PDA

View Full Version : FEīs unique theory

Future Esthar
01-04-2009, 12:22 AM
So far I have only one theory for FFX.
Let me introduce it.
I always wondered how Beveleīs machines can stand a chance against Zanarkandīs aeons.
During the game Yunaīs aeons seems to easily wipe out even the strongest machines.
So itīs difficult to believe what happened on the Bevelle/Zanarkand war.
Unless of course it wasnīt machines which attacked Zanarkand but "machines".
In fact Bevelle was destroyed by "machines".It was originally the city over the moonflow.
Afterwards "Bevelle" appears as the current game Bevelle.
The various machines around the world were destroyed by "machines" even though Zanarkanders and recent Bevelle religious people would erroneously think they were destroyed by Sin.
Now,some of the "Bevelle" "maesters" deceive people in various matters including making them think that the "Bevelle" they live is the true Bevelle city.
I think only Mica and maybe Kinoc are "maesters".The other ones are maesters.
There is a strong possibility that Seymour is also a "maester".
But never Kelk.
I will give you time to think about this theory and the game.Maybe you will get what I mean by the words in commas.

Tavrobel
01-04-2009, 12:45 AM
I considered your theory in great detail.

I also concluded that everything you've tried to postulate thus far will be broken after FFX-2, or a well-detailed analysis of the difference between in-game mechanics and out-of game laziness.

And you're putting things in "quotes," not commas.

Future Esthar
01-04-2009, 01:22 AM
How does ffx-2 breaks it?

blackmage_nuke
01-04-2009, 02:40 AM
They fact that the machines can easily be destroyed by Yuna's aeons may be attributed to the fact that machines are opposed and thus proper research, creation or development of these machines could be difficult leading to far inferior machines. If you look at the types of machines that were actually around 1000 years ago then they are far more advanced and may not as easily have been defeated by the Aeons. One example of this is the airship, or all those machines in the stadium in zanarkand ruins which can be difficult if you are underleveled, and those are just zanarkand's machina and they are already falling apart.

Not to mention that there may have been a major difference in numbers between the amount of machines and the number of aeons and summoners.

Jiro
01-04-2009, 02:54 AM
They developed that Vegnagun thing, maybe they had lesser versions of that? And it could be possible that Yuna was naturally more adept at controlling the summons, or something along those lines

Tavrobel
01-04-2009, 04:51 AM

The same way I learn how to shot web?

I Took the Red Pill
01-04-2009, 07:35 AM

The same way I learn how to shot web?
This is the first post I've genuinely lol'd at in a while.

Shiny
01-04-2009, 08:19 PM

Wut. I don't get the fact that you think putting things in quotes somehow makes what you say less nonsensical. Mostly everything you've mentioned seemed pretty straightforward to me as I was playing the game.

Depression Moon
01-04-2009, 08:59 PM

Wut. I don't get the fact that you think putting things in quotes somehow makes what you say less nonsensical. Mostly everything you've mentioned seemed pretty straightforward to me as I was playing the game.
yep.

qwertysaur
01-04-2009, 09:19 PM
The technology of Spira 1000 years ago was far more advanced. The Machina shown in FF-X were for the most part very weak due to the taboo on them enforced by Yevon. Bevelle during the war with Zanarkand was far more advanced, as shown by their ability to create Vegnagun, a weapon that thinks.

Jessweeee♪
01-04-2009, 11:07 PM
Maybe they had enough big nuclear weapons and stuff to blow up the whole world if they wanted o:

Jiro
01-05-2009, 09:48 AM
The technology of Spira 1000 years ago was far more advanced. The Machina shown in FF-X were for the most part very weak due to the taboo on them enforced by Yevon. Bevelle during the war with Zanarkand was far more advanced, as shown by their ability to create Vegnagun, a weapon that thinks.

This is what I meant. xD

champagne supernova
01-05-2009, 05:42 PM

Do the quotation marks mean something here? And yeah, if there is a massive machine called Vegnagun chilling underneath Bevelle, which was created by Bevelle, I have a feeling that this is the same Bevelle from the Zanarkand war.

crazybayman
01-05-2009, 05:57 PM

No.......I'M a "maester".

