PDA

View Full Version : This party good enough?

RPGCreator
12-28-2008, 07:24 PM
I am thinking about starting a new game (Anniversary Edition) and choose Fighter, Thief, Red Mage and Black Mage. Do you think this party could work for long? ;)

Another question too. Is it true that Red Mage can not learn all the magic levels up to 8? :choc:

EDIT: A change of plans. My team is now Warrior, Red Mage, Wh Mage and Bl Mage. What do you think of those? :P

sir helix
12-28-2008, 09:46 PM
red mages arnt masters of magic so therefore cant learn all spells. but sence youve got all types of mages and a fight youv got a well balanced team, youll do fine as long as you dont choose the worthless thief who cant even steal:cry:

RPGCreator
12-28-2008, 09:50 PM
That part always stroke me as odd by the way. A thief who canīt steal. What is the point of a thief then? :confused:

the AJman
12-29-2008, 12:02 AM
The thief is good for getting ambushes and increasing your escape rate if I remember correctly. The real reason to drag a thief around is for the ninja when you get a class change. I think you'll do just fine with the party you have.

Nifleheim7
01-07-2009, 05:55 PM
I'm currently playing the game for the first time (anniversary edition) and i decided to go for a balanced team.
I use warrior/thief/black mage/white mage and so far the game is a bit too easy...The only time my group died was at the final floor of Earthgift Shrine.
Is it possible to change my team's jobs halfway through the game?

Flying Mullet
01-07-2009, 06:12 PM
You can't change jobs, only upgrade them.

Nifleheim7
01-07-2009, 08:10 PM
You can't change jobs, only upgrade them.

The real reason to drag a thief around is for the ninja when you get a class change.

:confused:

Flying Mullet
01-07-2009, 08:24 PM
About half way through the game a side quest is available where you can upgrade your classes to superior versions of said classes. Some of the better equipment and magic is only equippable by the upgraded class versions.

Nifleheim7
01-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Oh,i see...thanks.