PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi vs. Coke

Jessweeee♪
01-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Well?

I like Coke better.

blackmage_nuke
01-05-2009, 12:02 AM
I like coke better but only because I can keep making puns about cocaine and coke. Even better when someone is drinking it with ice.

Otherwise I have no preference for either as a drink.

trancekuja
01-05-2009, 12:06 AM
Both...with tons of ice...I can't eat popcorn without coke of pepsi...no other drink goes better with popcorn!

rubah
01-05-2009, 12:07 AM
everytime I drink a coke, it's like sipping the nectar of the gods.

and it takes drinking a LOT of diet coke to keep it that way.

pepsi is too sweet for me

Momiji
They both taste pretty much the same. =/

Sephex
Never drink pop anymore unless I am consuming alcohol (even that's rare...uh...not alcohol consumption, just mixing something with pop). Anyway, Pepsi is the way to go.

Yar
01-05-2009, 12:20 AM
DIETDRPEPPER /THREAD

Depression Moon
01-05-2009, 12:24 AM
Pepsi hands down it's more masculine you know a man's drink. Pepsi has that more stronger taste you know what I mean?

Jessweeee♪
01-05-2009, 12:32 AM
DIETDRPEPPER /THREAD

Dr. Pepper isn't a cola >:[

Shoeberto
01-05-2009, 12:35 AM
Pepsi!

Lawr
01-05-2009, 12:39 AM
I like Coke more than I do Pepsi, but you all know Sprite Remix and 7UP is where it's at, yo. :cool:

Depression Moon
01-05-2009, 12:40 AM
DIETDRPEPPER /THREAD

Dr. Pepper isn't a cola >:[
It's a super cola isn't it? That's what the soda boy at the fast food joint pushes down on my cup top whenever I oder it.

rubah
01-05-2009, 12:49 AM
according to MY cup lids, it's an Other

Jessweeee♪
01-05-2009, 12:55 AM
Where in the world do people actually punch those things in? I've never EVER had my drink punched in anywhere.

escobert
01-05-2009, 01:12 AM
Coke for meee!

rubah
01-05-2009, 01:21 AM
jesseca, sometimes if you order a bunch of drinks and someone orders something that is different, say a diet coke for a diabetic, then they punch it in. If it's something like an orange drink and cokes, then it'll be obvious which is the orange.

They also do this at restaurants sometimes by leaving a snippit of wrapper on the diet coke's straw

Lawr
01-05-2009, 01:34 AM
Like at McDonalds, they have those little bumps on the lids of the cups. My brother and sister like Dr. P so they have theirs pushed in where it says "Other."

Tavrobel
01-05-2009, 01:41 AM
I used to all about Pepsi, but I've noticed that once Coke gets flat, it tastes far superior. Unfortunately, that does not happen often enough. I just drink my soda too fast.

Ice helps, but then sometimes there's the situation with a paper cup from a fast food joint, that if you leave the Coke in too long, at the bottom, there develops this sort of fine film that you drink, and it collects on your tongue. It scrapes off into something disturbingly similar to chewing tobacco.

Jessweeee♪
01-05-2009, 01:42 AM
jesseca, sometimes if you order a bunch of drinks and someone orders something that is different, say a diet coke for a diabetic, then they punch it in. If it's something like an orange drink and cokes, then it'll be obvious which is the orange.

They also do this at restaurants sometimes by leaving a snippit of wrapper on the diet coke's straw

Yeah, but there's like six people in my house and even if we all order different dark colored drinks we still gotta sip them to find out which is which, 'cause they aren't punched.

rubah
01-05-2009, 01:45 AM
well order a diet coke and when they don't do it, complain to their manager that they just gave your sister an insulin attack or something.

Jessweeee♪
01-05-2009, 01:46 AM
Hee hee that sounds fun!

Momiji
01-05-2009, 02:46 AM
but I've noticed that once Coke gets flat, it tastes far superior.

I can definitely agree with that. I'm not a big fan of carbonated drinks, so I often let out as much as I can before drinking it. Coke, however, tastes excellent at any temperature when flat.

