and wearing other people's nasty germ clothes that they probably fapped in or drooled on or smeared their simian poop-smeared hands all over.

Iceglow
12-28-2008, 04:19 PM
I work in HMV and when we get our sales it's manical. I enjoy the pressure of the flagship store though because I am used to working under extremely high pressure. I'm a quick shopper I tend to go to 1 - 5 different stores only and always buy my clothes there. The cheapest place is probably when I need new suit trousers either for a job or for my suit or suit shirts I'll go to Primark and get them for under £10 thats hell though. I like TK Maxx because when I go there I can generally find nice quicksilver or etnies trainers in there and get them cheap as well as occassionally finding a very nice pair of jeans to buy too. Mostly however I shop in Burtons and Uni-Qlo. As for spending your paycheck at work...tell me about it but I might be picking up guitar hero 3 legends of rock + guitar (360 edition obvs) for £19.50 once I remove my discount just gotta get one put aside for me until after the jan pay day so I have spare cash.

Caraliz
12-28-2008, 04:46 PM
Yeah, I will have to endure shopping for clothes because I returned most of them. I hate clothes shopping. Everything is on sale now though so I should be able to get more stuff, but ... that also means more time spent at pacsun.

Zeldy
12-28-2008, 05:44 PM
I work in HMV and when we get our sales it's manical. I enjoy the pressure of the flagship store though because I am used to working under extremely high pressure. I'm a quick shopper I tend to go to 1 - 5 different stores only and always buy my clothes there. The cheapest place is probably when I need new suit trousers either for a job or for my suit or suit shirts I'll go to Primark and get them for under £10 thats hell though. I like TK Maxx because when I go there I can generally find nice quicksilver or etnies trainers in there and get them cheap as well as occassionally finding a very nice pair of jeans to buy too. Mostly however I shop in Burtons and Uni-Qlo. As for spending your paycheck at work...tell me about it but I might be picking up guitar hero 3 legends of rock + guitar (360 edition obvs) for £19.50 once I remove my discount just gotta get one put aside for me until after the jan pay day so I have spare cash.

I did my work experience in HMV a few years ago, so I totally know what you mean. Huuuge huge queues xD Although I was in the stock room, we had to sticker and label thousands of CDs and DVDs!

I hate trying clothes on, I can never be arsed xD

rubah
12-28-2008, 08:05 PM
you know, milf, if you'd wear underwear, you wouldn't have to worry about guy germs when trying on pants!

Same thing as wearing socks to try on shoes!

;D

Marshall Banana
12-28-2008, 09:11 PM
I don't care for clothing stores; I like to spend most of my shopping time in Disney stores and Sanrio stores.

There's a great shop in Victoria Gardens (in California) called The Pencil Club, and it sells the cutest goods (I've seen a lot strawberry items there). =O