PDA

View Full Version : Eyes on January Event Committee Newsletter

Rye
01-02-2009, 01:20 AM
<div style ="min-height: 1100px; border: solid 2px white; background: #002942; font:#000000; width: 450px; padding: 10px;" ><div style ="float: left; padding: 3px;"><right>http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/ryechuuu/eoj.png</right>http://www.investmenthunter.net/Portals/57ad7180-c5e7-49f5-b282-c6475cdb7ee7/newspaper_gif.gif

<p style="font-family:verdana;font-size:80%;color:white">The month of January is often looked upon as the month of new beginnings and changes. This year, many EoFFer resolve to contribute to the forum and help the slowing activity. The EoFF Event Committee has gathered together to organize events for this month! While we don't have many planned for this month (we're trying to not overload this month), we're confident that you will be excited to participate in what we have planned.

Of our various events, one already going on to remark about is the Decathlon, run by our very own qwertyxsora. 10 contestants go at it to steal the winner's crown from Psychotic! See it right now in General Chat! Round 1 is currently happening, be sure to go vote and participate!

A jump to the nether regions of the forum to the Kingdom Hearts forum! Marshall Banana is hosting a competition in mid-January: a Gummi Ship contest! Create the best Gummi Ship, and share a picture of it. And to bring a whole new twist – the winner can receive a prize designer by Marshall Banana HERSELF! Be sure to keep your eyes open for this!

At the end of the month, in the FFIX forum, there is going to be a Makeover Competition, run by Levian & Rye! A whole new branch off from our costume competitions, this competition will be short, wacky, and easy for anyone to participate in. Make sure to watch as your favorite characters are given a whole new style.

Also currently happening is Newbie Adoption. Be sure to say "Hi" to any newbies that have just joined and made a thread, and if you're one of the firsts to say hi, send them a nice personal PM welcoming them. A little kindness goes a long way, mister!

To wrap up this month's newsletter, here is a short interview of our very own Marshall Banana about prizes for the Event Committee, done by I'm My Own MILF:

1) What are some prizes you are considering making?
Well, I just finished making a Moogle hat! I'm thinking of making a plushie lightsaber, too.

I'm pretty good at making hats! I also just finished making a really cute fleece scarf (it's strawberry, too), and I'm in the process of making mittens for some friends, so I can make those things, if they're wanted (it's winter, after all).

2) Will winners at any point get to ask you to make something specific, or will they all be predetermined by you and/or event organizers?
That's not a bad idea! I'd prefer members to vote for or nominate things they'd most want to win, though!

I'd like to make some cute bows for some cute girls.

3) Will the prizes all be exclusives to the winners, or will you be offering them on the EoFF (or any) store at some point?
I have a little strawberry shop on Etsy, but because my stuff doesn't sell I just keep it for myself (it's hard to put strawberry stuff up for sale, anyway, because I want to keep everything I make); plus, I don't update my shop/add items very often, so it's been kind of dead.

I don't know about the EoFF store.

Some members show interest in EoFF plushies, though, and I already have a Rye doll and a Huxley doll in the works, so I might give that a shot when I order more minky or suede.

You're welcome, Mr. Huxley.

---
And that's all, folks! Happy New Years! Keep your eyes peeled for these events, and have fun! If anyone wishes to join the Event committee and participate in this, do not be afraid to PM me! Next month will have exciting events to celebrate the month of love. And make sure you watch out for any <b>secret events</b> that may be coming up... ;]

With love,

Rye & The EoFF Event committee :heart:</p>

</div>

Old Manus
01-02-2009, 01:25 AM
I, for one, welcome our new event handling overlords.

Tama2
01-02-2009, 01:36 AM
I love it. >: D

Nice newsletter btw, Rye.

qwertysaur
01-02-2009, 01:38 AM
My name is qwerty and I approve of this newsletter. :p

Bahamut2000X
01-02-2009, 01:39 AM
I, for one, welcome our new event handling overlords.

*Wringes hands together while cackling maniacally*

Good...Gooood. :evilking:

Aerith's Knight
01-02-2009, 01:57 AM
*bows in submittance, but secretly plots to take control of the organisation*

Jessweeee♪
01-02-2009, 02:01 AM
O:

Rye
01-02-2009, 02:54 AM
Thanks, guys! I hope you all are excited for these events. I want to give the Event Committee a big thanks for working so hard! :excited:

Freya
01-02-2009, 03:34 AM
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f387/Lekana/adopt.jpg

:kaohappy2

Marshall Banana
01-02-2009, 03:57 AM
<center>http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/lucifer.jpg</center>

Momiji
01-02-2009, 04:00 AM
I like, I like. *clap clap clap*

Shlup
01-02-2009, 05:08 AM
Strawberry Etsy store?!?! Where?!

Dynast-Kid
01-02-2009, 05:34 AM
Oh my gosh, since when did we get a newsletter!? That's so cool!

Værn
01-02-2009, 06:25 AM
Should the newsletter include meetups? Because Jojee's thread says January 9th-11th :o

Fonzie
01-02-2009, 06:43 AM
Well, it won't be a "secret event" at this rate.

scrumpleberry
01-02-2009, 12:05 PM
Hee, I'm so excited!

Rye
01-02-2009, 12:40 PM
Should the newsletter include meetups? Because Jojee's thread says January 9th-11th :o

That's a good idea. Do you guys think we should include offline events like meet ups on this next time? =O

Let me know if there's anything else you guys think we should include. It'll help the fact that I felt bawwww sad that my letter was so short. xD

Jiro
01-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Don't feel bad, I thought it was awesome. I'm impressed that the event committee has already started doing stuff! Well done :)

rubah
01-02-2009, 05:55 PM
maybe e-mail it to everybody the way we did the last newsletters! talk to b0b

Tavrobel
01-03-2009, 12:15 AM
There will be none of this "having fun" taking place anywhere near my Kingdom Hearts series. Get out.

Monda, rectify this situation, post-haste.

Rye
01-03-2009, 01:30 AM
I'm not sure if I should include events that the Event Committee made together only or all events (well, big ones that the creator has requested to be mentioned.) What do you think? After all, it is the EoFF Newsletter.

Tavrobel
01-03-2009, 01:31 AM
That would have to be decided internally by the whole of the committee, wouldn't it?

Rye
01-03-2009, 05:00 AM
Guys, we have so many event ideas already floating around for February, we're up to our ears! You're in for a treat!

Del Murder
01-06-2009, 06:20 PM
I am liking how this is going so far. However, I want to make sure you guys know that the Events Committee is meant to stimulate new events in the community and not to regulate the way things already work. They haven't done anything to indicate otherwise, I just want to make sure people don't get the wrong impression.

If you have an event you want to do, you can still go about it in the usual way, which typically involves asking permission in the Private Feedback Forum and then making a thread about it. If it conflicts with other events then we'll let you know. If you have ideas you are still encouraged to join the committee, though.

Rye
01-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Yeah, definitely, thanks for mentioning that, Del. I definitely don't want anyone who isn't part of the committee but has a good idea not to follow up on it on their own. You don't need to be a member to make events, but anyone is invited to join.

escobert
01-06-2009, 07:34 PM
This will not please master Hazzard!

Flying Mullet
01-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Perhaps a "Please Hazzard" event?