Vermachtnis
01-05-2009, 02:52 AM
I like Pepsi more. I've never had a flat Coke before. Soda never lasts long enough to go flat around me.

Blue Harvest
01-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Both taste the same to me.

Heath
01-05-2009, 12:05 PM
I've always preferred Coke. As rubah said, Pepsi is too sweet.

Jiro
01-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Either is fine with me, though I do agree that Coke tastes better when it is flat. Pepsi is more entertaining though, I must say. Every time I've had it, I've been forced to "drink it to the max" where you hold it at arms length and try to drink it all :D

Laddy
01-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Pepsi.

It's got a creamy taste I love.

Del Murder
01-05-2009, 05:37 PM
I used to love Pepsi. LOVE it. I would drink 2 a day in high school, as many as 3 a day in college. Then I realized that drinking that much soda is really bad for you, so I cut back substantially. Around that time the greatness that is Vanilla Coke showed up. Now if I drink soda it's usually Vanilla Coke or Sprite (and regular Coke sometimes) and I don't really like the taste of Pepsi any more. It's too sweet for me.

Depression Moon
01-05-2009, 07:25 PM
They still sell Vanilla coke. they had a vanilla pepsi too, but i admit that the coke one tasted better. Oh and does anyone remember the Pepsi blue?

I Took the Red Pill
01-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Coke is superior in every way.

Cloud Strife-78-
01-28-2009, 03:08 AM
Coke taste better for me.

Shiva_
01-28-2009, 03:27 AM
I've always preferred Coca-Cola.

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-28-2009, 04:05 AM
PEPSI FTW!

Meat Puppet
01-28-2009, 05:55 AM
I don’t know. I really can’t tell the difference on their own. For some reason, though, I prefer the taste of Coke & bourbon rather than Pepsi & bourbon, so I voted for Pepsi. No, Coke. I voted for Coke.

Wolf Kanno
01-28-2009, 06:25 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/15/Rc-cola-bottle.JPG/250px-Rc-cola-bottle.JPG
:love:

SNOOZER
01-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Why not combine both? I drink both at the same time and mix it in my mouth.

Winter Nights
01-28-2009, 09:04 PM
Coke just tastes sweeter to me. Pepsi always tastes flat to me.

Quindiana Jones
01-28-2009, 09:07 PM
Though there is a spot that only a cold coke can hit, I voted Pepsi. Why? Coke costs at least £1, often £1.10 in most shops. I can get two 550ml bottle of Pepsi for 89p from Wilkinson. Fuck you Coca-Cola. Bite my ass. :)

Samuraid
01-29-2009, 03:46 AM
None of them.

Jessweeee♪
01-29-2009, 04:11 AM
I noticed something odd. Most athletes I know tend to prefer Pepsi, while people here seem to prefer Coke!

PuPu
01-29-2009, 04:19 AM
They are obviously the same thing. I don't see how people can tell their differences.

Let's say if:
There were a group of cups filled with either Coke, Pepsi, or another soda brand similar to Coke and Pepsi.
AND
You didn't know which cups were filled with what brand of soda, and had to guess which cups had which brand by tasting them.

How many of you would actually be able to tell which was which? I know I wouldn't.

Goldenboko
01-29-2009, 04:21 AM
They are obviously the same thing. I don't see how people can tell their differences.

Let's say if:
There were a group of cups filled with either Coke, Pepsi, or another soda brand similar to Coke and Pepsi.
AND
You didn't know which cups were filled with what brand of soda, and had to guess which cups had which brand by tasting them.

How many of you would actually be able to tell which was which? I know I wouldn't.

No! I've told you before! They aren't the same thing! Pepsi has this nasty, awful, distasteful, disgusting, horrible aftertaste. Cola doesn't.

I did the taste test thing before. Chose Coke... BITCH!

PuPu
01-29-2009, 04:25 AM

Let's say if:
AND

No! I've told you before! They aren't the same thing! Pepsi has this nasty, awful, distasteful, disgusting, horrible aftertaste. Cola doesn't.

But when you did the test, there was only one cup of Coke, and one cup of Pepsi. You had 50/50 shot there. If there were multiple cups and a control (the other soda brand) then it would be more convincing.