Future Esthar
01-06-2009, 11:51 PM
Is Vegnagun from x-2?Now I understand what you meant.
But no.My theory is not disproofed because we never fought "Bevelle"īs machines(that little ones that throws rocks and stumps were not created on "Bevelle") on ffx.
The ones we fought are the ones in ruins.They were created on the city submerged on the mooflow.
Which led me to the question.Who destroyed these?Sin?
Oh,they were able to beat all of zanarkandīs aeons (including the final one) and canīt defeat a stupid sea monster (which Yunaīs aeons defeat easily)?

Tavrobel
01-07-2009, 12:48 AM
Is Vegnagun from x-2?

But no.My theory is not disproofed because we never fought "Bevelle"īs machines(that little ones that throws rocks and stumps were not created on "Bevelle") on ffx.

The ones we fought are the ones in ruins.They were created on the city submerged on the mooflow.

Which led me to the question.Who destroyed these?Sin?

Oh,they were able to beat all of zanarkandīs aeons (including the final one) and canīt defeat a stupid sea monster (which Yunaīs aeons defeat easily)?

Yes, it is.

You will in FFX-2, although, to be perfectly fair, FFX-2 does introduce a severe difficulty drop, so I can understand how one could say that Bevelle's 1000 year-old technology is still weaker than their current stuff, stats-wise. But that would ignore in-game mechanics.

The one on the Moonflow? That wasn't Bevelle's at all. That was an Al Bhed contraption piloted by Rikku for the sake of a kidnapping attempt on Yuna. You can check the script of the conversation she has with Tidus after you defeat it to confirm; she yells at him for blowing up her craft.

Seeing as how Sin is a big giant thing with what is verifiably an invincibility shield, yes, it wouldn't be an unsafe assumption to say that Sin destroyed the city under the Moonflow.

It would behoove you to remember that the technology after 1000 years would have taken a downgrade. Unlike the old Bevelle, the current city did not pour all of their effort into raising a mechanical army. Additionally, the capabilities of a Summon are tied in direct link to the Summoner; this also implies that if the Summoner dies, the Summon will dissipate. Why blast your way with mortars and shells into a meat tank made of pyreflies that can instantly be called again, when you can kill the source, instead?

Also, perhaps some clarification on the timeline would help. Bevelle and Zanarkand started some war together about who knows what. Bevelle was winning at the time; Bevelle was actually winning the whole time. This fact is implied in FFX and it is confirmed in FFX-2. Sin was summoned at the end of the war, after Zanarkand had been beaten into the ground. It's a little hard to restock on Summoners, but what you can do is restock on machine parts. Sin was summoned at the end of the war, after Zanarkand had already lost. It was a last ditch effort on Yu Yevon's part to have a moral victory, if not a physical one.

Future Esthar
01-07-2009, 11:47 PM
What do I mean by the words in quotes?
Let me give you two hints :

Hint 1-Zanarkand was destroyed 1000 years ago.Recently Sin destroyed "Zanarkand".Tidus and Jecht came from "Zanarkand".
Hint 2-Mica and Seymour(the "maesters") are much like Jecht and Tidus.

Sin was summoned at the end of the war, after Zanarkand had already lost. It was a last ditch effort on Yu Yevon's part to have a moral victory, if not a physical one.

THATīS what you think.But if you can understand the hints you will understand the words in quotes and what I have been saying so hard.

Tavrobel
01-08-2009, 12:28 AM
Hint 1-Zanarkand was destroyed 1000 years ago.Recently Sin destroyed "Zanarkand".Tidus and Jecht came from "Zanarkand".

Hint 2-Mica and Seymour(the "maesters") are much like Jecht and Tidus.

Sin was summoned at the end of the war, after Zanarkand had already lost. It was a last ditch effort on Yu Yevon's part to have a moral victory, if not a physical one.

THATīS what you think.But if you can understand the hints you will understand the words in quotes and what I have been saying so hard.

Dream Zanarkand. The FFX Ultimania Guide tells us that DZ has a physical location in Spira, which is managed by the Fayth. This is why Tidus disappears at the end. This would not have happened if Tidus really were from the past.

