PDA

View Full Version : Party Style

hhr1dluv
12-29-2008, 12:56 AM
So, I was wondering if you all had a particular 'party style' for each FF. In other words, is there a certain fighting/party strategy or habit that you have? Mine's pretty consistent. I usually have mostly attackers (one of which MUST BE the hero/romantic lead) and one healer. The healer is a must...I also kinda have a quirk about having the main female in my party along with the hero all the time, but this usually works well since the main female tends to be a healer. :-P

As an example of what I mean, I can say that in FFI and V, my party will always have a white mage; Yuna, Rinoa, and Aerith will always be in my party (as available); Vaan and Penelo are always together in my party, as are Locke and Celes; and so on and so forth.

Also, did anyone else feel that they ever developed very specific endgame strategies? For example, I can say that by the end of FFX, nearly every battle of mine followed this exact routine: Tidus - attack, Lulu - doublecast flare, Yuna - holy or curaga/regen/whatev... I know I had one for FFVI as well, but I can't really remember it.

Crossblades
12-29-2008, 01:22 AM
I like to have a balanced party in every FF game. I like to have 2 DDs, a healer, and someone who can nuke with Black Magic and/or Summon Magic

Laddy
12-29-2008, 06:13 AM
I mix things up, but a Dragoon/White Mage/Blue Mage/Thief combo always worked for me in FFV.

12-29-2008, 06:22 AM
It depends on my options.

when I get to choose my own party but I'm stuck with those classes for the entire game (like FF1), I like balance, more or less. Just so it's more fun.

When I get to change the classes at my will but not the characters (like FF5), I just concentrate on teaching them all the skills I can, and tend not no give much thought about what kind of party I'm using at any given moment. The most thought I give it is "ok, Bartz just mastered Thief, all my other party members are tanks right now so I'll make him a white mage, since he has some skills to learn there." And of course there are times I'm forced to put actual thought into it for boss strategy reasons.

When I get to choose the actual characters (like FF6), I take the four (or whatever number I have to work with) with the least experience. Once someone levels up past a character on the sideline I switch at my first opportunity. This is why I cannot play pokemon. It's my favorite style to play, though. I like that I do have a determined way to select my characters, yet each time I play I'll probably be taking different party formations through each part. The only exception was Aeris is VII, I was going to be damned if I wasted any more good experience on her than I had to.

sir helix
01-01-2009, 11:24 PM
it realy depends on the diffeculty of were i am on te game, but mostly i use a no holds bared attack group like in X i mostly used tidus/auren/kimahra (misspelled)

Jessweeee♪
01-02-2009, 12:04 AM
Usually I just have three heavy damage dealers and GOGOGOATTACKBOOMSMASH!! If possible, one or more of these people can either sufficiently heal the party. It differs from game to game of course.

FFIV: I don't remember. I played through like....once...probably wont again.

FFVII: Cloud always had Cure with All, another party member would have Heal with All, and the other would have Life with All. One of them would also have Time materia with All.

FFVIII: One party member would have Restore, one would have Revive, and the other would have whatever Siren's status curing ability was.

FFIX: Forced classes, so I'd have Garnet do the healing, while Vivi, Zidane, and either Freya or Steiner dealing all the damage

FFX: If I'm not going through a Tidus only challenge, I use pretty much everyone in boss battles, and whatever party member is appropriate for the random battles. For the Final Battle it's always Tidus, Lulu, and Yuna. One playthrough I had Rikku in there instead of Lulu and it was pretty cool.

FFX-2: Two Dark Knights and a Berserker! Everyone has Lady Luck if I'm level grinding, and I switch someone to White Mage whenever the party needs a healing.

FFXII: Everyone's always pretty much exactly the same except for their weapons, I just use whoever is the lowest level so I can even everyone out.