PDA

View Full Version : I Love You History Channel

TyphoonThaReapa
01-05-2009, 06:24 AM
The History Channel are geniuses...:rolleyes2...No seriously they are. They know that showing things like Nostrodamus 2012 and The Seven Deadly Sins are great money making programs. Especially the 2012 references. If there true, they get to say the world BIGGEST I told you so. But if they not, which is most likely, they'll say something like, "So? I still got your money. Had you scared didn't I?"...:rolleyes2...Lol, pure genius...

Dastan
01-05-2009, 07:02 AM
I like theyr history (WW2)programs... :D

...but yeah, you have a point there...

Jiro
01-05-2009, 07:33 AM
If they're right (as in, apocolypse right) then they'll be dead too, so it's a shallow victory. If I were them, I'd be hoping I was wrong so I just get the money. :D

Wolf Kanno
01-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Doomsday prophecies always get peoples attention, its been like that since the dawn of civilization so I see no harm in this. 2012 intrigues me, not cause I believe in it as an apocalypse but because I feel you learn more about a culture when you study the religious and spiritual beliefs. That and its kinda amusing watching people fall into the scare tactics cause they are misinformed. The world isn't going to end in 2012 but just the last age of the Mayan calendar. Life will go on but the direction of mankind is suppose to change.

The Deadly Sins programs have been pretty entertaining and though they are generally associated with Christianity, most cultures actually have rules that follow with it so its more of a universal concept than Christian propaganda.

Personally, I'm just sick of the WW2 stuff as well as the Modern Marvels things. Its like they feel history didn't even start until the 20th century. :rolleyes2

Depression Moon
01-05-2009, 07:56 PM
I watched the history channel a few times. I remember they had a documentary on Batman and mainly talked about the two last films. I never saw it come on after that and I even went on their site to see if I could buy it there, but I had no success.