PDA

View Full Version : DS vs. PSP

Jessweeee♪
01-04-2009, 11:24 PM
I could never pick in a million years. I have both and I love them! Though lately I've definitely been playing the DS more, especially now that I have my own copy of Apollo Justice n.n

Ramza Beoulve
01-04-2009, 11:46 PM
*Prepares shotgun*

Crimson
01-05-2009, 02:57 AM
I have both aswell, but I really have to go with my PSP on a grand scale, I mean the DS touch screen is nice, but the PSP is just an overall stronger Handheld, and after witnessing how beautiful FFI + II were on the PSP, I have to say that if FFV + VI remakes are ever made, they should go on the PSP.

*Holds flame shield and casts Shell, Protect and Blink onself*

Hawkeye
01-05-2009, 03:30 AM
The PSP is way better. Playing Final Fantasy VII on the go is pretty fucking amazing if you ask me.

leader of mortals
01-05-2009, 03:51 AM
The PSP is a much better console, but the DS has fricken Chrono Trigger! Really, I think the PSP is better, because it is so much more advanced and the graphics can be so amazing. The DS really doesnt have great graphics... I love Chrono Trigger, but I also love Crisis Core...

Momiji
01-05-2009, 03:53 AM
Playing Final Fantasy VII on the go

That's a good thing?

I don't have a PSP, but I've considered getting one. However, I have to say DS. DS has Trauma Center. QED.

Vermachtnis
01-05-2009, 04:28 AM
I vote for both. They both got awesome games. And I listen to PSP in the car. And the DS can play GBA as well. So it slightly edges out the PSP because of that. Although, I guess the PSP can play GBA too. But it's not suppose to.

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-05-2009, 08:24 AM
I just got a PSP myself after having owned a DS for a few years, they both have a solid game selection and they both have their own strengths and weaknesses, so I like them both for different reasons.

sdm42393
01-05-2009, 10:52 AM
I love both, but I definitely find myself playing my DS more often (Chrono Trigger :D).
But nothing can surpass my love for the Sega GameGear!!

Wolf Kanno
01-05-2009, 07:34 PM
I have had extensive time with both and though I feel they both have their strengths, I prefer the DS which is why I actually own one. I feel it has the stronger library overall. PSP needs Homebrew to even be a contender.

Granted the DS isn't perfect and it gets a quite a few games that shoe horn in the systems features (FFIII anyone?) but the PSP has many extra's I don't give a damn about... movies on the go? I don't watch films anymore. Music? I have an ipod for that...

The DS is gimmicky at its worst, the PSP is a schizophrenic piece of hardware that doesn't know what it wants to be at its worst. Yet both have their moments of pure excellence. :love:

Rostum
01-06-2009, 04:07 AM
I am a huge fan of both. But only if you put custom firmware on your PSP.

Shlup
01-06-2009, 04:13 AM
I love them both, but I definitely use my DS more. :p

Araciel
01-06-2009, 04:30 AM
DS has better games, so it wins.

Dreddz
01-06-2009, 10:04 AM
Both are on equal terms as far as games go. The DS probably has more quality games in its library but the gems in the PSP library outshine anything the DS offers.

If one decides to mod their PSP however, it suddenly turns into the greatest handheld out there. I honestly don't know why someone would buy a PSP to just play PSP games, they would be missing out on so so much.

blackmage_nuke
01-06-2009, 10:14 AM
I have neither though I quite like the DS

Jessweeee♪
01-06-2009, 04:45 PM
I wanna mod my PSP but it looks like such a pain to do xD

Raebus
01-06-2009, 04:57 PM
I've had my psp for about two weeks now, its okay I guess. I prefer my DS lite though, I just like the games on it more.

Rostum
01-06-2009, 09:54 PM
I wanna mod my PSP but it looks like such a pain to do xD

I originally thought that, but I just ended up buying a pre-built package (already made pandora's battery and magic memory stick thing). It had better instructions on it than the Internet could give me and it has been well worth the $30 or so. Plus, the custom firmware can now be upgraded right from your PSP through wi-fi with no troubles what-so-ever.

Either that or you could go to the MaxConsole forums, they have some really good sections for PSP modding. And if you need help with PSX-on-PSP stuff, I can definitely help with that.

ljkkjlcm9
01-06-2009, 11:01 PM
I have a DS and use it tons. I wouldn't trade int at for a PSP, but I do want a PSP

THE JACKEL

The Shoeless Hobo
01-08-2009, 09:57 AM
PSP + Custom firmware + 16GB Memory stick = Win

Bolivar
01-08-2009, 07:22 PM
I've used both, the PSP is obviously the better machine, but the DS works better for me as a machine for gaming. The DS library is amazing, publisher support is crazy whereas not many PSP games, at least relatively, get released. I would go as far as to say the DS is THE system for RPG's right now. Not to mention all the great SNES classics and remakes you get to play on it.

Serapy
01-10-2009, 07:05 PM
I have both. DS is pretty fun because it has many games that are vastly educational, right now I`m playing the Brain Training game trying to get a better record. The touch feature is great too.

KentaRawr!
01-12-2009, 02:39 PM
I could never pick in a million years. I have both and I love them! Though lately I've definitely been playing the DS more, especially now that I have my own copy of Apollo Justice n.n

GIVE IT TO ME.

Anywho, I generally prefer the DS, but I do use my PSP a lot for music.

ThundagAuron
01-17-2009, 05:43 AM
The PSP is just an all-around nifty bit of kit I'd like to get my hands on, but can't justify the price. I've not been a fan of Nintendo for a long time, so I can't comment on the DS, other than the fact I know it destroys the PSP in sales.

black orb
01-19-2009, 02:50 AM
>>> By price, the DS is winning..
by graphics the PSP is winning..

a tie I guess..

Karellen
01-19-2009, 09:24 AM
The DS has Etrian Odyssey, a game in which you draw your own maps with the stylus. The DS wins.

Brennan
01-19-2009, 05:24 PM
I find the DS more amusing, sure, the PSP has better graphics, but the DS has better games.

DK
01-19-2009, 06:13 PM
Enjoy both, but for mine the DS has a far superior game library atm. But yeah I am quite happy with both of them.