PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy X hymn

Dastan
01-04-2009, 06:07 AM
Hey guys! First, I'm happy to have found this site/forum, 'cuz is awesome!

Now my question is (POSIBLE SPOILERS [are there any spoiler tags, BTW?]):

Do you guys know any other song like the hymn (you know, the song that Sin likes)?
I really like that song and classic music in general...

Thank you, guys...

sdm42393
01-04-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm not aware of any other songs that fit his fancy. There might be, but I believe Hymn of the Fayth is the only one that the game mentions.

Yes, there are spoiler tags.

qwertysaur
01-04-2009, 06:59 PM
When you post you can either hit the button (:eek:) above the text box after highlighting what you to mark as spoilers.

Or you can type [spoiler]then end it with a /[spoiler] (Slash inside of course)

As for your question, I'm pretty sure the hymn of the faith is the only in game song, but Suki Da Ne (http://www.veoh.com/videos/v850138W22n43ry) by Rikki is beautiful and should make you smile :)

Also welcome to the forums!

sir helix
01-04-2009, 07:51 PM
suki da ne is an amazing peice, although otherworld was well made to it realy fit the rock and roll side of the game

Dastan
01-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Thank you guys... and it doesn't have to be from a/the game... it can be by anyone in the world... :D

rubah
01-04-2009, 11:07 PM
Why don't you look up some gregorian chants?

Jessweeee♪
01-04-2009, 11:14 PM
The FFVIII opening is...sorta what you're looking for. It's not calm and soothing, but it has a dramatic latin chorus in it!

Dastan
01-05-2009, 12:09 AM
@rubah- Do you have any sugestions (links)?

@Jessweeee- Thank you... I'm gonna check that out...

trancekuja
01-05-2009, 12:15 AM
when I hear of dramatic latin chorus , the first thing that comes to my mind is "Clive Barkers Undying" main theme...it's short but damn good...I remember going to main menu only to hear the song...;)

Jessweeee♪
01-05-2009, 12:58 AM
Oh, and FFVII's One Winged Angel, if you haven't played it yet. I prefer the Black Mages' version, personally.

hhr1dluv
01-12-2009, 04:11 AM
Okay, first I recommend that you listen to the songs posted on this girl's youtube account: YouTube - katethegreat19's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/katethegreat19)

I also recommend the following pieces:
The Flower Duet (Sous le dome epais)
Countess of Dia, I Must Sing
Prelude to the Afternoon of the Faun (by Debussy...no vocals, but I LOVE this, so you should listen to it).
Sanctus (I have it in my iPod as "Palestrina, Mass, Eternal Gifts of Christ, Sanctus)
When I am Laid in Earth (by Purcell, from Dido and Aeneas).
O Greenest Branch (by Hildigarde or Hildegarde)
Ave Maria
"You Ladies Who Know" from Mozart's Marriage of Figaro
"Dream of a Sabbath Night" from Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastique (V movement?) ...just 'cause it's awesome.
Brahms' Violin Concerto in D Major (III)

And if you like Asian inspired things...
"The Moon Reflected" by Hua Yanjun (Abing?)

All pretty pieces of music, some of which are very close to whole chanting vibe of the Hymn of the Fayth.

MJN SEIFER
01-12-2009, 02:37 PM
I quite like the Hymm Of Faith too. I also think it's quite imaginitive how the "translation" of it goes (not really a translation I don't know what else to call it).