PDA

View Full Version : COPS :mad2:

Moon Rabbits
01-06-2009, 01:25 AM
So I watched this show for the first time since I was like, too young to comprehend what was going on in it. Wowwwwww. Why is this show famous? Srrsl. What is the allure of watching some poor (wo)man run their asses off only to be forcibly tackled to the ground (probably cracking out some teeth or splitting a chin or something) and harassed by a bunch of fucking assholes with guns?

The cops on this show are so intense, too. They're always screaming and pointing guns and whatnot; most of these people aren't even being arrested for anything major. I saw them take this one guy down on marijuana charges and they tackled him down into a bunch of dead bushes / rocks and roughed him up real good. Like wtf. It also scares me because I know these cops know they're being filmed, so it's worrying to think about what real cops in America behave like off camera (even though I know the answer - bigger, more stupid assholes with guns).

Thoughts?

Momiji
01-06-2009, 01:27 AM
You make it sound as if the people being chased are completely innocent.

Furthermore, if there wasn't that element of intensity, no one would want to watch, and ratings would drop.

Moon Rabbits
01-06-2009, 01:30 AM
You make it sound as if the people being chased are completely innocent.

I'm not saying anyone being chased is innocent. Still, I don't see the enjoyment that can be exacted from watching someone's life be ruined.

blackmage_nuke
01-06-2009, 01:32 AM
And they never show the criminals getting away. I'd like reality shows that portrayed reality fairly.

Momiji
01-06-2009, 01:35 AM
I'd like reality shows that portrayed reality fairly.

Hahaha, since when do reality shows portray reality?

Still, I don't see the enjoyment that can be exacted from watching someone's life be ruined.

I come from a conservative Republican family (though I'm not one). You'd be surprised how many people enjoy stuff like that.

Moon Rabbits
01-06-2009, 01:37 AM
Still, I don't see the enjoyment that can be exacted from watching someone's life be ruined.

I come from a conservative Republican family (though I'm not one). You'd be surprised how many people enjoy stuff like that.

Well it doesn't really surprise me as much as it utterly confuses me to no end.

Jessweeee♪
01-06-2009, 01:40 AM
I never really liked it either. My dad loves these shows though, he says he hates stupid people and likes to watch to see how unbelievably stupid they are.

Tama2
01-06-2009, 01:53 AM
I enjoy the show. Sometimes I feel bad. Sometimes I don't.

escobert
01-06-2009, 03:05 AM
I watched a cops marathon last night. I need my daily fix of cops.

Araciel
01-06-2009, 03:07 AM
much better than cops:

http://i2.iofferphoto.com/img/item/537/326/86/Cops.jpg

Kirobaito
01-06-2009, 03:12 AM
The allure is hoping that you'll get an episode from your hometown cops, seeing them drive around a neighborhood near your own.

Moon Rabbits
01-06-2009, 03:23 AM
The allure is hoping that you'll get an episode from your hometown cops, seeing them drive around a neighborhood near your own.

All that would do is make me sad that my downtown is filled with homeless and crack addicts, and the city is arresting them instead of helping them.

Araciel
01-06-2009, 03:31 AM
How do you help people like that?! *eoeo*