Goldenboko
01-29-2009, 04:27 AM

Let's say if:
AND

But when you did the test, there was only one cup of Coke, and one cup of Pepsi. You had 50/50 shot there. If there were multiple cups and a control (the other soda brand) then it would be more convincing.

My brother prefers pepsi and picked that when he did it. There's a difference. =p

Jessweeee♪
01-29-2009, 04:31 AM
Well Iunno how to describe it, Pepsi is like, sharper. Coke doesn't taste as bad when it's flat o:

Saber
01-29-2009, 04:41 AM
I think pepsi is a lot like drinking a flat coke. thats why I'm picking Coke and other. overall I like Dr. Pepper the best. Dr. Pepper, you make the world taste better lol.

Highwind256
01-29-2009, 05:17 AM
I have to go with Coke because it's the first I drank and has always been my favorite

NeoCracker
01-29-2009, 06:42 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/15/Rc-cola-bottle.JPG/250px-Rc-cola-bottle.JPG
:love:

XD

No cola tastes the same to me, be it shasta, coke, pepsi, RC, or sams. Though I don't like one over the other, so its whatever I'm in the mood for. :p

Spiffing Cheese
01-29-2009, 06:57 AM
Pepsi is superior to Coke in every way, except when paired with vodka. Then Coke is better.

Sprite, however, is the drink of the gods. :p

Serapy
01-29-2009, 07:09 AM
Pepsi and Coke are not healthy for you. They are so filled with millions of different substances that could make your teeth look bad.

Spiffing Cheese
01-29-2009, 07:10 AM
Pepsi and Coke are not healthy for you. They are so filled with millions of different substances that could make your teeth look bad.

D:

hhr1dluv
01-29-2009, 07:15 AM
Anyone who thinks that Pepsi and Coke taste the same never took the Pepsi challenge. :P

Anyway, I prefer Pepsi. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like with Pepsi I get a ratio of carbonation to sweetness that's more enjoyable. However, I never drink soda anymore...I have a tiny shot of root beer maybe once every three months for the memories. It's like candy.

For those of you who have given up soda (and you have to have been a heavy soda drinker in a past life) do you find now that your opinion of soda is uber different? I used to drink soda all the time and now I can't even finish an entire glass if I try. I feel like my skin is suffocating. I'm also of the opinion that my switching from soda/juices to only water (and milk, of course) is the reason that I lost ten pounds my freshman year of college instead of, you know, gaining ten pounds.

Flying Mullet
01-29-2009, 03:00 PM
The local grocery store is always advertising, "We challenge you to try our soda and see if you taste any difference [to Coke]". It never tastes the same, but I like their taste too, and it's usually cheaper, so I buy it anyway.

eestlinc
01-30-2009, 07:59 AM
Coke sells a different product in different countries, so for all we know Coke in one country might taste just like Pepsi. In the US, Coke and Pepsi taste quite different.

I grew up in the homeland of Coca Cola, so I am programmed to prefer Coke. Coke in the US tastes much worse now that they use corn syrup instead of cane sugar as the sweetener. They changed to corn syrup in 1985. I guess I am just barely old enough to remember the old version. Coke from Mexico still uses cane sugar, and tastes much better. I once went to a restaurant in Texas that imported Coke from Mexico. It was great.

Nominus Experse
01-30-2009, 03:51 PM
COKE

Loony BoB
01-30-2009, 04:01 PM
Coke fizzes, Pepsi froths. I like fizz better than froth.

Meat Puppet
01-30-2009, 06:39 PM
Pepsi is superior to Coke in every way, except when paired with vodka.
Stop wasting vodka.

Quindiana Jones
01-30-2009, 07:10 PM

Let's say if:
AND

Done it. Multiple cups. Multiple colas. Picked out both Pepsi and Coke correctly.

saldite
01-30-2009, 11:06 PM
Definitely coke...
Pepsi is just way too damn sweet for me.

PuPu
01-30-2009, 11:33 PM

Let's say if:
AND

Done it. Multiple cups. Multiple colas. Picked out both Pepsi and Coke correctly.
That is amazing :eek: