PDA

View Full Version : Games to buy

Rocket Edge
12-27-2008, 08:36 PM
Just bought a PS3. Little BIG Planet came with, and I said I'd buy Call of Duty: World at War to see what the fuss was about, and I think it's excellent. Anyway, I plan on getting FIFA 09 & Grand Theft Auto 4, but after that I'm slumped. What games do you rate out there that I should make the effort to go and get?

XxSephirothxX
12-27-2008, 08:40 PM
Look to your PSN. Wipeout HD, Pixeljunk Monsters, Super Stardust HD, and Everyday Shooter are all excellent. People who actually own PS3s could probably advise you about how great some other PSN titles are, as well.

Dreddz
12-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Agreed on the PSN titles. Wipeout HD has been my holiday obsession. And games like Bionic Commando Rearmed, Pixeljunk Eden and Monsters are all stellar. If your interested in them add me and I can share them with you.

As far as retail games go, buy Valkyria Chronicles. Its selling like crap and deserves so much more attention.

Rocket Edge
12-28-2008, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the comments. Can't get my PS3 network connection going, some problem with the IP address but I should have it sorted in the next couple of days. As soon as I am I'll look you up.

Checked out Valkyria Chronicles, never heard of it before but after looking it up it looks almost like a mix between SRPGs and real time tactical games, so definitely worth buying anyway.

Levian
12-28-2008, 07:23 PM
I have a PS3, but the only game I've tried for it is Spider Man 3, but I wouldn't recommend it, so no help from me. xD

Cyric
01-01-2009, 10:53 PM
I have a PS3, but the only game I've tried for it is Spider Man 3, but I wouldn't recommend it, so no help from me. xD

Wasn't Spidey 3 in the Top 3 of the Worst games?

On that same note, DO NOT get Lair!

Carl the Llama
01-01-2009, 11:03 PM
Oh My GOD!

how can anyone have not said Metal Gear Solid 4!

Literally, it is without a shadow of a doubt the greatest game bar none that I have ever had the pleasure to play, its just epic on every scale.

its like owning a PC without haveing the internet lol