No, they're just plain dead. The title of "Maester" is that for a religious leader. Not sure how much more clearly that could've gotten.

That's what Maechen thinks too. You can go check the script of the game. Nothing more solid than the source itself. Seriously. Go visit this page (http://www.ffwa.org/ff10/script.php), and jump down to Maechen's stuff. If you still don't believe me, play FFX-2. It's even more strongly implied if you pan out the timelines according to who's-his-face and what's-her-name.

champagne supernova
01-08-2009, 01:05 PM
Dream Zanarkand. The FFX Ultimania Guide tells us that DZ has a physical location in Spira, which is managed by the Fayth.

I always thought that Dream Zanarkand was sort of in Sin. So it does have a physical location? I know it's a bit silly arguing against the Ultimania, but isn't that pushing it a bit? Seeing that you have an airship and can go everywhere in the world, you would probably come across it. Silly Square-Enix.

Tavrobel
01-08-2009, 11:59 PM
Dream Zanarkand. The FFX Ultimania Guide tells us that DZ has a physical location in Spira, which is managed by the Fayth.

I always thought that Dream Zanarkand was sort of in Sin. So it does have a physical location? I know it's a bit silly arguing against the Ultimania, but isn't that pushing it a bit? Seeing that you have an airship and can go everywhere in the world, you would probably come across it. Silly Square-Enix.

I would've thought so, too, but it was far removed enough from the world so that no one could interfere with it. In any case, Yu Yevon also has the power of approval; he can reset the dreams as he wishes, just in case something goes horribly wrong. However, he would still have to notice that anything was wrong. For example, Jecht swam out far enough into the sea to come across Sin by accident that first time. Auron and Jecht more or less assaulted DZ in order to bring out Tidus in the second case.

Let's not forget that in-game mechanics are not the same as literary license. Spira's map does not show it as being a sphere, even though we see that it is part of a planetary system.

Future Esthar
01-10-2009, 10:08 PM
I was not talking about the machine our characters taked below the moonflow but the city.

EXPLANATION OF THE QUOTES:

My theory is this-Yu Yevon didnīt summon Sin as a last stand against Bevelle.
Yu summoned a dream of Bevelle and of the machines to attack Zanarkand.Because he is a bad guy with world domination goals,not a hero as he pretends.He starts by summoning aeons to destroy Bevelle and the worlds machines.This was done without the knowledge of the Zanarkanders.
Therefore he summons aeons in the form of Dreams(I donīt know the exact details of the process but is the same that happens to Dream Zanarkand).
So basically the Bevelle we see is a summoned dream along with the machines,some maesters and maybe some monks.
Afterwards these dreams destroyed Zanarkand and Yu convinced the faith to summon a dream.Dream Zanarkand.At this time people didnīt know they were battling aeons.
Therefore smart guy convinced citizens souls to get revenge and voila.Sin borns.And makes suffer lots of inocent Bevelle survivals.
Not to tell the Bevelle dream which subjugate their will to Yuīs will.

Tavrobel
01-11-2009, 12:36 AM
My theory is this-Yu Yevon didnīt summon Sin as a last stand against Bevelle.

Then you are wrong. The game explicitly states that Sin was summoned at the end of the war. I don't even have to respond to each of your theory facets, because each one is debunked in the game.

Future Esthar
01-11-2009, 06:16 PM
It isnīt debunked on the game because neither Zanarkand nor Bevelle knows about Yuīs true plans.Which means there isnīt a single person that can tell you the truth.They all think that the machines were real and Yu summoned Sin to revenge and as a last stand(and Dream Zanarkand).

Tavrobel
01-11-2009, 09:17 PM
I never thought that I would have to use information from FFX-2 to explain FFX, but Maechen does know the truth. He was alive and present in Zanarkand during the war, so I am more than willing to believe his word and that of the Ultimania.

You just need to stop, dude. You've been done wrong every step of the way. It's okay. We forgive you.

blackmage_nuke
01-11-2009, 10:44 PM
If Bevelle was a dream then it shouldve vanished when Yu Yevon was Destroyed, however it's still there in X-2.

