PDA

View Full Version : Animal Collective Rules The World

CloudDragon
01-05-2009, 08:01 AM
Can anyone else agree that Animal Collective has conquered music and reached beyond?

If anyone hasn't heard their latest album, Merriweather Post Pavilion, I suggest you get it.

Favorite tracks, Favorite albums?!!?

<3 this band so who else does?

Moon Rabbits
01-05-2009, 12:47 PM
What I've listened to by them was pretty good. I think the record was called Strawberry Jam or something like that, or at least that was a track on it and the cover was of something strawberry related.

I really dig the sound and everything, but they lacked that 'pulling' factor that made me care about downloading their music or something. Maybe I will check them out again.

Momiji
01-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Necronopticous sent me the first song from their latest album last night. Good stuff, I like it.

charliepanayi
01-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Fantastic band. Can't wait to hear Merriweather Post Pavilion, I've heard good things about it.

I love their last three albums, but my personal favourite is Sung Tongs, the stripped down approach works very well on it. As for best songs, take your pick from Who Could Win a Rabbit, Mouth Wooed Her, Grass, The Purple Bottle (wonderfully barking song), Peacebone, For Reverend Green...

One of the best bands of the last couple of years definitely.

Panda Bear's solo album Person Pitch is pretty good too.

Aurey
01-06-2009, 01:21 AM
Yuss, my favourite band. Taste and Daily Routine are probably my favourites off Merriweather , but all the tracks really deliver. Favourite albums... probably Sung Tongs and Here Comes the Indian but they're all good really.

I want to see them live very badly times a quadrillion.

Ryth
01-07-2009, 12:46 AM
I'm definitely a fan, much love for Sung Tongs, their best album. Feels was my first, and probably the best place to start. The Purple Bottle and Grass just destroy. I've been less impressed by their 2 recent EPs and Strawberry Jam, though they weren't bad. The new album is GREAT though, right back on the level of the two albums I mentioned before. No folk elements anymore, pretty much all electronic, which they've been hinting at for a while now. It's very good and I recommend people hop on it. I liked their EP with Vashti Bunyan as well.

I'm not a huge fan of their dronier works, though I am into that kind of music. Their debut was probably the best entry in that style. :D I did not like Person Pitch.

Shorty
01-07-2009, 01:05 AM
Brandon, my love, you're gone for so long and then you surprise me with this thread! <3 Marry me!

Strawberry Jam is still my favorite album. I can't decide if Peacebone or For Reverend Green is my favorite song.

Bunny
01-07-2009, 01:17 AM
Someone should send me these so I can know more and maybe stop listening to Jaydiohead.

Kalen
01-27-2009, 10:45 PM
I just started listening to them recently and I love them!

eestlinc
01-30-2009, 08:25 AM
I love the album Feels. I saw them on tour for that album and they were awesome. I saw them again this summer at a big festival in New Jersey, and the performance sounded bad. I think the sound mixing was just screwed up, but I also think Animal Collective is not an outdoor band. I haven't really listened to their new album, but I heard a song off it on the radio the other day and it sounded pretty good.

NeoCracker
01-31-2009, 03:01 AM
Its....Wierd.
Not really good, not bad, just.... Wierd.