Future Esthar
01-12-2009, 10:05 PM
I can go further and theorize that the monster we see in the end is not Yu Yevon.I think I know were he is.He is desguised.

Being on the war donīt make people know Yuīs plans.They were on the war but thought the machines were real.One can not tell just by looking at them(they imitate the machines).

I think I am gonna by FFX-2 online because I am sick of looking for it in shops for nothing.Not even those shops with used games have ffx-2(Game,Replay Zone,etc...).Sick.

Tavrobel
01-12-2009, 10:16 PM
I can go further and theorize that the monster we see in the end is not Yu Yevon.

Weapon --> Customize --> Sensor

Future Esthar
01-12-2009, 11:03 PM
????????????????????
His true identity is in fact a secondary character without a name.He was allways there and we passed through him without noticing.When we find him we note the suspense around his character.The game mechanics reinforce this even letting us see him from afar.One knows there is something odd because of the suspence.He appears only once on the map.In the most odd and curious place we find on FFX.He is there all alone helping travellers.

Tavrobel
01-12-2009, 11:08 PM
I'm having serious doubts that you've ever played FFX before.

Goldenboko
01-12-2009, 11:14 PM
????????????????????
His true identity is in fact a secondary character without a name.He was allways there and we passed through him without noticing.When we find him we note the suspense around his character.The game mechanics reinforce this even letting us see him from afar.One knows there is something odd because of the suspence.He appears only once on the map.In the most odd and curious place we find on FFX.He is there all alone helping travellers.

...What? I can't believe I'm saying this, I agree with Tavrobel.

Oh this is a fun quote.

It isnīt debunked on the game because neither Zanarkand nor Bevelle knows about Yuīs true plans.Which means there isnīt a single person that can tell you the truth.They all think that the machines were real and Yu summoned Sin to revenge and as a last stand(and Dream Zanarkand).

IT ISN'T DEBUNKED BECAUSE EVERYTHING IN THE GAME IS A LIE! I KNOW BETTER THEN THEM >:0

...lol

BG-57
01-16-2009, 02:54 AM
I'm amazed to see FE venture forth beyond the FFVIII forums.

Unfortunately, I can't make sense of this theory. :confused:

champagne supernova
01-16-2009, 09:08 AM
I'm amazed to see FE venture forth beyond the FFVIII forums.

Unfortunately, I can't make sense of this theory. :confused:

That's unusual ;)

BG-57
01-18-2009, 10:43 PM
I'm always hoping one day I'll completely understand at least one. I was close with the world map thread, until it was further 'explained' to me, at which point I understood it less. :p

Future Esthar
01-19-2009, 09:24 PM
Arenīt you the one who usually agree with me?Just wanna know.

Momiji
01-19-2009, 09:53 PM
I can go further and theorize that the monster we see in the end is not Yu Yevon.I think I know were he is.He is desguised.

You seemed like you were making sense until you said that. x_x

Since I don't feel like typing everything that's already been said, I'm siding with Tav's reasoning. The answers are in the script or in X-2.

BG-57
01-19-2009, 10:58 PM
Arenīt you the one who usually agree with me?Just wanna know.

I don't usually understand where you're coming from. You typically draw connections and conclusions that are not supported by what is in the game itself or officially sanctioned sources. I'm a strong believer in empirical evidence (I'm a scientist after all), and that extends to my interpretations of video game theories.

It's not that you go off on a limb to speculate about the games. Heck, I do that all the time. It's your habit of claiming that they are fact instead of theories that really baffles me.

So, I wouldn't say I agree with you, but I hope one day that I will.

Future Esthar
01-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Of course they are theories.

Darkswordofchaos
01-24-2009, 12:24 AM
Sorry to say it dude but bout all the stuff you said is explained in the game and It all comes to diffrent answers. Like 1000 years ago bevvelle (the one next to the calm lands) had lots of machina almost as powerful as vegnagun(who by the way is so week in X-2 because hes turned OFF when you fight him) the destroyed Zanarkand and Yu summoned the DZ and used sin as a protection so he could keep summoning it and as a sort of revenge agains bevelle.